Expedition Everest effects status watch

brkgnews

Hey, gang...

For whatever this is worth... we were told today that the official terms for the modes are...

A-Mode: Full animation.
B1-Mode: Very limited motion (as listed above, limited head and hand motion, plus strobe and glowing red eyes).
B2-Mode: No motion at all, relying on lighting to do the trick.

As Hack2112 mentioned, 9/28 was a B-1 day. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey, gang...

For whatever this is worth... we were told today that the official terms for the modes are...

A-Mode: Full animation.
B1-Mode: Very limited motion (as listed above, limited head and hand motion, plus strobe and glowing red eyes).
B2-Mode: No motion at all, relying on lighting to do the trick.

As Hack2112 mentioned, 9/28 was a B-1 day. :)

Yep thats right. Goes along with what we were told right at opening.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are there any videos of the Yeti (Hershel?) in B or C mode?

It's so dark in anything other than A that you can barely see it with the human eye, would be close on impossible to get video of that with consumer equipment.

WDITrent

It's so dark in anything other than A that you can barely see it with the human eye, would be close on impossible to get video of that with consumer equipment.
Not so. Here's what I found recently when I did a search:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DOZ2N2mk0c
At 2:33 you can see the effect perfectly- It appears that the strobe only flashes two or three times, so you can barely notice if he's even moving or not.

MKCP 1985

During the after hours Expedition:Everest Challenge party on Saturday night, September 27, the Yeti had the glowing red eyes and a strobe light effect the couple times I rode. If he moved at all, I couldn't tell it.

But the most interesting effect of the night was the sewage smell that was all around Everest all night. Cast members on the load platform at Everest were telling park guests that it was unusual to have such a foul stench in the air.

Oh, and there were no walking around Yeti appearances that I observed at the after-party Saturday night. :shrug:

loweyan

After our visit during world wide weekend (our little tower magic moment
9/28/08), we were told that at current the yeti had a malfunctioning hip joint so currently he was in B-1 with only neck and hand motions. And he would be this way for awhile since they had to custom manufacture a new one.

Also when we stole a look at the "effects" monitor it showed only one of the external water effects working as well as the steam load. There were at least 12 effects listed on the monitor but only those two were active that day.

Vernonpush

After our visit during world wide weekend (our little tower magic moment
9/28/08), we were told that at current the yeti had a malfunctioning hip joint so currently he was in B-1 with only neck and hand motions. And he would be this way for awhile since they had to custom manufacture a new one.

Also when we stole a look at the "effects" monitor it showed only one of the external water effects working as well as the steam load. There were at least 12 effects listed on the monitor but only those two were active that day.
So, only 16.66666667% of the effects were working? That's BAD SHOW!

MKCP 1985

it isn't bad show. the ride is still great fun.

sadly, threads like this - well intended - can cause a false sense of alarm in thinking people.

I guarantee that if you ride Everest and start commenting upon all the effects not working, people will look at you like you've just escaped from the loony bin. :lol: Effects not working to most people means the ride broke down and they couldn't go on it. :lol:

EpcotServo

ugh :shrug: something is very wrong there.

Well, in their defense, one will just stand still a little longer, and the other one if opened would cause guests to go flying off the track because it's missing half the ride. Which is more important right now?
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom