Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

Sergeant Tibbs

missionspace said:
Only one AA figure on the ride?
What kind of effects will there be, wind etc.?
Will there be snow?

THANKS!!
Yeah, I think its only the yeti, The rest will be going 55mph down an 80ft drop. lol, yes im pretty sure there will be snow(don't quote me on that) not sure about wind. Ask people who actually know what they are talking about. Anything I know comes from these forums.
icon10.gif

---And wont the beggining of the ride be traveling slowly at the base of the mountain while onboard audio tells about the Mt. Everest... Then something goes wrong...we meet our furry friend...train goes faster... we go backwards then forwards again...then go down the large drop??? Someone correct me if im wrong.thats just how I remember it.

SirGoofy

Yen_Sid1 said:
No. The train will be going normal speed, so you better look quick!!

Am I the only one dissapointed to hear this? I was really hoping for some climactic showdown with the Yeti, and barely escaping. All the imagineers would say is, "You can't belive how fast he moves," and stuff like that. How are we gonna see how fast he is if we zoom by him. It seems kind of a waste of a super AA, doesn't it?

Lee

Adventurer
You won't exactly "zoom" past him...but you will continue past without stopping and sitting.
Also, the Yeti himself does not appear until after the backward segment and the drop out the front.

SirGoofy

Lee said:
You won't exactly "zoom" past him...but you will continue past without stopping and sitting.
Also, the Yeti himself does not appear until after the backward segment and the drop out the front.

Okay, that makes me feel better. Would you say it's like the encounter with the Magma Worm in JTTCOTE?

CTXRover

Yen_Sid1 said:
No. The train will be going normal speed, so you better look quick!!

What would "normal speed" be for this part of the ride? Are you entering the scene via a banked drop or are you sort of coasting into it on a relatively horizontal track? Cruising by at 20-30mph would be disappointing but cruising by at a few mph like other dark rides makes sense. It sounds like a lot of time and money went into making the creature and the whole ride builds up to seeing him, so I hope we got a pretty good glimpse of him.

I've been very busy the last few weeks and so haven't posted at all, but in another thread a week or so ago, I believe either Lee or you (I remember it being someone I trust for insider Everest info) indicated that "other creatures" will be seen on the ride as well. If so, can anybody shed some light onto that? Other small AA or static creatures? Any live animals? There was a rumor I read somewhere that said some type of (animatronic?) vulture might be seen at the end of the lift hill before the backwards drop. Any truth to that?

The_CEO

Lee said:

Wait Lee, I always thought he was there right before the big drop! Are you saying he isn't?

peter11435

The_CEO said:
Where would he appear then?
Well as Lee stated he will appear "after the backward segment and the drop out the front." YenSid1 also posted a photo of where the Yeti will appear inside the mountain.

The_CEO

peter11435 said:
Well as Lee stated he will appear "after the backward segment and the drop out the front." YenSid1 also posted a photo of where the Yeti will appear inside the mountain.

That platform looks far away.. I thought he would be upclose. I guess not. Big Disapointment..

peter11435

The_CEO said:
That platform looks far away.. I thought he would be upclose. I guess not. Big Disapointment..
Why don't you wait to be disapointed. How can you possibly be disapointed by something you haven't even seen yet.

Lynx04

Normal speed is like the speed coming out of a station, maybe 5 mph, but as you can see in the pics of the track going around, the track is on a decline so it spead increases and it uses plain gravity to move it along. The Yeti is not encountered until near the end of the ride. The attraction does not use any LIMs like the Mummy, nor use tires to create a darkride feel by moving slowly between scenes. It will basically be a rollercoaster with scenery using conventional gravity as the means of propulsion.

The_CEO

peter11435 said:
Why don't you wait to be disapointed. How can you possibly be disapointed by something you haven't even seen yet.

Because the words people are posting making it sound way different then I imagined it. People don't have to see something to be disapointed, I don't know what world you live on..

missionspace

I guess we are just expecting allot form this ride! The outside is amasing but we have ?'s about the inside! As of right now all we have is Matterhorn 2.0! It don't seem like there is going to be all that much technology inside, I guess we are just expecting more then what we will get! I know it isn't open yet ! It would have been great if there was real animals in the Q, since it is Animal Kingdom! Also dining in the Mt. would have been awsome!

peter11435

The_CEO said:
Because the words people are posting making it sound way different then I imagined it. People don't have to see something to be disapointed, I don't know what world you live on..
Saying your disappointed because it is not as you imagined is fine. However you can't be disapointed with the ride yet, as you have not seen the finished product.

The_CEO

Obviously, I can not critque it.. I wasn't trying to judge the construction, just if I was building the ride I would of put it right before the big drop.

Lynx04

The_CEO said:
Obviously, I can not critque it.. I wasn't trying to judge the construction, just if I was building the ride I would of put it right before the big drop.

I am sure when they had the team in a small room brain storming they thought of that. I think the main reason it is in the area where it will be is because it is close to ground level and in an area easily accessible from the outside for installation and rehabs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom