Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

STGRhost

Well, that first switch is immediately followed by a brake run which, in turn, is immediately followed by a long, inclined track. What if the train pauses for nothing more than an instant while on that incline -- climbing until it slows to a stop, then immediately beginning to coast backward. In such a circumstance, the brake run wouldn't be used to stop the train for a show scene, but as an emergency stop only. The switch would flip while the train was on the incline beyond it.

If it operates anything like that (I think it's supposed to?), than you can probably understand the 8 month estimation a little better. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they get it working correctly any sooner than that (Shades of Test Track, anyone?)

Lee

Adventurer
Madison said:
Well, that first switch is immediately followed by a brake run which, in turn, is immediately followed by a long, inclined track. What if the train pauses for nothing more than an instant while on that incline -- climbing until it slows to a stop, then immediately beginning to coast backward. In such a circumstance, the brake run wouldn't be used to stop the train for a show scene, but as an emergency stop only. The switch would flip while the train was on the incline beyond it.
Crazy? Probably -- but it'd be so neat.

Trust me...that ain't crazy at all. ;)
In fact...that's a pretty fair description of what happens.

AEfx

1stStarIC2nite said:
It looks kewl... but it looks a lot more like Matterhorn than I thought it would...

LOL I thought so too - in fact, until I saw the 2nd pic, I thought someone was playing a joke on us and showing us pics of the Matterhorn (kind of like the Yeti thread awhile back).

AEfx

Edit : Oh yeah - THANKS FOR THE AWESOME PICS! :)

Lynx04

STGRhost said:
If it operates anything like that (I think it's supposed to?), than you can probably understand the 8 month estimation a little better. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they get it working correctly any sooner than that (Shades of Test Track, anyone?)

This will not have the Test Track problems. Test Track was a brand new ride system, this is not. RnR uses the same switch track if I am not mistaken to get into the train storage. Mummy has a backwards portion and runs with out any problems.

CaptainMichael

Can anyone point out where the switch track is on the "completed" mountain? I'm trying to envision where the opening is. From the skeleton pictures from long ago, it looks like the front of the mountain, but I don't recall any holes except for where the 80ft drop is and where you go back in.

ballewclan

The opening is in the middle of the mountain, or Base Camp. So its probobly gonna be recked or something you go into a cave. So the hole is obscured. I think when your going up you go into a kinda like courtyard to say but in the middle of the mountain, so you wouldnt be able to see the hole before the switchback.

BTW, how do you post pictured directly into a thread if theyre not on the web and dont have a link?

Sergeant Tibbs

Lynx04 said:
This will not have the Test Track problems. Test Track was a brand new ride system, this is not. RnR uses the same switch track if I am not mistaken to get into the train storage. Mummy has a backwards portion and runs with out any problems.
I can't even count the number of times you've said this in other threads. I guess people need to hear it more than once to make themselves feel better about E:E. lol

The_CEO

My question is, why hasn't anyone done any fly overs of the mountain recently? I know some members on here own private planes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom