Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

CoffeeJedi

Sergeant Tibbs said:
No onboard audio? r u kidding?

more realistic to have the audio actually come from the environment and not the train. unless there's a "base command" who's talking to you via "radio" ala Indy or CTX, i don't see the point.

the same could be said for a musical score too, but some attractions lend themselves better to that than others, case in point, Indy (movie based with a recognized score) or Space Mountain (unrealistic simulation of Buck Rogers style space travel)

Snapper Bean

Just to recount what I've learned about E:E reading this thread:

1. No launches. It's strictly a gravity coaster.
2. One large audio animatronic with which you will have a brief moving encounter.
3. No onboard audio.
4. Approximately 3-3 and half minutes in length including the initial lift hill.

At the risk of getting shouted down, is this really an technicological achievement?

I'm still looking forward to it but other than length of ride, I'm not convinced the Mummy isn't more impressive.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Snapper Bean said:
At the risk of getting shouted down, is this really an technicological achievement?

Not really, but then I don't think it was ever touted as such. It's been blown up to unreasonable expectations by folks on the internet.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Snapper Bean said:

I'm still looking forward to it but other than length of ride, I'm not convinced the Mummy isn't more impressive.
well, i havent ever ridden the mummy...... probably never will (i know, not good to say "never") but i think that you are missing the bigger picture. Joe said (if i remember correctly) the the queue could be an attraction itself. to be quite honest, i dont think that you could make a family style coaster anymore intense and still apply to the masses.

breakdown the specs of SM in wdw and there you go. still a classic, still loved, simple coaster. EE will be much more than that from a technical attraction.

wdwishes2005

Snapper Bean said:
Just to recount what I've learned about E:E reading this thread:

1. No launches. It's strictly a gravity coaster.
2. One large audio animatronic with which you will have a brief moving encounter.
3. No onboard audio.
4. Approximately 3-3 and half minutes in length including the initial lift hill.

5. it goes backwards, then forwards.

counter to #1 does a coaster NEED a launch to be thrilling/scary? i can think of 5 better coasters for every launch coaster ive been on.
2. the ''large animatronic'' has enough force to shake the mountain down.
3.does it have to be onboard? why cant it be realistic and come from the ride itself?
4. time does NOT make the coaster. for example, top thrill dragster at cedar point lasts around a minute, but alot of people say its their favorite coaster.

not tring to be rude, just making a counter point.

The_CEO

I could see wind sound coming from speakers but nothing with actual music. Maybe animal noises. Perhaps people sounds in the temple. I'm sure they have it taken care of.

Mummy wasn't a huge breakthrough either.. All they did was combine a bunch of stuff that has already been used. Nobody official said Everest was going to break records.

Snapper Bean

I still think its going to be a fun an entertaining ride. $100 million is quite a lot for something that doesn't seem to break new ground. I think the on-board audio is a great feature on roller-coasters. If I had to take some money away from queue theming to get on-board audio, it would have been worth it to me.

The_CEO

Snapper Bean said:
I still think its going to be a fun an entertaining ride. $100 million is quite a lot for something that doesn't seem to break new ground. I think the on-board audio is a great feature on roller-coasters. If I had to take some money away from queue theming to get on-board audio, it would have been worth it to me.

That 100 million is going to the extensive themeing on this coaster. Dueling Dragons' queue will feel like nothing compared to this detail.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
The way he's been hyped (by people not in the know), people are going to be disappointed when the yeti doesn't personally shave their backs as they roll past. Just think about it... I don't care how powerful he is or how much damage he could do to the building or whatever. He's just one part of the whole ride package. You'll only be seeing him for a few seconds. People are setting themselves up for disappointment.

The_CEO

MrNonacho said:
The way he's been hyped (by people not in the know), people are going to be disappointed when the yeti doesn't personally shave their backs as they roll past. Just think about it... I don't care how powerful he is or how much damage he could do to the building or whatever. He's just one part of the whole ride package. You'll only be seeing him for a few seconds. People are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I guess a good way to look at the whole attraction is:

Don't ride it just to see the Yeti, ride it to go to Everest! :D

CoffeeJedi

what will the queue/preshow be like? i'm sure there will be some footprint casts, and information about the legend, maybe a broken train that's been mauled by *something*

any word on a pre-ride video? an explanation of what you're doing? (human animatronics wishing you farewell? yeah, like that'll happen)

imagineersrock

Yen_Sid1 said:
There is not going to be anything extra on the trains, no onboard audio, no a/c, just seats and restraints. The only effect on each train will be a smoke effect coming from each Loco.
If I remember correctly, I recall seeing a light mounted on top of the engine car, will this be used as a type of spotlight in any of the show scenes or anything inside the mountain, or is it simply there for decoration?

peter11435

Snapper Bean said:
As the CEO pointed out, that 100 million is what gets you the incredible theming, datail, and mountain for this attraction. Coasters are relatively inexpensive. Even the best most advanced coasters rarely cost more than 20 million, some coasters are built for less than 10. The rest is what makes it Disney.

Also I am glad their will be no on board audio. It would ruin the theme. It makes sense to have on board audio for RnRC because you are in a limo. But a steam donkey at an abandoned asian village should not have on board audio.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
peter11435 said:
Also I am glad their will be no on board audio. It would ruin the theme. It makes sense to have on board audio for RnRC because you are in a limo. But a steam donkey at an abandoned asian village should not have on board audio.
i concur...... a yeti roar coming from a speaker infront of me isnt realistic....... (enter bigfoot debate here) but aerosmith blasting through speakers is fitting.

SirGoofy

I concur that on-board audio would be unrealistic. The Yeti isn't coming from the train, and the wind isn't produced by the train.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom