Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
jmaxwell007 said:
i havent been since '98 and '00. was this lighting original to the park when it opened. just curious........ unfortunately when i was there those 2 times, we left or the park closed before sundown.

hopefully EE will keep the park open a little later...... but i know the animals need there beauty sleep to. :D

Yup the lighting was all there from day one. WDI built this park to be fully operational at night, even down to having moveable spotlights on the Kilimajaro Safaris trucks.

SirGoofy

wdwmagic said:
Yup the lighting was all there from day one. WDI built this park to be fully operational at night, even down to having moveable spotlights on the Kilimajaro Safaris trucks.

Is there a reason it isn't operational at night. I really don't understand the "The animals have to sleep." excuse. And even if that is the case, can't they keep Dinoland and Discovery Island open?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
SirGoofy said:
Is there a reason it isn't operational at night. I really don't understand the "The animals have to sleep." excuse. And even if that is the case, can't they keep Dinoland and Discovery Island open?

The park is now open frequently at night, with the Extra Magic Hours. Previously it hasnt been open due to "commercial" reasons. Hopefully Everest will cement the longer opening hours in place. :)

The_CEO

I wanted to point out the red lined air ducts.. Is this AC I see?

Any comments?

ase1104054nk.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
im not the one to know...... but that would be nice if the inside was frigage (sp?) cold. you know, for themeing and all...... i wonder how many peoples glasses would fog up on the exist of the mtn.

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
The_CEO said:
I wanted to point out the red lined air ducts.. Is this AC I see?

Any comments?

ase1104054nk.jpg

Of course, there is AC inside. There are many equipment rooms inside, ride control, electrical & electronic equipment rooms, show control, Yeti controls, etc.

The_CEO

Well what I was getting at, would it be used to pretty much chill the whole environment to like. Ice Station Cool mode? Or is that not possible with an AC. Wouldn't they need to make a huge freezer?

CoffeeJedi

The_CEO said:
Well what I was getting at, would it be used to pretty much chill the whole environment to like. Ice Station Cool mode? Or is that not possible with an AC. Wouldn't they need to make a huge freezer?
not sure how that could be done efficiently with open tunnels. not only would air leak out, but the trains would "push" the cold air through as well. to get it to stay cold, you would need ridiculous amounts of power (which is available i suppose)

maybe just cold air blasts at the entrances of the tunnels that are triggered when the train enters?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
CoffeeJedi said:
(which is available i suppose)

maybe just cold air blasts at the entrances of the tunnels that are triggered when the train enters?
nuclear power is not an option on property :lol:

yeh, cold air blast would be an intense feature...... remember when you went in those cheesy haunted houses at the state fair and they had the air shoting out in certain places, now just add a coaster and some chill to it.

peter11435

jmaxwell007 said:
nuclear power is not an option on property :lol:

yeh, cold air blast would be an intense feature...... remember when you went in those cheesy haunted houses at the state fair and they had the air shoting out in certain places, now just add a coaster and some chill to it.
Actually under the Reedy Creek Charter Disney does have the authority to construct a nuclear power plant on property. Highly unlikely though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom