EXCLUSIVE: "Dinner in the Sky" for Magic Kingdom!?

Laura

No ma'am, I was never "thrilled" about the general idea...I was thrilled that I was able to bring a bit of exlusive information, be it good or bad. :)

:lol:

OK I'll give you that. Just to me your original post sounded like a sale's pitch for some corny flying dinner, with a link to a website that had nothing to do with Disney. The whole thing was fishy to me, honestly. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt, but I think whoever gave you the info was "high". :lookaroun That's just my opinion though.

Give them a break, they were just trying to share. And who are you to claim what the OP was feeling? So what if they were excited and thought it sounded like a neat idea...Perhaps after reading everyone else's viewpoints they realized that maybe it wasn't the best decision for Disney to make. That is what these boards are for, not to be belittled or criticized. You have 80 times as many posts as the OP, does that make you THAT much better or more knowledgeable...NO.

Holy cow you are getting completely carried away right now. :lol: I really couldn't care less about how many posts I have, as most of them were pure fluff. Sounds to me like you are automatically judgmental of anyone with a higher post count than you. I honestly don't even look at post counts, nor care about them a bit.

I was using my COMMON SENSE - not POST COUNT - to say that Disney would be stupid to have a flying table parked in front of the castle. :shrug:

DisneySaint

Although I shouldn't even give this post the time of day because it feels like an advertisement from the OP, there is no way in heck Disney would ever do something this silly, especially in the middle of the MK. Perhaps they are looking to use a similar technology for something but I'd like to see a source posted if there was ever even a thought about something as silly as this.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Guys relax. It is entirely possible that Disney inquired as to what the insurance cost would be for something like this as the OP suggested. It does not mean it is coming in the next month if it comes at all. Ideas get pitched all the time and in may cases those pitches involve a budget which would prompt inquiring into the insurance costs. Probably less than 1% of the pitched ideas ever see the light of day. Some Imagineer very well might have seen that web site for Dinner in the Sky, came up with an idea for its implementation in the parks for a special event and put together presentation.

Now would I like to see this thing hanging over the castle on a daily basis. No freaking way, but if Disney can find enough of a clientele to pay an exorbitant amount of money to eat dinner 200' in the air over Cinderella's castle after the parks close who am I to argue about it.

fyn

You really think Disney would stick a huge crane in the middle of a park, just so 10 people could eat dinner? They're better off turning the Castle Suite into a private dining room.

Shere_Khan

It just seems really dangerous. I mean, they are not even enclosed.

Like someone else said earlier, what's to stop someone from dropping something like a fork or plate or whatever, and it landing on some guest's head.

They can't block off the entire area below.

Laura

You really think Disney would stick a huge crane in the middle of a park, just so 10 people could eat dinner? They're better off turning the Castle Suite into a private dining room.

It just seems really dangerous. I mean, they are not even enclosed.

Like someone else said earlier, what's to stop someone from dropping something like a fork or plate or whatever, and it landing on some guest's head.

They can't block off the entire area below.

:ROFLOL:

It's completely absurd. The whole thing. I really can't think of any way that this could be used ANYWHERE in WDW.

scottnj1966

Looks like someone was just trying to help get this company in the public eye.
No way Disney would put this in the way of the castle view. They do everything they can to keep the view clear even if work is being done.

Maybe they could do it after it is closed but how wants a dinner at 11 to 2 am hahhaha.

Laura

Looks like someone was just trying to help get this company in the public eye.
No way Disney would put this in the way of the castle view. They do everything they can to keep the view clear even if work is being done.

Maybe they could do it after it is closed but how wants a dinner at 11 to 2 am hahhaha.

And if you did want to eat dinner at 1 a.m., why would you want to eat it hanging from a tacky crane?

If I was gonna have some kind of ridiculously overpriced meal on Main Street, they can park my table on the ground next to the Partners statue. Hanging from a crane is just goofy.

lewisc

I agree, the chances of Disney doing this is near zero. BUT I enjoyed this rumor a lot more then the hundredth thread on monorail expansion or changes to the dining plan.

I don't doubt the company that came up with this idea contacted Disney but I'd be shocked if it goes very far.

SoFlaDisneyFan

Original Poster
First off, I have NOTHING to do with this company whatsoever; many of you will know this to be fact because I have been very public about which Disney vendor I do work for, and I have provided some knowledge regarding various construction projects we have been involved in. Disney called, I can assure you. I was there, I wasn’t dreaming, Disney did call to question the possibly of this. Our safety manager laughed out loud when they linked him to the DinnerintheSky site, so your reaction to the very idea is shared by others outside the Disney fan sphere.

Anyhow, my original post does sound like an advertisement, and I apologize, but it was my intention to build my exclusive bit of news to its ultimate hype. I was excited about being so closely involved in a proposed Disney project. Please forgive me, but ask yourselves, how would you act in my shoes? Believe it or not, Disney DID make an inquiry about the possibilities of our involvement in such a project. The insurance costs for our company would be outlandish for something like this, a cost Disney would have to cover if they went forward with the project, and believe me, Disney will cover high insurance costs for project construction if they REALLY want to have something completed.

I doubt this will ever go through, but even still, Disney DID call.

SeanC

First off...obviously IF Disney did something like this, they wouldn't leave guests underneath vulnerable to dropped forks, thats a silly arguement for crying foul. It's a GIVEN that safety would be a primary concern. Less given is that Disney would leave this thing up all the time obstructing views. Doubtful, but they've done stupider things in the name of money, celebrations,etc...Finally from a personal standpoint...I would eat up there in a SECOND if I could afford to. Seems fun, a little thrilling, and unique!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
First off, I have NOTHING to do with this company whatsoever; many of you will know this to be fact because I have been very public about which Disney vendor I do work for, and I have provided some knowledge regarding various construction projects we have been involved in. Disney called, I can assure you. I was there, I wasn’t dreaming, Disney did call to question the possibly of this. Our safety manager laughed out loud when they linked him to the DinnerintheSky site, so your reaction to the very idea is shared by others outside the Disney fan sphere.

Anyhow, my original post does sound like an advertisement, and I apologize, but it was my intention to build my exclusive bit of news to its ultimate hype. I was excited about being so closely involved in a proposed Disney project. Please forgive me, but ask yourselves, how would you act in my shoes? Believe it or not, Disney DID make an inquiry about the possibilities of our involvement in such a project. The insurance costs for our company would be outlandish for something like this, a cost Disney would have to cover if they went forward with the project, and believe me, Disney will cover high insurance costs for project construction if they REALLY want to have something completed.

I doubt this will ever go through, but even still, Disney DID call.

Thanks for the info and explaination! :)

While I cant see Disney doing this during regular hours, nothing would surprise me when it comes to corprate/special events.

SeanC

Thanks for the info and explaination! :)

While I cant see Disney doing this during regular hours, nothing would surprise me when it comes to corprate/special events.

Thats just what I was thinking too. Lots of after hours private events at Disney. Maybe some corporate client suggested it for one of their events and Disney inquired...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom