Ever "converted" anyone?

Ilovewishes

My DH (boyfriend at the time) hated the idea of any of the Florida parks before our trip in 05. He said they were cringey, tacky, cheesy etc. There was nothing he would like about them and he would never change his mind.

We spent to weeks there in Nov 05 and when we got back, he booked ten days at WL as a surprise honeymoon for me in March 06. Then booked to go again for our first anniversary March 07 staying at CS. Then again in Sept 07 at ASMu. And we're going again in Oct 09 and he's even trying to squeeze in another anniversary trip next March! He discovered these boards and introduced me to them and has even agreed to let me theme the spare room on Disney and have Disney kitchen plates and utensils!

And he said I would never convert him! Wife 1, Husband 0!!!

michelemily

I completely converted my husband. he was reluctant to go in the past before we had kids, (I did manage to get him to disneyland in 2002) however, we just went in June of 08 and when we were there he loved it!!!! he even watched the DVC infomercial on the TV and he made an appointment for the open house. now we are DVC Members and i am thrilled that he shares my love for disney!

sbkline

On our previous trips, I have had a tendency to "drag" my wife around the parks (as she puts it), and have her totally worn out by mid-day. So going into this most recent trip, she didn't have very high expectations, and wasn't all that thrilled about going, considering it not her thing, but going along because of me.

However, I managed to slow things down quite a bit and bring her back to the room to rest on every day except one, and as a result, she told me how much fun she was having and how much she's looking forward to going the next time, which will also be the first time we go with out child.

So I don't know if "converted" was the right word, since she liked it originally but got burned out because of my commando approach to the place. But that's the basic gist of it I guess.

eroyee

My brother and his friend. they couldnt figure out why we go all the time so they booked a trip and said they were going ONE time to see what it was all about. Anyway, to make a long story short, they booked the next yr. too. I knew it.........yaaay!!

oh boy ive converted at least 10 people. My dads family is very into Disney and we always go whenever someone comes into town. My mom's family however is very into Universal, and will complain if i mention Disney, they think its for little kids blah blah blah. I literally had to bribe them to go and watched with a big smirk as they slowly started to enjoy it! They are now hooked and love going. On another note, my best friend didn't really like Disney and i took her to DHS and now she has an annual pass and goes with us everytime! I love converting people, manily cuz i think Disney is awesome and want everyone to enjoy it!

disneymyway

My favorite is my best friend. She for years rolled her eyes at me and told me that she'd rather take her kids to Europe (which she never did.)

Last year, she said, OK, take me with you - I have to see this "world" you love so much.

We went for a girls' weekend and jad a blast - drank around the world and everything.

Now I hear here telling people about WDW like she's loved it all her life! She was doing it on the plane on the way home to Cleveland!

jtwyatt

My Fiance...She had been once, when she was young, before we started dating...since then we have been 4 time in the past three years. We Got engaged at Epcot and are getting married @ WDW in 3 weeks 1 day!!!

I can't say my husband was a hater. We went a couple times for short 1 day trips while vacationing at my dad's is south Florida, but he had not been exposed to an extended trip. I had not done extended trips myself, but had been many more times than him and had the love already. A couple years ago when our daughters band went down to perform, we booked a 5 day stay on property. The price tag really was worrying him and really did not believe it was 'worth' it. That said, all it took was a day of on property 'perks' and the MAGIC and he was hooked, ready to make plans for the next trip. I don't have to convince him anymore about the benefits of on property week long stays.:p

Disney_Belle

My husband. He used to live in florida and went to WDW a few times while he was there, but saw WDW strictly as a "theme park" and not an "experience" I guess you could say. So when he moved back here to Massachusetts, shortly after that, him and I met (7 years ago). We went to WDW together in September 2006, this was our first vacation together, it was also the trip he proposed to me on. When it came time to make plans for our honeymoon, he said we should go to WDW. And we are going back in January 2009. If I'm watching anything on Disney on the Travel Channel, he will act like he doesn't want to watch it, but then he finds his spot on the couch and gets caught up in it, says he can't wait to go back. When it comes time for us to go to the airport, he's worse than a child, he can't sit still and starts saying how he can't wait to ride certain rides and see Mickey and watch this show and go to this restaurant. Its adorable lol.

Crazy4WDW1

I've given up trying to convert my husband. He did indulge me last year and went to WDW with me and our kids. He says its not really his "thing". Either you get it, or you don't. My kids and I love it. We're happy to go without him. He did ask me one day what the "attraction" was for me, why did I want to go 3 - 4 times a year, don't they have the same rides, etc. :brick:

smk

My DH has always pretended to go just because I love it so much but we have been countless times and spent thousands of hard earned dollars to get there and enjoy everything so I think he really uses me as his "excuse" to go. I am always glad to give him the excuse to go, sometimes I don't even have to ask, he knows it is my happy place therefore it is his too!

Various relatives and friends who ask us for advice because we have gone so many times we are known as the "Disney experts" LOL. Anytime anyone plans on a trip we get a call and we try to help them as much as possible.

jemlover

I'm working on converting my daughter-in-law. I want DS and her to go with DH and me some day. She has trouble walking long distances but I assured her we take lots of breaks when we go. Her idea of a great vacation is sitting on the beach for a week but my DS is used to vacations where there's always something to do. I did catch her looking at WDW resorts yesterday so it might be working.

Jasonflz

My parents! They would rather just walk around the park all day and focus on the sites. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at the scenery but not for half the day. I could go through Tomorrowland and spend hours looking and listening to everything and not go on a ride hours at a time, especially since The Timekeeper is gone.:( :cry: I hate Monsters Inc.:fork::mad:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I had to be converted back in 2002...I went before that with my parents but I was like 14 and really didnt have a good experiance there. Nobody knew anything and we just like winged the MK in one day. It was not fun at all...

Then my GF at the time was always saying how much she loved it and all that so one year I got us a trip for Valentines day. I loved it. She was like an expert on everything. It really really makes a difference when you actually know what you are doing.

Now I have to convert my NOW GF. She has been there once in HS with the band and that dont even count. She didnt even ride Haunted Mansion or POTC...how is that possible? She is excited to go, especially about all the food!

TakeMeThere81

I agree. DH had a great time but I think he looks at Disney as a lot of work because we have 3 kids and last time we went it wore him out. He LOVED EPCOT though, and was sold on it. So...this year he was the one who suggested we go during the first week of Dec when the crowds are low and the Christmas stuff is up...that surprised me. Circumstances have kept us from actually planning this trip, but it gave me hope that he's starting to grow his own Mickey Ears.

Ok this is my post from a few days ago. Last night DH suggested that in a few months when he gets some time off of work HE take the kids and I to Disneyworld! What a shock! So I'd written this year off, and it looks like he wants to go enough to make it work!

KingStefan

Ok this is my post from a few days ago. Last night DH suggested that in a few months when he gets some time off of work HE take the kids and I to Disneyworld! What a shock! So I'd written this year off, and it looks like he wants to go enough to make it work!

Cool! Congrats! Good luck with that!

rockydek

MY Mom

At 67 years old , I finally convinced her to go with us.
Her reason ......... "I don't care for amusement parks."

Now she wants in ...........every year!!! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom