News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Richie248

Those last two taco barges couldn't afford ILL's so they will have to wait a bit longer. Was hoping all would be gone baby my trip next week...but it's looking unlikely...

Vinnie Mac

Is there any update on what this new show is supposed to be. As the days pass I miss Harmonious more and more and on that note I never want to see Epcot Forever again. They really can't mess up again, can they?

nickys

Premium Member
what skydance? what else was originally planned?
I don’t know but Steve had some insight:

This has been on the cards for a while now, and the new show looks very promising - wish I could say more. Be excited people! It may be the show EPCOT deserves.

I will also add that if everything goes to plan, there will be things in this show that will bring people to EPCOT just to see this show.

Well the new show will hopefully have that, but it's going to have something else that will attract a lot of attention.

You aren't going to get what you want, but I have hope it can be something special. It is still in development, so it has not been Chapeked at this point.

Squishy

I'd assume it'll have an arrangement like Illuminations? Or just a main center barge and the Epcot Forever barges on the outside?
They already released "concept art" for it and it looks like some kind of center barge with LED balls or spotlights surrounding it.
1682874837278.png

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
They already released "concept art" for it and it looks like some kind of center barge with LED balls or spotlights surrounding it.
View attachment 713597
If it does, the barge would be more like a deck like the one used in World of Color (which we have already established will not work on the lagoon). My hunch is that the central barge will just have fountains (and perhaps pyro). It looks like they'll add more perimeter barges for the searchlights and maybe even reuse the flash spots that were used in RoE in Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2.

TTA94

I'd assume it'll have an arrangement like Illuminations? Or just a main center barge and the Epcot Forever barges on the outside?

Another question is, unless it’s been answered, will the new center barge, or barges move in and out or remain in place?

I don’t know if this could happen but I think daytime fountains would look really look nice in WSL if it was fountains on a flat barge or barges, just not the Harmonious version lol.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Another question is, unless it’s been answered, will the new center barge, or barges move in and out or remain in place?

I don’t know if this could happen but I think daytime fountains would look really look nice in WSL if it was fountains on a flat barge or barges, just not the Harmonious version lol.

See here -

Yes it will be back to pre-Harmonious setup, with a clear lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom