News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

I look forward to the return of Epcot Forever in a year then. I like EF but it really screams temporary show in it's current form.

What are Don and Gavin up to nowadays? It's getting pretty obvious that current teams can't make a nighttime spectacular that works for all guests.

Let’s just hope “very simple show” doesn’t mean similar Harmonious music with just fireworks like Epcot Forever 🤮. Even if it’s one barge with a couple fountains on it and spot lights doesn’t sound exciting.

Vinnie Mac

I look forward to the return of Epcot Forever in a year then. I like EF but it really screams temporary show in it's current form.

What are Don and Gavin up to nowadays? It's getting pretty obvious that current teams can't make a nighttime spectacular that works for all guests.
At the rate we're going, I wouldn't be surprised if the timeline now is Epcot Forever in early 2025 and a ROE revival in late 2025 for the remainder of the decade.

TTA94

It was sounding like the new show was going to be awesome and attract a lot of attention. Now it sounds like the budged got slashed. I mean if the budget got cut due to something else being in the works then maybe I could forgive them but we all know that’s not the case. Could have something to do with cuts to the entertainment team?

TDLFan

Has anyone heard if the Peace on Earth tag was a victim of covid/Harmonious? Is it in limbo, officially dead, anyone hear anything? I hope they bring it back this year incase this new show is also a dud, it gives us something good to look forward to on that lake. 🤔

Disstevefan1

I have a feeling though that the lesson learned will not be a positive thing for us fans. I think we will see much simpler, far less ambitious shows in the style of EPCOT Forever, and anything more will be viewed as too risky and expensive.
In my opinion, there were multiple factors here.

First, that the barges were permanently placed in the lagoon instead of floated out for the show. Folks hated that.

Second, it was a new show. In my opinion if they used the new hardware to produce an updated version of Illuminations using the same sound track, folks may have liked that so much they wouldn’t have minded the ugly barges.

Ambition do not make good shows. I’ll take the less ambitious old illuminations any time.

Figments Friend

Just now catching up with the latest here, and just saw the demo photos.

All I can say is…..FINALLY.
Justice at last.
Goodbye, burnt tacos and all the eyesores associated with that mess of a show.
World Showcase Lagoon is now being allowed to heal after the rampant misuse.

I have not felt this good about seeing metal items being torn apart since ‘The Hat’ was removed from Studios.
Today, it is a good day to be alive and be a EPCOT Center enthusiast.
The small victories are what we have now, besides the memories of a greater Park.

-

Sir_Cliff

That’s what I feel like. We are going to be punished now for all the complaining about the big barges being stuck out there.

But if there not careful the new show could backfire on them to.
At the end of the day, they want to make money by encouraging guests to book dinner reservations and hang around for the show. I could see them getting risk averse, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to try and 'punish' their guests by knowingly producing a lacklustre show as they'll end up with the same grumblings from those operating the WS restaurants.

TTA94

At the end of the day, they want to make money by encouraging guests to book dinner reservations and hang around for the show. I could see them getting risk averse, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to try and 'punish' their guests by knowingly producing a lacklustre show as they'll end up with the same grumblings from those operating the WS restaurants.

True.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"I'm proud to announce 'Epcot Forever 2.0 - New and Improved!'. It has more of what our guests know and love - Disney!!!" - Josh at Destination D23 2023.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom