News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I think it's too early for the new show testing especially when spotlights are going to be on the lagoon as well, i'd guess they're either doing routine testing/maintenance or 4th of July adjustments.

Fair point.

Not anymore. They've been broken (or turned off) since around August of last year when Enchantment 2.0 debuted. They've yet to make a return.

Are the ones at the beginning not the normal ones? I saw it tonight and I swear I couldn’t tell a difference.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Nope, they are being substituted by the smaller array of lights.

See this post/comparison from when HEA returned:

Well then. I honestly did not notice until I looked at those pictures. They seemed much more powerful and bright in person than the pictures lead to believe.

Brian

Well then. I honestly did not notice until I looked at those pictures. They seemed much more powerful and bright in person than the pictures lead to believe.
This is from a livestream at the park tonight. I was hopeful based on your comment that the original configuration had returned, alas:

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 00.29.18.png

Brian

Yeah it certainly isn’t the original configuration but I still think it looks 1000% better in person than it does in any videos/pictures.
It does. The spots don't usually show up that well in photos or videos, unless the wind is low and the smoke accumulates around. It's a testament to power of the missing spots that they are so impactful even in photos or videos.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yeah it certainly isn’t the original configuration but I still think it looks 1000% better in person than it does in any videos/pictures.

The placement looks the same, wonder if they replaced them or just lowered the power level to save some money in bulbs and electricity?

gerarar

Premium Member
The placement looks the same, wonder if they replaced them or just lowered the power level to save some money in bulbs and electricity?
They're definitely still there on the FL roofs, just sitting unused..
20230317_114316.jpg

I didn't even notice that they stopped using them in Enchantment when the Walt/Mickey intro debuted until HEA came back. Just shows of how they were barely used during DE, which may of led to it getting to its current state..

Vinnie Mac

I think it's too early for the new show testing especially when spotlights are going to be on the lagoon as well, i'd guess they're either doing routine testing/maintenance or 4th of July adjustments.
Harmonious pyro testing did start in late May though so lighting might not be too far of a stretch?

Vegas Disney Fan

They're definitely still there on the FL roofs, just sitting unused..
View attachment 714428

I didn't even notice that they stopped using them in Enchantment when the Walt/Mickey intro debuted until HEA came back. Just shows of how they were barely used during DE, which may of led to it getting to its current state..
What an odd choice, spend a fortune on hardware and then leave it to rot.

jrhwdw

It's only May 4th......Might be too early for July 4th????

Maybe a Special After Hours Show? I agree it can't be the real replacement yet....Two Tacos are still in WSL!!!

Surfin' Tuna

There was a time long ago when Epcot had a theme, and this would have fit right in. There was also a time long ago when Disney was an innovator, and this would have been amazing to see them do. Instead, we are going to get a show that had could have been great.

James Alucobond

And on the pedestal these words appear:
‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Or something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom