News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Jambo Dad

I donno, I think it is a pretty sad sight. Yes they were a mess in the lagoon in the daytime, but there was a huge amount of effort put into getting these working by a lot of dedicated people. To see it go without being reused and scrapped after such a short time is a shame.
Understand your sadness but they were purpose built for that spot. Not that easy to reuse effectively. Plus- they needed to die.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A look a stormy lagoon today - 2 tacos left.

HarmonioUS_Full_51518.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_51522.jpg

trainplane3

Epcot Forever looks so rough with the extreme lack of pyro during the celebration section. It feels broken. Along with only white spotlights. The new pavilion lighting programming looks fantastic at least.

The lagoon is looking good without the crap screwing up the views.

Anyone hear anything from the pyro or maintenance crews about the removal of Harmonious? Like glad to see it go or otherwise? Just curious about the feelings on it.

skimbob

I would imagine with the back up backstage they will probably sit there a while longer. I wonder why they didn’t demo all of the taco barges before starting on the stargate.

jrhwdw

I would imagine with the back up backstage they will probably sit there a while longer. I wonder why they didn’t demo all of the taco barges before starting on the stargate.
I'm gussing that Epcot was under pressure to restore most of WSL's View. The Stargate was a Big Part of that, along with the Tacos.

Squishy

Is it possible that they are going to be reusing the stargate or one of the skinnier arm barges for the new show but stripped down?

Bocabear

There is a lake waiting for a show just down the street... they could probably use the Stargate and two tacos...but then, in a setting like The Animal Kingdom, they may stand out even more than they did in EPCOT

Bocabear

The Stargate at Animal Kingdom would probably be even worse than in the EPCOT lagoon.
Probably, yes... They should have built submerged vaults for them to drop down then not in use... Though that would have added another couple of million to the price tag...
They could build temple ruins out in the lake that the units could sink into when not in use...
Or just dissemble and forget...
Maybe at Disney Springs.... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom