News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

JohnD

ROE had to go too…

But they probably can use “less is more” and get the same effect at cheaper price

I mean…the best Disney shows - other than ROE - were pre 2000.

They launched fireworks and played music…they’ve gotten way too complicated with bizarre IP “stories” since
Both Wishes and RoE were “less is more” although I’ll take the return of HEA. Didn’t think RoE was coming back. A show with an open lagoon, torches, fireworks, and lights in the pavilions is all that is needed. It should be show in the round with views all around the lagoon which is why the projections for Harmonious don’t work unless you’re looking straight on.

JohnD

This new show debuting in 2023 gives me hope that it'll just be Illuminations with these new barges, unless they have been working on a replacement show since before Harmonious even premiered just in case people hated it.
I don’t know. It’s not just the choice of show songs. It’s also the gesticulating arms and the Stargate that can only be seen straight on. I hope they get rid of all it. Otherwise it’s Harmonious with new songs. Yippe.

trainplane3

This has been on the cards for a while now, and the new show looks very promising - wish I could say more. Be excited people! It may be the show EPCOT deserves.
Might be a bit too much to ask but should be broad enough to get some kind of answer:
Modifications to existing infrastructure? Or new content for existing infrastructure.

dreday3

This has been on the cards for a while now, and the new show looks very promising - wish I could say more. Be excited people! It may be the show EPCOT deserves.

I can't. I'm so gutted nothing in Epcot will be ready by April. We don't go that often.

Really bad news for the 2 of us today.

Dizknee_Phreek

Thank goodness. We walked away from the show in March. It's blah. Prefer the beacons of lights on SE. Though hoping it won't use the barges. Would prefer drones really.
I've seen videos of drone shows from Dollywood and Holiday World, and they seem so cool and impressive! I'm truly shocked these smaller parks beat Disney to the punch on using this technology. Honestly, a drone show would be great at Animal Kingdom since they can't do a big firework production there. But a drone show would also be really great for Epcot too!

montyz81

If they build a version 2.0 of RoE using the current stage props, I’d be OK with the barges staying. Maybe they can build a real story into this. Happy Harmonious is done.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I've seen videos of drone shows from Dollywood and Holiday World, and they seem so cool and impressive! I'm truly shocked these smaller parks beat Disney to the punch on using this technology. Honestly, a drone show would be great at Animal Kingdom since they can't do a big firework production there. But a drone show would also be really great for Epcot too!
I've seen videos of so many parks that do it too. Locally we even had some at a college football game. Soooo cool. Much preferred to firewoks to me tbh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom