Epcot Wand up or down? (POLL)

Do you want to see the SE wand stay or get the boot?

• I would hate to see it go, I want it to stay!

Votes: 234 38.7%
  • It is annoying, I would tear it down myself!

Votes: 370 61.3%

• Total voters

bassman

TarzanRocked99- said:
I have never minded the wand and in fact I like it ecspecially at night. I think most of the regular guests feel the same way and hearing the same and moaning about it over and over again is not going to get the wand down so can we just all move on. There are many more pressing matters at WDW than the Wand.

i agree leave the wand alone it looks good and it makes the globe look less like a golf ball.
BTW tarzanrocked99,tarzan did rock,it rocked the jungle,the mighty jungle ahweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee um bumba way:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

I want it down, for sure. I didn't mind it when it was there for the Millennium Celebration, although I think they could have designed something more futuristic for the New Millennium. As it stands, it kind of looks like Mickey is buried under Spaceship Earth trying to get out! Another disadvantage is that they are stuck with the one nighttime lighting scheme for Spaceship Earth, instead of the numerous color schemes they had pre-1999.

If the thing had to stay, I think they could redesign the look of the whole thing to, once again, be something futuristic, instead of a giant Erector set with a facade.

As far as Leave a Legacy goes, I don't like how it stands, but I don't have anything against the concept, I just find it in poor execution. Which, in fact, the designer does, too, according to one of the articles on the Re-Imagineering blog (http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/).

And the Sorceror's Hat, I agree that it should be relocated to the front of the park, otherwise I don't have a problem with it, just it's location.

SpoiledTink

I'd have to say...keep the wand! I really like it, it's adds....something, I don't know what...lol...It was a nice change of the old "golf ball" look :) but then again, that's just my opinion

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Yes Mr.Pickles is at Disney world but cant have a good time because of a big wand. The big wand just ruins the trip. The big wand is destroying Mr.Pickles good time.

Mr.Pickles thinks this is as bad as people who look for chipped paint, seriously WHO CARES ABOUT A WAND, DOES THE WAND ATTACK YOU? What is the big deal about the wand? Why does it have to go down. Mr.Pickles thinks there are way more important things to talk about.

Skippy

More important things. Probably. Whats wrong with the wand? It's tacky, doesn't really fit with Epcot, I'd like to see them bring back the cool lighting at night, the awesome fountain up front. and do something with that graveyard.

note:everything above is my opinion.

Connor002

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles thinks this is as bad as people who look for chipped paint, seriously WHO CARES ABOUT A WAND, DOES THE WAND ATTACK YOU? What is the big deal about the wand? Why does it have to go down. Mr.Pickles thinks there are way more important things to talk about.

Get off it.

It's a simple question, where people wish to share their opinions regarding a subject of interest. So, unless you have something constructive to add, rather than insulting the premise of a message board (to share opinions and information), I suggest you leave, and try not to let the door hit you on the way out.

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Connor002 said:
Get off it.

It's a simple question, where people wish to share their opinions regarding a subject of interest. So, unless you have something constructive to add, rather than insulting the premise of a message board (to share opinions and information), I suggest you leave, and try not to let the door hit you on the way out.

Mr.Pickles finds this post quite odd. Mr.Pickles thinks this poster should as you say " get off it ". Mr.Pickles was giving his own opinion about " the wand ", and gave it for other people to comment about. Mr.Pickles fully understands the concept of the message board, Mr.Pickles just thinks there are better things to talk about than "the wand".

Mr.Pickles hopes you can understand what he is trying to say, before you so quickly and ignorantly jump to conclusions.:lol:

hokielutz

GothMickey said:
To me, it is just not Disney.. I prefer Spaceship Earth without the wand.

I think they did something similar for the turn of the century mark with SSE, or am I just imagining things? Anyway, on a temporary basis, I don't mind the want, but really it shouldn't be there as part of the experimental prototype city of tomorrow. The wand is a cute spectical, but it just doesn't go with the theming and it takes a little bit away from the glory of SSP IMHO.

Connor002

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles finds this post quite odd.
I happen to find "Mr.Pickles" quite odd... but I digress.
Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles thinks this poster should as you say " get off it ". Mr.Pickles was giving his own opinion about " the wand ", and gave it for other people to comment about.
The difference is that you gave your opinion in a belittling and condescending fashion, of which was unwarranted.
Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles fully understands the concept of the message board, Mr.Pickles just thinks there are better things to talk about than "the wand".
Well, then you can go do that, but don't chastise others for their decisions.
Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles hopes you can understand what he is trying to say, before you so quickly and ignorantly jump to conclusions.:lol:
Ignorance is a cruel master, it blinds its victims, and leads them to only see what it sees fit, and its victim is left unaware of their own plight...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom