Epcot Wand up or down? (POLL)

Do you want to see the SE wand stay or get the boot?

• I would hate to see it go, I want it to stay!

Votes: 234 38.7%
  • It is annoying, I would tear it down myself!

Votes: 370 61.3%

• Total voters

goofyfan13

I think that's why most of us 'Epcot purists' want it down. We kinda like Epcot without that 'Disney magic'. That being Mickey, princesses, fairies, talking animals, etc. I think Disney can create 'Disney magic' without having to rely on the Disney label...get what I'm saying? :veryconfu

Took the words right out of my mouth. Epcot has always had a different type of "Disney Magic" to me, and I don't want the same magic I feel at Magic Kingdom to be felt when I walk into Epcot.

cm1988

What were they thinking?

Gosh, I wish they would remove the blinkin' wand. SSE is a unique, beautiful work of architecture. The wand looming over it is commercial symbolism of the most trite, contrived order.

While they're bringing in the crane to do the noble deed, let's have them relocate the mausoleum stones that litter the main entrance. Move them to Downtown Disney, or to Pluto Park. Bring back the pretty garden with crept myrtle trees and flowers everywhere.

Down with the wand!
Loose the Legacy!

What were those Imagineers thinking in 1998?

Victor

Down with the wand!
Loose the Legacy!

I've never had as much of a problem with Leave A Legacy as most people. If it ever did get torn down, I'd feel bad for those who paid money to have their images or messages posted on there. Personally, I've thought about leaving something in memory of my grandfather there, who recently passed away. Epcot was his absolute favorite, and his enthusiasm for it rubbed off on me. It's something I've been meaning to do, and didn't get a chance to the last time I was there.

But that's just me. I understand why others dislike it though.

Fantasyland-er

Well Now that it's down what do we think? It's been sooo long since I've seen it without it its getting hard to adjust. If I see a new pic I think its an old one. But all in All I think it makes epcot look more the way it was supposed to.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
wow... a blast from the past.

I for one... am glad its gone. SSE is now a great, clean looking icon once again. IMO, it looks much better with out some tacky gaudy bling attached to it.

At first I really didnt care either way... but now that its gone... I can say I really really enjoy the wandless SSE, and it looks better. To be honest... I had forgotten what it looked like sans wand... I was just so used to it...being there.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I didn't like the Wand, but dealt with it and didn't feel it was the end of the world. If given the choice of a refurb or the wand, i'd choose a refurb.. but since i wasn't given a choice, i'd take the Wand coming down as a positive :)

That said, the area really looks awesome without it. Approaching on the monorail is really great and now you don't cruise past a giant steel girder set - you can see down into the plaza and walkway. Also, you see SSE up close as you enter the park, before the Wand blocked it - not to mention while in the park you now see the monorail.

Everything feels so much more open, grander, greater :) SSE looms - seriously looms - over all of Epcot. It's not the Wand you see, it's the sphere, and it looks massive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom