Epcot Wand up or down? (POLL)

Do you want to see the SE wand stay or get the boot?

• I would hate to see it go, I want it to stay!

Votes: 234 38.7%
  • It is annoying, I would tear it down myself!

Votes: 370 61.3%

• Total voters

DisKid

Leave the wand, but change the infrastructure supporting it!! Make it like...totally 3D...like the sorcerer hat!!! That would make it look a lot better!!! And maybe even taking off the "Epcot." That wouldn't be that bad.I think the sequence part of the wand (the color in general) really does highlight the sphere very nicely though. It is especially complimentary to the light schemes they put on it at night!!!

Expo_Seeker40

Many people here know how I feel about the wand, stars, and mellenium entrance so chances are you know what I voted for. ;) :wave:

Sure and if the wand stays we can change "Epcot" to "Your advertisment here" :kiss:

Halfling418

I don't really care, but I'm a bit attached to it seeing the first time I went to WDW was 2000, when it was first put up.

And yes, I know what it looked like without it. A.....ball!!!! Besides, everyone and their moms have at least seen pics of it in it's former state.

But anyways, if it was taken down I wouldn't tear at my flesh or anything. I'm a flexible person, I go with the flow...it's just too minor of a thing to get me worked up.

LaughingGravy

SSE looks more impressive by itself . With the Epcot wand, I think it leaves the impression that the wand/arm is support structure for the sphere.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
LaughingGravy said:
SSE looks more impressive by itself . With the Epcot wand, I think it leaves the impression that the wand/arm is support structure for the sphere.

oh yeah, your right now that I'm looking at it, it kind of does look like its helping to hold the sphere in place!

WDWCP

General Grizz said:
Friend for you!

a.jpg

NOTE: SSE pressurewashed in lighter areas. ;)

Can you imagine the wind resistance? It just might take flight if the wind blew just right!!

MickeyMad

I think it looks great and should stay but unfortunately it doesn't matter what we say the powers that be will do what they want and when they want!!! but it would be nice to think that they listen to our many voices....

3IAlienKid

It's cute, but ultimately it makes what was once grand and striking into, quite literally, a cartoon.

My guess is they've kept it there to continue to deconstruct the idea that Epcot is a "boring" science park. If they really want to keep doing that, I'm all for continuing to add the thrill rides, but kill the wand.

Very soon we will have Goofy's likeness carved into the Tree of Life with the other animals, maybe Mt. Mayday will soon be the final resting spot for Steamboat Willie.

DisneyJunkie

I absolutely despise that stupid-looking wand on top of our beloved Spaceship Earth. Not only is it very tacky, but it really takes away from (at least a little) the impressiveness of the Epcot icon. GET RID OF IT, PLEASE!!!

raven

I liked it for the first year or so but it has run it's course. It actually dwarfs the size of SE and makes it look smaller.

AEfx

raven said:
I liked it for the first year or so but it has run it's course. It actually dwarfs the size of SE and makes it look smaller.

Totally agreed. It really takes away from the artistry of SSE, IMHO.

Same as the hat - the Chinese Theater used to be much more impressive before the hat towered over it.

I have a feeling we are with the hat permanently, but I hold out hope that the fugly wand will one day be no more. The fact that they hide it on virtually all promotional material makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that some day my wish will come true.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom