EPCOT Update: AT&T & Pure and Simple Gone, and What's Left of Food Rocks

WDWGarden

I am surprised, as I was when the initial Gemini topic came up, that so many folks are anti the addition of gardens/trees. I am a fan of the good old Epcot Center days ever since my first visit in '84, but also realize the need to continually evaluate the status quo to make sure it is relevent and appealing.

I think many would agree that the Innoventions buildings inside do not add much to the guest experience besides being cool in the summer. The buildings themselves, although I found them inspiring back in '84, really show their age and more often cause me to remember the past rather than dream about the future.

Imagine all of these buildings gone and think about all the circular space between all of the FW attractions...now Imagineer it. With these buildings gone, it allows for a fresh start to connect the attractions we've got. Refreshing, cool garden spaces act as pleasant decompression and transition zones between the attractions of FW. Think of how the AK Oasis land affects you as you enter the park...you fought traffic, parked your car, bought your ticket, got through the turnstile, and ahhhhh....a bit of calm before you start your adventure. Imagine that kind of environment in a more stylized/clean-line/smooth way to fit with the Epcot aesthetic. It looks pretty great in my mind...

Never fear, I'm sure there will be a giant merchandise shop (there's one on your right as you exit in every Disney park on the planet), there will be a restaurant...after all, this is Disney and we all know gardens don't make money. But if these can be found in spaces that are more pleasing, more inspiring, more groovy than what we've got right now, I say go for it.

It really all does depend on if this can be done with the great Disney quality of old...

ToTBellHop

I am all for more gardens and trees at Epcot, I just don't like the idea of demolishing such large buildings (even if they are 90% a waste of time) to replace them with gardens. I'd rather see them replaced with new attractions. It's just nice having those buildings flanking you while you watch the Fountain of Nations. They could put so much in the existing buildings...at least one big name attraction in each side.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lee
Huh?
What?
Did I miss something?:confused:

Naw, I was asking if you could get a nice shot of the concept art of the Future World Gardens up in the top secret WDI section of Team Disney.

What? What was that? I mean... I mean I was just coughing. :lookaroun

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Michael72688
The wand is not bad, infact it makes it look a lot better than it used to just being plain!
It's not about being plain, it's the simplicity of the design, the worlds first geodesic globe.

DarkMeasures

Originally posted by cloudboy
Am I the only one left who thinks Fiber Optics are cool anymore?

OK, I know photos probably aren't going to happen in Team Disney, but some please fill us in!

Please!!!!

For me, it's all LiveWire now.

Maybe Disney will use Livewire soon on its attractions.

As for the BrotherBear ride. I have two problems.

1. It shouldn't be Brother Bear. Epcot is not supposed to have attractions based on Disney properties.

2. Another raft ride is ok but I would rather see a Watercoaster or a mor intense flume ride.

Defend10

Originally posted by cloudboy
Am I the only one left who thinks Fiber Optics are cool anymore?

I love fiber optics. I want a starfield in my ceiling, but for some reason, the apartment complex won't let me into the attic area to drill through the drywall?!?! I don't know. I'll just have to settle for a hanging field ala the end of Spaceship Earth. Still, that can be done for 50-60 bucks, I love it.:cool:

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by General Grizz
Naw, I was asking if you could get a nice shot of the concept art of the Future World Gardens up in the top secret WDI section of Team Disney.

Sure.
But it'll have to be a team effort, like Tom Cruise being lowered into that room in Mission:Impossible.:D

Bill

Account Suspended
Team effort eh? I'll go with ya. ;)

I have a tiny spy cam in my tie. I put it in my mouth once, but it still works. :lol:

cloudboy

I'll just have to settle for a hanging field ala the end of Spaceship Earth. Still, that can be done for 50-60 bucks, I love it.

You can get a Fiber Optic projector and fiber for $50-$60? Where? I want one!

jrriddle

1. Any chance of an SSE rehab?
2. Seacabs -yes or no?
3. The space between The Land and TLS- any plans?
4. Future of WoL?
5. Description of gardens.
6. Any cool news or tips.

SirNim

Originally posted by Bill
Team effort eh? I'll go with ya. ;)

I have a tiny spy cam in my tie. I put it in my mouth once, but it still works. :lol:
:lol: Just watch out for the jar of killer bees! :lol: ;)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by jrriddle
1. Any chance of an SSE rehab?
2. Seacabs -yes or no?
3. The space between The Land and TLS- any plans?
4. Future of WoL?
5. Description of gardens.

Actually, all that info was mentioned in this thread. :p

SSE's rehab is now on hold/killed
Seacabs - on hold
Space between Land/Seas is killed (focus on Canada now)
WOL seasonal until replaced or left empty
Gardens are "East and West" with flowers, bridges, etc.

AviMM

Originally posted by General Grizz
The Land – Food Rocks has been completely gutted. Most of the Audio-Animatronics figures have actually been destroyed, although some of the sets and characters were salvaged.

Isn't that a bit harsh? I mean I thought those figures had very good lip movement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom