EPCOT Update: AT&T & Pure and Simple Gone, and What's Left of Food Rocks

DarkMeasures

There must be someone way to get the Imagineers to think of a river ride to build instead of Rapids.

Oh, another good thing about River rides is you can tell a story easier.

Dayma

Oh, another good thing about River rides is you can tell a story easier.

Thats is what appears to be lacking from the new rides lately. There are more geared to the fast quick rides with no story. I am hoping this sort of thing changes in the future.

speck76

As for the Canada plan, I would much prefer a Jurassic Park or Splash Mountain style ride. When I go to Epcot, I like to have dinner in one of the nicer restaurants, and somehow, I think this would not be as nice if I was soaked. It would be great to get another ride in the WS.

As for WOL, this was never my favorite pavilion, although I have yet to see CC. Body Wars just doesn't do it for me, esp after riding newer style simulators, like BTTF or Spiderman. I do wish that they would leave the pavilion open, at least to soak up some of the crowds.

I was at Epcot on 4/16, the park was very busy, and TLS was packed, esp the new Nemo themed area. I do wish the Sea Cabs would come back. TLS could be so much more than it is, it so needs updating, even if it is just a superficial design update, so it does not look so 1986.

As for the rumor about the rainforest rollercoaster, I would think this would be a better fit in DAK, when they eventually open a South American section.

Finally, I have read alot on this thread about the Innoventions buildings being so large...but the problem really is that they FEEL so large. Maybe something could be done to make them feel smaller, like stepping back the second floor. Also, would it not make more sense (financially) to replace the contents of the buildings than to demolish them and start over. I would love to see a Weather pavilion with a Stormrider clone.

Maybe they can fill in the ponds between FW and WS and create the gardens there, this would also enable traffic to be better managed, and the Odyssy would not be so distant.

Oh, one more thing, with SSE, maybe Nextel can take over sponsorship, and a scene can be added of a major car accident because someone was talking on their phone while driving...that would be interesting....and a round-about tribute to WoM.

speck76

Oh, and one more thing...change Future World to something along the lines of Discovery World, at least then the GP wont be disappointed about "not seeing the future"

TrbleClef

Originally posted by speck76
Oh, one more thing, with SSE, maybe Nextel can take over sponsorship, and a scene can be added of a major car accident because someone was talking on their phone while driving...that would be interesting....and a round-about tribute to WoM.

I can't tell if you're serious or not, but why would they want a scene that makes their product look dangerous...?

Dayma

Thats twisted...but I did laugh :)

DisneyFine

DMC-12 said:
Kewl.... Hopefully Microsoft or someone else with more $$$ (than At&T) and that truly cares about SSE will pick up the sponsorship... and fix it up and take of it the right way. :wave:
Well all most everytime I go on Spaceship earth It has to stop somewhere and start up again.So,they should get the sponsoship and fast.

Michael72688

I hope that the companies see how horrible SSE is and always will be so they dont waste another dime in a sponsorship of it. They should spend their money at bigger, better, rides, or rides that are actually fun and exciting to go on.

speck76

DisneyFine said:
Well all most everytime I go on Spaceship earth It has to stop somewhere and start up again.So,they should get the sponsoship and fast.

That would be for 1 or 2 reasons:

1. A guest (possibly disabled) is having troubled getting loaded into the ride.

2. Some stupid guest jumped out of the omnimover.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Michael72688 said:
I hope that the companies see how horrible SSE is and always will be so they dont waste another dime in a sponsorship of it. They should spend their money at bigger, better, rides, or rides that are actually fun and exciting to go on.

Hmm...lessee...you live near Orlando, you are almost 17 years old, you are looking for a "bigger better ride" that is "fun and exciting".

My question is, what are you doing at EPCOT?

Personally I think SSE is a great ride especially for families that are traveling to FL. Probably not so good for teens who live in the area. I'm not trying to slam you, I can imagine if I was 17 and went to wdw a rediculous amount of time that I'd be sick of SSE too...

Number_6

Michael72688 said:

I'm 27 now and have been going to Epcot since about a year or two after it first opened. All I can say is, I've always enjoyed SSE. Partly because I just like the Audio-Animatronics there and the presentation. Partly because on a hot day, an attraction that has a relatively short line, but a ride that lasts longer the 1 minute, 30 seconds, is a big plus. I can understand that with newer attractions like Test Track and Mission:Space being there, a teen could look at SSE as being outdated and all, but you have to understand that there will be some people that can't go on TT or M:S and would appreciate a ride like SSE. I think the loss of SSE would be a disaster, especially since if you wanted to change it to a fast ride, you would pretty much have to remove the sphere since it would not structurally be able to handle what you would want. That would just destroy the whole feel of the park and it might never recover from something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom