EPCOT Update: AT&T & Pure and Simple Gone, and What's Left of Food Rocks

pan11435

There is absolutely nothing about the first 2/3 of SpaceShip Earth that is out dated. With some minor changes to the end it would once again be perfect. Remember the ride depicts the history of comunication-past, present, and future. The past will never be outdated. The present is already updated. Only the future needs a bit of an update.

Dayma

There is absolutely nothing about the first 2/3 of SpaceShip Earth that is out dated. With some minor changes to the end it would once again be perfect. Remember the ride depicts the history of comunication-past, present, and future. The past will never be outdated. The present is already updated. Only the future needs a bit of an update.

Well said. I just think a little more pain and a bit of updating to the end of the ride and you will be fine. Heaven forbid people actually learn something from a ride :)

jrashadb

Totally agree... I've always said, and have said on these boards time and time again, the last third of this ride is the problem. As soon as you get to the TL boy and the girl talking, the ride gets suspect... and, yes, that includes the top room where you see the earth above you. that room used to be much better, and they gutted it too... and, the descent is uninspiring.
As for Innoventions... well... this idea could work. To be completely honest, there isn't anything in Innoventions that interests me other than the restaurants and MouseGear. As long as they replace the eateries and the facilioties therin, I have no real problem with getting rid of Innoventions, as long as the trees they plant are large enough to provide ample cover for the attractions, as the Innoventions buildings do.
But, the Canada thing sounds cool.

cloudboy

Out of curiosity, what is so wrong with the girl and boy chating over the internet? I could see if they started with the girl and and you saw the picture of the boy on the screen, and if in the next sceen you discovered it was some old guy in just his shirts in an old motel, THEN maybe it would be a little wrong, but I guess I am just looking at that as cureent technology. It would be cool, however, if they did a little more with the dome and maybe talked a little more about satellites.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by jrashadb
Totally agree... I've always said, and have said on these boards time and time again, the last third of this ride is the problem. As soon as you get to the TL boy and the girl talking, the ride gets suspect... and, yes, that includes the top room where you see the earth above you. that room used to be much better, and they gutted it too...

I was envisioning a rehab of the descent with a TOTAL planetarian view and a city of tomorrow (further on down) reminsicent of World of Motion. Anyone?

I'll push for Tomorrow's Child, but I really am in love with the current score. Perhaps use the 1994 theme on the second half down, or save Tomorrow's Child for the unload area.

Just a thought.

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by General Grizz
I was envisioning a rehab of the descent with a TOTAL planetarian view and a city of tomorrow (further on down) reminsicent of World of Motion. Anyone?

I'll push for Tomorrow's Child, but I really am in love with the current score. Perhaps use the 1994 theme on the second half down, or save Tomorrow's Child for the unload area.

Just a thought.

I like that idea. Something needs to be changed in SE at the end... I don't know what exactly needs to be changed, but it needs to be "updated" to make it more modern, and more things to see on the descend.

Some of the things shown are already modern, I think things need to be added that are a little more ahead of the time now.

Just an idea... :)

ToTBellHop

I definitely love the currect background music throughout the ride...it's fantastic. Have a remixed, reinvented recording of "Tomorrow's Child" in whatever replaces Global Neighborhood. Honestly, if this ride just got some new parts on the ride mechanism so it didn't rattle anymore, and new audio in the cars along with a small reworking of the ending, it would be fantastic and look brand new. The rest of the ride is, as everyone else has said, timeless. Of course, I am not saying anything needs to change. A refurbishment of the ride mechanics would be fine to me...and maybe putting those tvs in the queue instead of on the ride...I understand it's a legal issue, but why wouldn't they be just as good in the queue? I love Spaceship Earth as is...so classic Epcot. Or EPCOT.

mickhyperion

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Because it is obviously not the internet. It is a auto-translating videophone you used to see in Science fiction all the time like in 2001.

Would it help if it were an Apple iChat window set to full screen? Not sure I understand what the difference between the two is really, but I guess I'll look closer on my next visit in... 24 DAYS!!!! YAY!!!

Originally posted by blackride
Does anyone know if AT&T dropped all sponsorship or just SSE? They also sonsored the INDY ride at DisneyLand I belive...

Yes, AT&T dropped sponsorship of Indy. The signage was removed several months ago.

DarkMeasures

Originally posted by mickhyperion
Would it help if it were an Apple iChat window set to full screen? Not sure I understand what the difference between the two is really, but I guess I'll look closer on my next visit in... 24 DAYS!!!! YAY!!!

Well for one thing, that scene was added in 1994. That was two years before the Internet become well known. And also, AT&T back then had nothing to do with the internet.

MagicalMonorail

*Thread Drift*

Anywho, Jim Hill confirms the Canada ride. This will be interesting. It's supposed to be similar to Grizzly River Rapids. Isn't that the same ride as Kali River Rapids? If it's not can someone please fill me in? I hope we don't get a Kali clone in Epcot though it sounds like it would be cool. I haven't seen Brother Bear yet, but it seems to go along with the theming.

DigitalDisney

Grizzly is slightly more complicated than Kali. It has two drops instead of just one, and there are some caves and geysers and other elements along the way.

On the other hand, Kali is much more immersive than GRR. Kali has extensive theming that really puts you in the middle of the jungle, and for a moment, you forget that you're in a theme park or even in Florida.

Unfortunately, there is nothing dynamic or alive on GRR. No AAs, no sound effects, nothing. Maybe a Brother Bear overlay would force some AAs or something like that on the ride...

mickhyperion

I hope it's not another complete drencher like Kali or Grizzly. I don't mind getting really wet on Splash, but getting soaked to the bone from head to toe doesn't thrill me much. I have yet to ride Kali or Grizzly for that reason. I'm sure I'm missing out, but oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom