Epcot / Germany River Ride

Glasgow

I like the idea of changes in WS, however, they've got to be careful about crowd flow as well. As someone else said, I think most of it depends on sponsorship from the host country.

SpenceMan01

I'm confused. Everything I've read about the Rhine boat ride says that the show building was built. From aerial views the building looked bigger than it needed to be for what is in there, but looking at Martin's drawing, and comparing it to the aerial photo of the building, the section for the ride is open grass. It looks like the queue might have been built, but not the rest of it.

Aerial Photo:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=28.367906~-81.546758&style=h&lvl=19&scene=3949840

Marni's Sketch:
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=11174&ppuser=6710

Glasgow

I'm confused. Everything I've read about the Rhine boat ride says that the show building was built. From aerial views the building looked bigger than it needed to be for what is in there, but looking at Martin's drawing, and comparing it to the aerial photo of the building, the section for the ride is open grass. It looks like the queue might have been built, but not the rest of it.

You're right, it does indeed look like the queue building was built - probably being used for storage or something though. It's a shame really .. there is a lot of room back there.

scottnj1966

Aerial Photo:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=28.367906~-81.546758&style=h&lvl=19&scene=3949840

Marni's Sketch:
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=11174&ppuser=6710

here's the birds eye view

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=nqv5m7863zmq&style=o&lvl=1&scene=3949840

Lee

Adventurer
You're right, it does indeed look like the queue building was built - probably being used for storage or something though. It's a shame really .. there is a lot of room back there.

Actually, they enclosed enough for the queue and about 40-50% of the ride. The area in the aerial shot where the trailers are now is where the rest of the ride would be, making the building a full rectangle.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, they enclosed enough for the queue and about 40-50% of the ride. The area in the aerial shot where the trailers are now is where the rest of the ride would be, making the building a full rectangle.

Interesting. I have never heard this.

So my question is , if they knew they weren't going to put in the ride why did they bother to build the queue. And if they didn't know the ride wasn't going in why didn't they finish the building? :confused:

I find it interesting all the space between china and germany if you look at it on windows live, theres plenty of room for a country there and a great ride.

will_rogers

I'm not sure how much can/will be done. Keep in mind that anything big would mess up that visual balance of WS. Theming would be something that would have to be thought out carefully since WS is supposed to be about culture and history, not neeccessarily nearly pi$sing your pants on a crazy adventure ride.

But then again, they are going to make the Contemporary DVC resort where ic can be seen by just about anyplace in MK, ruining yet another of Walt's visions and making the original tower look bad in comparison. But that's what happens when an entertainment company is ran by an accountant your chairman is a former banker. Damn ben counters know nothing about entertainment and theme parks, they just see it as a product so I'm sure they will ato ne point add something big in WS, and it will most likely be half-assed, amke no sense and be based of of a PIXAR movie.

I read in the sentinel that they are considering making a few park shows exclusively in Spanish to cater to the changing market. Characters are already having to learn their greetings en espanol tambien. Anyone in Orlando knows that the changing market is really people that come here and don't learn english . Gag a maggot. I no longer speak the language of the place where I was born and raised. (I went to the store last week and they changed the ailse signs so apnish is the predominant language) Maybe that's what WS needs, an attraction where all the people (esp in Central Florida) can some learn how to speak english!

*Disclaimer, my Mom's side of the family is hispanic, but they consider themselves American and have learned English...the way it should be done.

uklad79

I'm not sure how much can/will be done. Keep in mind that anything big would mess up that visual balance of WS. Theming would be something that would have to be thought out carefully since WS is supposed to be about culture and history, not neeccessarily nearly pi$sing your pants on a crazy adventure ride.

But then again, they are going to make the Contemporary DVC resort where ic can be seen by just about anyplace in MK, ruining yet another of Walt's visions and making the original tower look bad in comparison. But that's what happens when an entertainment company is ran by an accountant your chairman is a former banker. Damn ben counters know nothing about entertainment and theme parks, they just see it as a product so I'm sure they will ato ne point add something big in WS, and it will most likely be half-assed, amke no sense and be based of of a PIXAR movie.

I read in the sentinel that they are considering making a few park shows exclusively in Spanish to cater to the changing market. Characters are already having to learn their greetings en espanol tambien. Anyone in Orlando knows that the changing market is really people that come here and don't learn english . Gag a maggot. I no longer speak the language of the place where I was born and raised. (I went to the store last week and they changed the ailse signs so apnish is the predominant language) Maybe that's what WS needs, an attraction where all the people (esp in Central Florida) can some learn how to speak english!

*Disclaimer, my Mom's side of the family is hispanic, but they consider themselves American and have learned English...the way it should be done.

I know many Hispanic's that can write better English than someone like you that moan's about people speaking Spanish. If you could write clearly then you have a better argument but until then please keep you racist remarks to your stupid dumb ______ self. Thanks :brick:

MythBuster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom