Epcot / Germany River Ride

sbkline

What is the Brother Bear Canada ride??????:veryconfu

It's not a ride that is currently in EPCOT and I'm not sure if it's even in the planning. I just know from my time on these boards that many posters have discussed different rides they would like to see added to World Showcase, and this is one of the ones that has received alot of discussion. Basically, I think it would be some kind of log ride.

Now whether the idea has been given official consideration by the execs, or if it is just an idea tossed around on these boards, I don't know.

DigitalDisney

The fact that WS hasn't been updated in a while isn't necessarily bad. It just means that it can stand the test of time.

In the evenings, WS is usually very busy, and it's not just because of Illuminations. People head there to look, shop, and eat.

That being said, I'd love to see more attractions back there. WS definately needs an E or D ticket experience.
- The Japanese high speed rail attraction sounds awesome. It could be very similar to Soarin if done right.
- Italy could really use an attraction that's dedicated to the Renaissance, whether it be a well done museum, 3d show, etc.
- A double-decker bus ride through London would be an outstanding addition to UK.
- Of course, they could always reopen Millennium Village too. Not only did that have exhibits, but it also had a big show and offered more places to eat.

wickedfan07

I tried searching for the thread where I first saw the Brother Bear rumor. The original poster of that thread listed a bunch of rumors that had supposedly been discussed at a meeting of the higher-ups, and something about them being on a five or ten year plan. The only "proposal" I can remember is the Brother Bear rapids ride, but there were at least two for each park. (I think Beastly Kingdom was one of them, too.)

But after searching, this rumor seems old. I found threads from 2004 on the subject...one poster in an old thread mentioned Corrus confirmed this was red-lighted. So after all that, we're still in the dark.

It'd be nice to see World Showcase with some additions, and there are plenty of possibilities. With Nemo coming to Future World this fall, Epcot might not see something new for awhile, especially with the two younger parks lacking attractions. They need to find a balance as far as construction (and $$) goes, I guess. If something new in World Showcase throws the balance off, it doesn't get done. Epcot is better off than the Studios or AK (as far as attractions go.)

Madison

Whatever they had planned for Germany could not have been terribly elaborate -- the show building attached to the pavilion is smaller than that for Maelstrom; so likely it'd have taken as much space as El Rio del Tiempo. It'd have been charming, I bet, but certainly not anything more than that.

AEfx

World Showcase won't get any new attractions unless Disney can attract more corporate sponsors who just want to sign a check and let Disney make all the decisions. Unfortunately, those two things (getting a signed check and Disney not losing their ability to manage the project themselves without "suggestions"), are hard to come by together.

WS is a sad place to me. So much possibility, and in many ways it's just a shopping mall with really pretty facades. Any of the cool things are hidden away and most people just pass them by. When I was a kid and Norway opened I remember thinking how cool it would be a decade or two later when more attractions like that were added...and WS has been pretty much stagnant since then.

It has it's charms, but could be so much more.

AEfx

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A double-decker bus ride through London would be an outstanding addition to UK..
Nah - it`d be just sat in traffic :lol:

The Rhine River ride would have had slightly more added to the show building, but not much. The plan for the actual ride path would have taken up a fair space; half the main pavilion, or twice as much as the Beer Garden. I have a rough layout in my folder: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=11174&ppuser=6710

There were also plans for a Carousel Theatre show, the Mt Fuji Rollercoaster and Ginza district in Japan, a much bigger Maelstrom, a Venitian gondola ride through Italys past, a rear projection dinner show in Morocco, a French Exposition hall, and a UK Vaudavillle theatre show, to name just the countries that were completed.

Scar Junior

Nah - it`d be just sat in traffic :lol:

The Rhine River ride would have had slightly more added to the show building, but not much. The plan for the actual ride path would have taken up a fair space; half the main pavilion, or twice as much as the Beer Garden. I have a rough layout in my folder: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=11174&ppuser=6710

There were also plans for a Carousel Theatre show, the Mt Fuji Rollercoaster and Ginza district in Japan, a much bigger Maelstrom, a Venitian gondola ride through Italys past, a rear projection dinner show in Morocco, a French Exposition hall, and a UK Vaudavillle theatre show, to name just the countries that were completed.

Wow, cool! Thanks for the link. Your arsenal of maps, concept art and layouts never ceases to amaze me!:wave:

KevinPage

Generally speaking, the reason why certain pavillions don't have attractions is that the government/tourist department of that country didn't want to "foot the bill" to build it.

You see, this is great promotion for tourism for each country represented, hence why Disney wasn't going to just absorb all the cost for an attraction.

Like everything Epcot related, things went over budget and got scaled back.

If the German government feels like plopping down many millions of $$$$, then I'm sure we'll see a new attraction.

Same thing goes for the films, Disney doesn't foot the bill on those either.

:D :D :D

Hammer1310

World showcase could desperately use another ride. I'd like to see something else go there and the Brother Bear Canada ride just doesn't impress me much.

I never understood this at all. Shouldn't a Brother Bear ride be in the American Adventure anyway? All of the names and locations in the film are taken from words and places related to Alaska so it would make more sense than putting it in Canada.

I know it's a moot point since it won't happen anyway...

Something in Germany would be nice though.

gboiler1

Great link. The concept art of "Incredible Journey with..." reminded me of the old Disneyland ride Journey Though Inner Space. What a fun addition that would have been for Future World.

JimboJones123

I never understood this at all. Shouldn't a Brother Bear ride be in the American Adventure anyway? All of the names and locations in the film are taken from words and places related to Alaska so it would make more sense than putting it in Canada.

I know it's a moot point since it won't happen anyway...

Something in Germany would be nice though.

Or California if you go to DCA!

CJR

World Showcase needs another ride and on the opposite side of Mexico and Norway. I don't know why Disney neglects the showcase so much compaired to Future World. I love it, but it is never different. I like change (As long as it's good).

Unplugged

World Showcase needs another ride and on the opposite side of Mexico and Norway. I don't know why Disney neglects the showcase so much compaired to Future World. I love it, but it is never different. I like change (As long as it's good).

I agree. We love Epcot and the World Showcase design. It makes for great walks and some amazing lighting at night. But, the addition of another country or two would be really nice. A "plus" as it were. There are ample places around the south side of the lagoon. When viewed from Google Earth, you can see so many possibilities with the space they have available.

Oh well. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

metscool

I agree with you. They need more rides there in WS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom