Epcot / Germany River Ride

maryszhi

If never seen any plans for Italy having a ride attached to it. Do you have any scans or pics of a model? There has only been that one boat for a very long time.

It sure would have been nice to have a boat ride like they do in Vegas at one of the resorts there.
they only have one on display? i honestly always thought there was more.
also i heard the story a million times in epcot, and i thought i saw it some where here to. sorry if i made a mistake

maryszhi

What does an Irish pavilion have to offer that is so unique compared to the UK pavilion? Architecture and culture are largely similar, and there isn't any special cuisine of note, whereas Russia, Greece, Australia, Egypt and Brazil are practically begging for a pavilion.
i actually see your point. i just thought the whole celtic thing would be an awesome idea for a roller coaster

tomm4004

its too much like morocco, just like ireland to much like the uk
Having been to Morocco and Egypt, I do not think they are alike at all. Just with regards to architecture, not a lot of pyramids, Pharonic temples or Sphinx in Marrakesh! They are at least as different as Germany, Italy and France are to each other. Or as different as China is to Japan.

wickedfan07

its too much like morocco, just like ireland to much like the uk

In spite of the fact that both of these countries sit in Africa, I would say there are quite different. An Egyptian pavilion could (and would probably) focus on ancient Egypt, which is quite different from anything in the Morocco pavilion.

jt04

Reasons why Brazil should be a WS pavilion:

800px-Amazon_Forest.jpg

CorcovadofotoRJ.jpg

800px-Brazilian_Carnival.jpg

And as for my living in Northern Ireland, I'm not terribly proud. :shrug:

Seems to me that large cleared area at AK would be perfect for a South America which is heavily tilted towards Brazil (Amazon rain forest). A pavilion at WS seems a bit small. Now Peru on the other hand would be great in WS. But that is just my opinion.

bingie

Just a note for all my Canadian friends on the boards and for those of you who sympathize with Canada being represented by a lumberjack costume...

Please don't get rid of the lumberjack costume!!!! Embrace the Lumberjackness of the pavilion. Here's why...in pretty much every other pavilion the costumes are made of layers and layers of clothing...we're talking tights, skirts (over more layers or skirts) aprons, blouses, vests, jackets, ties or scarves, hats and bonnets and in Canada...shorts and a thin button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

true, there are boots, but hey you could drop something on your toe and be fine! The inside workers wear pants or culottes but still...bare legs for the girls, not layers of pantyhose in the middle of August.

It's a great costume...shhhhh...don't tell anyone though or they'll make it more fancy and drown all the Canadians in layers of polyester :zipit:

It sounds like you may have worked there at some point?? :lookaroun (please pm me if you have :wave:)

MAGICFLOP

Just a note for all my Canadian friends on the boards and for those of you who sympathize with Canada being represented by a lumberjack costume...

Please don't get rid of the lumberjack costume!!!! Embrace the Lumberjackness of the pavilion. Here's why...in pretty much every other pavilion the costumes are made of layers and layers of clothing...we're talking tights, skirts (over more layers or skirts) aprons, blouses, vests, jackets, ties or scarves, hats and bonnets and in Canada...shorts and a thin button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

true, there are boots, but hey you could drop something on your toe and be fine! The inside workers wear pants or culottes but still...bare legs for the girls, not layers of pantyhose in the middle of August.

It's a great costume...shhhhh...don't tell anyone though or they'll make it more fancy and drown all the Canadians in layers of polyester :zipit:

So what you are trying to say is:

Embrace your inner Lumberjack :sohappy:

Legacy

I'm surprised you aren't discussing the rumor from a couple of years ago...

Or is that a "RED" herring... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom