Epcot / Germany River Ride

scottnj1966

I think the whole structure is there. I 've been inside there and there is plenty enough room for the ride. All the infrastructure is there also. All the electrical and audio zones were already in place. In fact, all the electronic equipment is there just not being used.

How could it be there? We already saw the aerial pictures from this year.
Did you see them?

DisneyRoxMySox

Yeah, that's one of about 6 potential expansion pads for WS.

Where are the others?

If you don't mind Lee, could you tell us if they will do anything to block the view from inside the park of the new resorts they are building at Bonnett Creek?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Adventurer
Yep. That'd be them.

If you don't mind Lee, could you tell us if they will do anything to block the view from inside the park of the new resorts they are building at Bonnett Creek?
Not that I've heard of.
I've been told there's not much they can do.

MetFan81

Lee,

If you are standing in Epcot with SE behind you and the American Adventure across the lake in front of you where will the Bonnet Creek hotels be?

Also, I know one will be 15 stories but really how much of an intrusion will this be on Epcot?

Thanks

Lee

Adventurer
Lee,
If you are standing in Epcot with SE behind you and the American Adventure across the lake in front of you where will the Bonnet Creek hotels be?
Also, I know one will be 15 stories but really how much of an intrusion will this be on Epcot?
Thanks

I haven't seen the sight lines myself, but I believe it will be sort of behind Germany from that vantage point.
At 15 stories...I don't forsee too much of an intrusion given the distance involved.

DisneyRoxMySox

I haven't seen the sight lines myself, but I believe it will be sort of behind Germany from that vantage point.
At 15 stories...I don't forsee too much of an intrusion given the distance involved.

That's good to hear. :D
I hope it isn't too bad. What about the Studios? I think that's even further.

I just hope they plant some trees by the AKL. I hated seeing those signs. :hurl: :(

Unplugged

I agree with you on that. I know others will still be concerned, so I did a little Google Earth experiment. I selected a vantage point in Epcot (North end of lagoon looking South-East, then West), where you would have a reasonable line-of-site to Bonnet Creek, and compared the distances from that point to Bonnet's tall resort. Then that point to the Dolphin (opposite direction, but similiar height...I think):

Epcot to a Bonnet Creek Resort: 1.13 Mi. = 5970 Ft.
Est Height for 15 stories: 180 Ft. ?

Epcot to Swan Resort: 0.74 Mi. = 3903 Ft.

As Lee said....shouldn't be much intrusion. Anyone that has a big issue with it, should start by complaining about the Swan & Dolphin first. They are far more obvious than Bonnet will be.

DisneyRoxMySox

I don't complain about the Swan and Dolphin..because they are Disney hotels for one. The second thing is for the most part they loom over the International Gateway.

Hopes for the best. :D

Me neither. World Showcase has always seemed to me like someplace that was intended to be something much better than it is. They desperately need more rides, there's only one decent ride in the entire place.

Spaced Out Dude

Me neither. World Showcase has always seemed to me like someplace that was intended to be something much better than it is. They desperately need more rides, there's only one decent ride in the entire place.

The idea of Mount Fuji in Japan pavillion was a brilliant idea. But because Fujifilm were to sponsor that, & Kodak was already with Disney, Disney did not want to cause brand name dispute.

There was a planned roller-coaster or log-flum for Canada. A Dark ride for England. The Meet the World show from Toyko Disneyland would be in Japan {pavillion}, Disney even built the theater for the show.

And of course Germany's Rhine River Boat ride {which is beeing discussed here; http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=83003}, which show building has also already been built.

All of these ideas were brilliant. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom