Epcot fountain walls are up

Rob562

No offense to anybody's opinion, but...

Seriously, who cares about the stage?

Really?

It's been there longer than many people here have been alive.

The other changes—better lighting, the eventual removal of all the 90s-era clutter, and the upcoming changes to Innoventions are much more important. :D

While I can live with the stage being there, I'd be VERY happy if they removed the back section of it that juts out over the fountain so that they can use ALL of the fountain's perimeter water jets again...

I mean... it even LOOKS like it's designed to be removed...
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=28.373564,-81.549326&spn=0.000701,0.00103&t=k&z=20
I think at some point someone just got lazy and never removed it after a stage show...

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No offense to anybody's opinion, but...

Seriously, who cares about the stage?

Really?

It's been there longer than many people here have been alive.

The other changes—better lighting, the eventual removal of all the 90s-era clutter, and the upcoming changes to Innoventions are much more important. :D
If the stage didn`t block the southern most high launch air balst jets it wouldn`t be so bad.

Still waiting on the clutter removal. 2 years now and we lost the Fountainview canopy and nothing else. Grrr...

tirian

If the stage didn`t block the southern most high launch air balst jets it wouldn`t be so bad.

GASP! I forgot about those. :(

Still waiting on the clutter removal. 2 years now and we lost the Fountainview canopy and nothing else. Grrr...

We gained really ugly, already outdated designs for the new entrances at Innoventions. :lol:

Well...they might match the new paint color better, if the project actually goes through...

EPCOT Explorer

GASP! I forgot about those. :(

We gained really ugly, already outdated designs for the new entrances at Innoventions. :lol:

Well...they might match the new paint color better, if the project actually goes through...
So painting , then? I heard about that a few months ago.:D That's exciting.:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We gained really ugly, already outdated designs for the new entrances at Innoventions.
Dunno - the font may be an aquired taste but the lack of clutter of the towers seems to be better.

HMF

Were' the diamond shapes on the pavement there before the Millenium Celebration? I know people will dislike me for this but I didn't mind the "Clutter" ' but I do think it's time has come. BTW when will Google Earth get rid of the Wand?

WDW1974

I don't know what looks worse ... the fountain behind walls (many of the 'issues' they've had over the years is a direct result of the weight of elephants during the very ill-conceived Epcot Circus Spectacular ... really!) or the landscaping as they've apparently decided to let it all go to hell since they have to start getting ready for Flower Fest soon ... or Illuminations (which was an utter embarrassment this week with so much pyro missing, cheaper product, lesser amounts and things just out of synch).

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know what looks worse ... the fountain behind walls (many of the 'issues' they've had over the years is a direct result of the weight of elephants during the very ill-conceived Epcot Circus Spectacular ... really!) or the landscaping as they've apparently decided to let it all go to hell since they have to start getting ready for Flower Fest soon ... or Illuminations (which was an utter embarrassment this week with so much pyro missing, cheaper product, lesser amounts and things just out of synch).

~Pass the Pixie Dust~
Yuck, yuck and yuck.

How bad was ROE?

WDW1974

It was BY FAR the worst showing I have seen ... and I have seen ROE hundreds of times.

Awful. ... and no pyro shortage BS excuses anyone here ... saw Wishes and it was near perfect.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

EPCOT Explorer

It was BY FAR the worst showing I have seen ... and I have seen ROE hundreds of times.

Awful. ... and no pyro shortage BS excuses anyone here ... saw Wishes and it was near perfect.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

Actually...:lookaroun:lol:....There is an excuse. I think the ROE Shells are still in a deficit because of that mishap over in China. It should be about over though, dunno.

What was missing specifically? Is the Inferno Barge still out?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ahh.. Daredevil Circus. Proof that planning could still be so wrong in the 80`s. So, they didn`t correct the `issues` from the elephant stage in 1993? I was just watching video of the fountain playing Surprise in the Skies from 1995 with all the jets working fully, all the lighting working.... my god. I`d forgotten how good it was. All the jets were a uniform height. The lighting was amazing. The foliage was trimmed. And no canopy behind blocking the SSE view.

HMF; the diamond shapes on the pavement were part of the 1994 works. As was most of the redesign clutter. The canpoies, associated supports, and pin station were added at the start of 1999.

And without starting another thread, what is up with RoE? This show could be so slick with the minimal ammount of work regarding the timings and lasers as discussed elsewhere. It`s been plussed in certain areas, but left to fall apart in others. Well, we know what is up with it, but so long as the day guest goes away (via Mousegear) smiling then nothing is wrong in managements eyes. You know, I`m getting tired of bashing TDO and showing problems in the parks. It`s just too easy nowerdays.

EPCOT Explorer

Ahh.. Daredevil Circus. Proof that planning could still be so wrong in the 80`s. So, they didn`t correct the `issues` from the elephant stage in 1993? I was just watching video of the fountain playing Surprise in the Skies from 1995 with all the jets working fully, all the lighting working.... my god. I`d forgotten how good it was. All the jets were a uniform height. The lighting was amazing. The foliage was trimmed. And no canopy behind blocking the SSE view.

HMF; the diamond shapes on the pavement were part of the 1994 works. As was most of the redesign clutter. The canpoies, associated supports, and pin station were added at the start of 1999.

And without starting another thread, what is up with RoE? This show could be so slick with the minimal ammount of work regarding the timings and lasers as discussed elsewhere. It`s been plussed in certain areas, but left to fall apart in others. Well, we know what is up with it, but so long as the day guest goes away (via Mousegear) smiling then nothing is wrong in managements eyes. You know, I`m getting tired of bashing TDO and showing problems in the parks. It`s just too easy nowerdays.
If you of all people don't know, we REALLY have a problem!:lol::lol::lookaroun:dazzle:

Shame ROE is on the outs. I don't understand...if MK can have Wishes go off without a hitch EVERY night, why not EPCOT and ROE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom