Epcot fountain walls are up

Mikester71

Hate to ask this again in this thread, but anyone know when the walls are coming down? Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere else or if they have already come down, just hoping they are down by the time we arrive there is all (March 14th to 24th). :shrug:

Rob562

Hate to ask this again in this thread, but anyone know when the walls are coming down? Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere else or if they have already come down, just hoping they are down by the time we arrive there is all (March 14th to 24th). :shrug:

As it's not a published ride closure, Disney doesn't really announce when the closure will happen and how long it will take.

So unfortunately the only answer that can safely be given is that "the walls will come down when they're done".

-Rob

raven

Original Poster
Concrete Cutting contractors have been on the other side of the walls nightly for the past month but I still don't know what's going on.

hpyhnt 1000

Concrete Cutting contractors have been on the other side of the walls nightly for the past month but I still don't know what's going on.

Concrete cutting contractors you say? Interesting... most interesting. :lookaroun

I must say the longer this refurb goes, the more hopeful I become...

raven

Original Poster
Concrete Cutting contractors... cutting through concrete... cutting through the stage....? :shrug: Is the stage made of concrete? I've never looked closely.

Actually their work lights at night have been pointing at the fountain, not the stage. :(

Lee

Adventurer
These are kinda poor quality, and about 10 days old, but...

Attachments

• ef1.jpg
    ef1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 88
  • ef2.jpg
    ef2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 83
  • ef3.jpg
    ef3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 87

hpyhnt 1000

Fountain of Nations *p00f*!:ROFLOL:

Hope it's going well...I am kinda scared with all this talk of concrete cutting.:eek:

Por que? I personally thing they might finally be getting down into the inner plumbing and pressure pumps and getting those components back to full working order. :shrug: Like I said, the longer this refurb goes, the more excited I get. :D Its been so over-do its not even funny.

EPCOT Explorer

Por que? I personally thing they might finally be getting down into the inner plumbing and pressure pumps and getting those components back to full working order. :shrug: Like I said, the longer this refurb goes, the more excited I get. :D Its been so over-do its not even funny.

I dunno.:lookaroun:zipit: Cutting just has a negative connotation.:lol:

But I really hope they are doing some major work to the old FoN.:D I would LOVE to see this thing at full potential.

Remeber Martin's post about the original plans!?:lookaroun:eek:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I dunno.:lookaroun:zipit: Cutting just has a negative connotation.:lol:

But I really hope they are doing some major work to the old FoN.:D I would LOVE to see this thing at full potential.

Remeber Martin's post about the original plans!?:lookaroun:eek:

Actually concrete cutting isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's done all the time to access pipes and utilities buried under concrete. Anytime anything under a slab needs to be accessed, instead of ripping up the whole slab, they simply cut a trough to either repair or add new stuff (i.e. plumbing).

EPCOT Explorer

Actually concrete cutting isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's done all the time to access pipes and utilities buried under concrete. Anytime anything under a slab needs to be accessed, instead of ripping up the whole slab, they simply cut a trough to either repair or add new stuff (i.e. plumbing).

Ahhh...Good.Ii like that then.:D;)

Rob562

I wonder if maybe they're a) installing new fountains and effects that they also plan on using in the World of Color show at DCA, or b) they're just laying groundwork now for possible future upgrades to the fountain.

-Rob

CrashNet

I'm going to call two things:

1. They are cutting the concrete to access, repair, or replace existing piping as part of a large refurbishment.
2. Disney has been replacing lighting with LEDs throughout all of the parks over the past year or so. The original lighting is built into the concrete. We might be looking at new LED lighting for the fountain as well. It makes perfect sense...less energy, much longer lifetime, and a wide range of color combinations.

New fountains? Maybe, but I'm not seeing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom