Epcot fountain walls are up

Hummer1676

Marni, where are the videos of the old fountain show? Are they on YouTube?

I remeber the old show and how great it was. I can still remember sitting with my parents as they were at the bar near the fountains.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ My `95 footage (and a whole lot more CCore and Innoventions research) is at Mousebits.com for free, as always.

wickedfan07

If you of all people don't know, we REALLY have a problem!:lol::lol::lookaroun:dazzle:

Shame ROE is on the outs. I don't understand...if MK can have Wishes go off without a hitch EVERY night, why not EPCOT and ROE?

The Magic Kingdom is widely and commonly kown as just "Disney World," and many people don't even realize that Epcot or the Studios are part of the same Resort. (Examples: "I went to Disney World yesterday, and today I am goin to Epcot." OR "Why doesn't my Univseral Studios ticket work at this Studio?") As long as things are peachy at MK, I think management could care less about what goes on at Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. I might be wrong, but I'll say that most people don't think of Spaceship Earth or the Tree of Life (not even going to touch the Hat debate here) when they decide to book a trip to WDW. What they do think of is a big castle at the end of a street where you can watch fireworks at night. Let's face it, the MK and Wishes are basically the headliners of WDW. Epcot and Reflecions of Earth might be nominated in the category of "best actor in a supporting role," but the newer three parks just don't carry the same cultural or nostalgic weight in the public eye that the Magic Kingdom (or Disneyland) does.

You see how managemen has been treating the Magic Kingdom, the FLAGSHIP PARK of the ENTIRE Disney Parks brand, for the last decade, and you expect them to keep on top of the effects in Reflections of Earth? It shouldn't be asking too much, but sadly it is, and it will stay that way until someone with enough charisma (anyone would be better han Jay Rasulo, I think, and I don't usually pick out individual executives) steps into power somewhere and demands a change in attitude.

/rant

And now back to your Fountain of Nations thread...

EPCOT Explorer

The Magic Kingdom is widely and commonly kown as just "Disney World," and many people don't even realize that Epcot or the Studios are part of the same Resort. (Examples: "I went to Disney World yesterday, and today I am goin to Epcot." OR "Why doesn't my Univseral Studios ticket work at this Studio?") As long as things are peachy at MK, I think management could care less about what goes on at Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. I might be wrong, but I'll say that most people don't think of Spaceship Earth or the Tree of Life (not even going to touch the Hat debate here) when they decide to book a trip to WDW. What they do think of is a big castle at the end of a street where you can watch fireworks at night. Let's face it, the MK and Wishes are basically the headliners of WDW. Epcot and Reflecions of Earth might be nominated in the category of "best actor in a supporting role," but the newer three parks just don't carry the same cultural or nostalgic weight in the public eye that the Magic Kingdom (or Disneyland) does.

You see how managemen has been treating the Magic Kingdom, the FLAGSHIP PARK of the ENTIRE Disney Parks brand, for the last decade, and you expect them to keep on top of the effects in Reflections of Earth? It shouldn't be asking too much, but sadly it is, and it will stay that way until someone with enough charisma (anyone would be better han Jay Rasulo, I think, and I don't usually pick out individual executives) steps into power somewhere and demands a change in attitude.

/rant

The shame is...I knew this.:rolleyes::(:(:( I agree though...and wish it were not so.

*misses the old Disney definition of QUALITY*

mikeb1967

Fountain of Nations Area to be re-themed

It's been reported by credible sources the EPCOT's fountain of nations will be re-themed into a child-friendly water play area with a "Finding Nemo" theme...

No, not really! lol. MikeB

hpyhnt 1000

It's been reported by credible sources the EPCOT's fountain of nations will be re-themed into a child-friendly water play area with a "Finding Nemo" theme...

No, not really! lol. MikeB

Please don't give them ideas. :dazzle: All I can say is that the fountain better not be painted a bright sky blue when those walls come down... :lookaroun

tirian

/rant

You've made a great point, but for technicality's sake, I'll add that Epcot is heavily promoted in Europe, and Disney's 2009 campaigns are showing lots of geodesic sphere (Birnbaum Guide cover, for example). Anyone who was alive and conscious during the 1980s definitely equates SSE with WDW. You're absolutely right though: if the company's FLAGSHIP park (the MK) has been allowed to stagnate, and DL itself was allowed to fall apart until 2005, why should people expect the other parks to be maintained?

HMF

HMF; the diamond shapes on the pavement were part of the 1994 works. As was most of the redesign clutter. The canpoies, associated supports, and pin station were added at the start of 1999.
I knew the canopies were added in 99 considering they were dubbed "Millenium Central". However I did not know the diamond shapes were added in 94. How were they able to move guests around in 94 & 99?

Rob562

How long is this referb going to last??

Noone knows, except those on the inside who're working on the project. The fountain isn't an attraction, so its closure isn't on any published refurbishment list like the Space Mountain and Hall of Presidents refurbs are.

So the only real answer anyone can give, unfortunately, is "When it's done".

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom