• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

GlacierGlacier

Why are college students who wish they were 90s kids a key demographic?
Because while they weren't around when these movies released, they were raised on them. VHS releases of the 90s Disney classics were pretty much on loop in mine and many of my friends households.

Not to mention with TV being at least a decade behind in terms of writing young characters, the characters they were watching on TV all were 'Cool 90s kidz' that they emulated.

Not to mention that freshman for this group of college kids were born in 99-00. With a range of four -five years for college, most college students are 95-00.

Growing up with that media imprints that 90s style, and once they're finally old enough to do stuff on their own of course they'd naturally try and emulate it.

Jenny72

Advertisement
Wait, is the new show really about nostalgia? Moana, Coco, Frozen? I don't think it's about nostalgia so much as cramming as many movies in as possible, some old and some new.

There are so much more interesting things to do than playing movie clips and movie music. I mean, just as an example, when we went to SeaWorld, my kids went nuts over a bubble show. Pretty cool stuff with bubbles, and no dancing snowmen in sight. Surely Disney could come up with something more innovative than this, but it's like they have no idea how to appeal to kids except through movie clips. Kids are not actually as boring as that.

lazyboy97o

Because while they weren't around when these movies released, they were raised on them. VHS releases of the 90s Disney classics were pretty much on loop in mine and many of my friends households.

Not to mention with TV being at least a decade behind in terms of writing young characters, the characters they were watching on TV all were 'Cool 90s kidz' that they emulated.

Not to mention that freshman for this group of college kids were born in 99-00. With a range of four -five years for college, most college students are 95-00.

Growing up with that media imprints that 90s style, and once they're finally old enough to do stuff on their own of course they'd naturally try and emulate it.
To answer your question honestly...

College students are hardly a demographic with significant disposable income.

mikejs78

Premium Member
You’d be surprised.
This is true. I'm shocked at how many college kids these days basically have an unlimited expense account from their parents. An presumably by grabbing these college kids now, they'll be the next generation that brings their kids, gets every conceivable upcharge, etc once they start making money. So I see Disney's POV here, even if I disagree with it...

Top Bottom