News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And since every Disney Princess just appeared in a current movie ("Ralph Wrecks the Internet"), they can now be incorporated into Epcot as "modern". I can almost hear Chapek screaming, "SYNERGY, BABY!!!".

SoupBone

This I. P. approach is not looking promising. I had hoped that Illuminations would be replaced with a worthy successor that would inspire and get me in the "feels". I'm not seeing the need to put forth yet another Disney I.P. promotional effort. There is enough of that in the parks already.

Disney needs to innovate and transcend, not rehash and re-market. We've seen that show many times in many different incarnations.
If this is all they've got or care about then it is beyond sad. Please, NO more promotional commercials in place of real entertainment.

I felt like I was watching a re-imagined Fantasmic.

And if this sneak peek is off the mark then Disney marketing needs to get their act together and provide better, more accurate communication or stay silent.

And to think how great Disney used to be... and to see what it is becoming now, is almost unbearable.

~NM

Exactly, except worse. What a steaming pile of IP crap that preview was. What happened to the Imagineers of old? Are they being stifled? This show will be hot garbage.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
And since every Disney Princess just appeared in a current movie ("Ralph Wrecks the Internet"), they can now be incorporated into Epcot as "modern". I can almost hear Chapek screaming, "SYNERGY, BABY!!!".

Just a matter of time before we see the princesses walking around the park in their RBtI "comfey" clothes... (think of how much money entertainment will save on costumes) ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just a matter of time before we see the princesses walking around the park in their RBtI "comfey" clothes... (think of how much money entertainment will save on costumes) ;)

And how much they can make from John and Jane Q. Parkgoer buying those "comfy Princess clothes" for their own little Princess(es).

eliza61nyc

So? Doesn't mean a CEO can't order Imagineering to come up with the best experiences possible instead of telling them to only copy the work of others.

true but it does explain it. It's a very common complaint between many research and development sides and the business side. lol at my company we want to develop new product, new solutions. the bean counters want us to repackage what we have and brand it as version 3.0.
cheaper, faster and bigger margins.
Sad but true.

eliza61nyc

And how much they can make from John and Jane Q. Parkgoer buying those "comfy Princess clothes" for their own little Princess(es).
You got that right. John and Jane Parkgoer have grandma and grandpa park goer who are willing to drop a ton of disposable income on said prince or princess.

Case in point, we did this last year courtesy of my brother for his grand daughter. I thought he lost his damn mind!! but they thought baby girl would love it. So it was me, my sister in law and 3 young ladies. 1000 bucks for tea with sleeping beauty, room was packed and there was a wait list.

DSC_0182.JPG
DSC_0181.JPG

never underestimate how much folks will drop for their kids.

CinematicFusion

Okay I can see that if you guys are analyzing those stills, then the video of the new show obviously hasn’t been released. Thankfully I did a terrible recording of it for you all to analyze the crap out of. You can thank me later 😉

Families are going to love it...I mean they are really going to love it. Disney has a lot of canvas to work with in World Showcase Lagoon, show needs to look and feel grand and not get lost in the Lagoon.
My opinion, for the majority of the crowd... It's going to great.

I'm sure those who love the original Illuminations that ran from 1998-2018 will be disappointed.
See what the final product is in 2020.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I wonder how they reacted after. You know they heard people booing. Man, this is one topic I just can't move on from. I admit I'm not a change guy when it comes to Disney. But they had an opportunity to do something great with this show replacement and instead chose the easy out with a steaming pile of IP crap.
Yeah...sadly, that seems to be their M.O. Reduce creativity, and insert IP. Wash, rinse, repeat.

RSoxNo1

You can have actual health screenings. An infrared picture of you. An eyesight test. Some blood collection. EEGs, EKGs, MRIs. Imagine being able to tell people that your serious illness was diagnosed by Baymax at Epcot!!
I also maintain that Wakanda Outreach facilities could also work. While not definitively stated, I'm guessing all non-Black Panther/T'Challa characters in Black Panther are fare game for Disney to use.

No Name

If the 2020 show uses IP appropriately to inspire children to travel then I won't complain. It could very well be more effective for a certain age group than a show without IP would be. Mulan sharing her excitement of great things about China would hold appeal for a wide audience. But if the show just uses the typical movie highlight reel format with the excuse that the characters are from places around the world, then that will not suffice.

I'm still waiting for a nighttime show that exhibits any form of storytelling. Foreign concept, I know. The Tree of Life Awakenings are the closest thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom