News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
And this is how it ends...

EPCOT forever a nicer name to farewell EPCOT

Its strange to see that they are kind of making a MagicKingdomShowcase and at the same time making it a "Drunk-adult-park" how much time does it needs to see some slot machines and a IP centric parade on Word Showcase?
A "Drink Around The World" firework show would at least be more fitting to Epcot than what we are actually getting as a replacement to RoE

mikejs78

Premium Member
Same. And I'm part of that demographic!

Though I consider myself a bit justified because my parents have a family business I have to work under to make money. So I'm just part of the nostalgia group, not the "free money from parents" group. But even with that nostalgia group on my side, I still don't believe it's right to do all of this to Epcot. But I know of many many many others who just don't care and want more characters. So. Meh.
I make a big distinction on those who get an unlimited expense account and those who work for their money.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
In all fairness, you are not exactly a demographic that Disney is putting any major emphasis on, in terms of college age kids. You said that you traveled to WDW several times this year with friends.

Judging by the timeline of WDW vacations you have displayed, you stayed on WDW property for one trip (April-Pop Century) out of the three tips you mentioned. Each trip was with one or more friends so its safe to say you split the cost of the room on each trip with one or more people. Pop Century in April averages about $175 per night for rack rate (no discount). That would be appx $90 per night if you split it with one other friend. The other two trips, you stayed off site and again, split the cost of room w/ friends. That would put you in a demographic of college age people who stay offsite a majority of their trips and are not dropping any major coin for the one time you decided to stay on site. Not exactly a demographic I think Disney is putting any major emphasis on in terms of advertising dollars and far from college age kids with "unlimited spending accounts" from mom and dad.

And please take no offense to my post. I think it is great you are able to travel to WDW several times a year w/ friends. That is seriously awesome. I am simply discussing the aspect of who(m) Disney may be deciding to allocate advertising dollars to.

No trust me, I completely understand what you're saying. Makes perfect sense!

I do have to say though, I didn't split the cost with any friends. I bought everyone's tickets, and purchased all of the hotel reservations. How so? I work for my dad... Labor work (building sets, making costumes, ect.) and he pays top dollar. Because. Dad. I could definitely see how college students would normally plan trips the way you described though. That makes sense. But it's honestly hard to convince someone to spend so much money to go to Disney if they've never been! Hence, I take great pride in becoming their "free magical tour guide" as long as they buy their food.

It's a TERRIBLE habit. But it brings joy in my life so. Meh.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I get that Chapek wants more IP in the parks, but what's infuriating about the 2020 show is that most guests don't give a crap about the contents of the fireworks shows. Most people just like to see something go "boom". If they really want a new fireworks show in EPCOT, they should just throw a bunch of new tech into EPCOT Forever and make it the permenant new show.

Promise just came on in my music playlist and it just got me thinking about what a shame this whole situation really is. They should just update RoE, because it really isn't a bad show.
Maybe Epcot Forever will shock Epcot Management on how popular it is and keep that, or convert it to the new tech?

Cmdr_Crimson

Kites? Skiers?......Skyleidoscope 2?
088e3fefd5333e482dac6c330bfe1d61.jpg

trainplane3

4 minutes into the Facebook Live video of Illuminations they showed a small preview of Epcot Forever with some concept art and footage of the kites:

The main entrance theme, Living with the Land, and Celebrate the future were in there among snippets of others. One little spark and Making Memories were confirmed already (and apparently Kitchen Karbaret and Soarin' too since they appear in the video). I thought Tomorrow's Child was confirmed as well.

Now we're just waiting on Horizons...

I like the synthy, old Lazerphonic Symphony style it seemed to have too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom