Energy Refurb May 1-14

CoffeeJedi

timoteo said:
Political? I did not mention a political party, or person, or issue, or significant date, or government,. I see how you might of thought I alluded to Hall of Presidents. It is a politcal attraction I guess. We shouldn't allude to it you are right. Thanks for reminding I wont allude to that so called Political attraction again.
I think he's referring to the fact that you mentioned that Exxon can't be trusted to educate about energy. I hardly call that political though, everyone knows big-oil is corrupt. Personally, if the attraction gets redone again, i'd like a new sponser who doesn't have such a glaring conflict-of-interest.

T-1MILLION

I also kind of agree and disagree, but mostly agree.:lol:
If Disney wants to go towards a new style with Epcot...fine
But that should not change the quality format, that Disney has kept alive in their parks. As long as the quality of the new and old attractions continue.
I am a happy Disney fan!:wave:

-Preston

timoteo

CoffeeJedi said:
I think he's referring to the fact that you mentioned that Exxon can't be trusted to educate about energy. I hardly call that political though, everyone knows big-oil is corrupt. Personally, if the attraction gets redone again, i'd like a new sponser who doesn't have such a glaring conflict-of-interest.

You think? I like to think people are smarter than that..but...if that's the case.... well...Sponsors are great but I'll bet Ellen regrets signing that agreement to use her likeness by now. You do not want to be aligned with Exxon. Disney yes. But the oil companies are just not the ones to be sponsoring an educational EPCOT attraction on Energy in 2006. You got to get a company with new energy ideas please. It is the duty of EPCOT. click heels together and salute with head slightly raised.. I firmly believe this and EPCOT's pledge.

Main Street USA

Pirate665 said:
But, you see, it's not generally true. You generalization is uninformed and based off what you see on TV. Don't believe everything you read or see. Do the fact finding yourself.

First of all, don't tell me to go "fact finding." There are no "facts" out there about this subject. I'm not uninformed either. I base NOTHING on what I see on TV. How old do you think I am? Geez. I'm 28. I was a teenager last week, and as far as I'm concerned, I still act like I'm about 11, except for the fact that I can appreciate slow moving quality, which UoE (EEA) still is.

I also don't base anything on the crowd over at Universal. Although, since you brought it up, you've proved my point that it's generally true that teens are just looking for the cheap thrill. Why is Universal packed with teens? Why is it a teen hangout over at IOA? While we're at it, why are all Six Flags parks in the country packed with teens and not families? Exactly. If you're a teenager and your favorite place is Disney, then you're not normal, and in fact, you're in a VERY small percentage of teenagers.

Of course you're going to find a lot of teenage Disney fans on this site, and maybe you even have some friends who prefer Disney, but it's FAR from the norm, which makes my genralization true.

Look, I like WDW, you like WDW. Thankfully, disagreements like this don't matter. Unless a natural disaster occurs (knock on wood) WDW will be there for us both to enjoy peacefully for many years to come.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
T-1MILLION said:
As long as the quality of the new and old attractions continue.

Bingo! That`s my gripe - they havn`t, with the exception perhaps of EE.

My opinion, of course. Just mine.

TheBeatles

Its only a carpet and screen/projector(?) rehab. Its nice to have these things done, but only having those two things redone doesn't sound like refurbs that will keep UoE here for 10 more years. Of course, I could be wrong.

Oddly enough, I love UoE. Its so corny. The reveal of the dinosuars is amazing every time I ride it.

askmike1

Why is it that Mouseplanet is the only source reporting this rehab? Are they that far ahead of the rest of the sites?
There is nothing major about this rehab, just a carpet and a few screens being replaced. This thread went on a tangent a long ways back.

Geez. I'm 28. I was a teenager last week, and as far as I'm concerned, I still act like I'm about 11, except for the fact that I can appreciate slow moving quality, which UoE (EEA) still is.
First off, eleven is not a teenager. Are you basing your opinion off of tweens (<13) or teens (13-19)?

Of course you're going to find a lot of teenage Disney fans on this site, and maybe you even have some friends who prefer Disney, but it's FAR from the norm, which makes my genralization true.
Liking Disney is definitely not far from the norm. Unless you are a teenager (13-19) and are with other teenagers constantly (such as in school), your opinion is biased. I'd go out to say that most kids like Disney World better than any other theme park. You might bring up six flags here. Well of course teens go to six flags much more often than WDW, it's closer & cheaper. But being in school, I find it safe to say that most teens prefer Disney much more than you give them credit for.

BTMRR has plot, Space Mountain too. Not as perfect as others but there are storylines there (granted Space is just a space ride but you have a launch to a space station, Mission Control give you a main launch command, off you go for a quick trip then you re enter teh atmosphere to land)

BTMRR? The Thunder Messa story (original version) - Old mine. Closed down due to natural disasters. Reopened for tourists after locals saw potential in ore carts being used as transportation. The natural disasters are back - Tumbleweed in flash flood, geysers errupting, earthquake. The mountain is roaring (hence the name) due to it`s gold being removed.
Okay, and maybe if more than 5 people knew that story I'd agree with you. For all intents and purposes, BTMRR & SM do not have stories. You can stretch as much as you like, but they don't. Very much like Pirates of the Caribbean (before the refurb), stories just aren't there.

-Michael

CoffeeJedi

askmike1 said:
Okay, and maybe if more than 5 people knew that story I'd agree with you. For all intents and purposes, BTMRR & SM do not have stories. You can stretch as much as you like, but they don't. Very much like Pirates of the Caribbean (before the refurb), stories just aren't there.
actually, all those attractions have stories, what they don't really have are <i>plots</i>

SirGoofy

Main Street USA said:
it's funny how nearly all the teenagers hate this ride and call it a snooze fest, or say it's too long, and most of the adults say they enjoy it.

Chalk that stat up to the fact that the kiddies (yeah, i called you kiddies) these days have never learned patience and/or how to appreciate something that doesn't have any of their "excitement."

Energy has always had a great educational and entertainment value. .00001% chance of teenagers appreciating anything with educational value.

Hey, I resent that. I'm a "kiddie" who happens to enjoy UoE a whole heckuva lot. Great, long ride with some great show scenes, and the movies are some of the best on the property. I always found it to be the perfect edutainment ride along with SSE.

Magicot

Well I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm hoping that one of these days we'll see the return of many of the dinosaur diorama's special effects. This includes the musky swamp and smokey volcano smells, the teetering rocks, and more use of the floor-covering fog. I know the chances of these things returning is slim, but it would add so much to the realism if they did infact come back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was thinking about these last night.... in kind of story order

The fog that hid the floor as you enter

The Quicker diorama dawn > sunrise > day > sunset > storm lighting

The lightning strikes on the diorama in sync with theatre strobe lighting

Wind machines

All the smelterizers reinstalled and working (Eau de Swamp, Damp Earth, Bouquet of Volcano) - these were removed in 96...

Brontosaurus pond fog bank

Brontosuaurus area rain

Elasmosaurus wave machine

Diorama heating

Lava steam jets

Bubbling lava pool

Lava streams

Errupting lava from volcano

Volcano / diorama exit fog bank

Though in a climate where Animatronic movement is purposley restricted or deactivated to save wear and tear on clothing I doubt these will return anytime soon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There has been gossip for a while of the pavilion to be next on the list for attention after `Life - or more ominously at the same time as `Life.

Plus the building infrastructure has been in need of quite a bit of work for a while now, and it just keeps getting patched up instead of fixed. I guess thread drifts are a way of life at the moment.

I hope it`s a nice carpet....

Vernonpush

gjpjtj said:
Why is it that Mouseplanet is the only source reporting this rehab? Are they that far ahead of the rest of the sites?
It seems that Mouseplanet is ahead of the Disney calendars which do not mention Energy being down for 2 weeks in May. And 2 weeks for carpeting and screens seems kind of long.

Main Street USA

Hey, I resent that. I'm a "kiddie" who happens to enjoy UoE a whole heckuva lot. Great, long ride with some great show scenes, and the movies are some of the best on the property. I always found it to be the perfect edutainment ride along with SSE.

Good for you!

SirGoofy, read the rest of the thread, and you'll see that what you quoted me on here was not the last thing I said, nor should you be offended in any way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom