News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

UNCgolf

Avengers Campus. I would consider Mission Breakout an E Ticket.

It existed before Avengers Campus, though. The only ride they built for Avengers Campus is the awful web one.

I feel the same about Toy Story Mania at DHS -- it's really grading on a curve to give them credit for grandfathering in something that already existed.

Last edited:

J4546

still an e ticket. WHen the other 2 rides open, there will be 2 e tickets, 1 mid tier, and whatever the fight lab is gonna be

Schmidt

Yes. Same with ITTBAB to Zootopia. And seemingly Muppetvision to Monsters. And even RoA/TSI to Cars.

They literally are investing billions of dollars in WDW in the next few years and getting marginal gains to capacity. It’s insane.
I feel like they will add a third attraction at some point, but I think this is a great start. The addition of EnCanto is more than a marginal improvement to Animal Kingdom's capacity. Even if you add the boneyard , triceratops spin and primeval world, I would say Encanto has the potential to dwarf the capacity of those 3 carnival “rides” put together, especially if this ride system of Encanto is an Omnimover as suggested. Either way. The rides you mention have poor capacity and are A ticket rides. Seems like a odd comparison

Ice Gator

Sorry if this has been asked before, I haven’t read the whole thread. What are all the overhead wires going through the village? Are they just electrical wires for themeing or are things going to be floating around on them?
I believe it’s part of the theming since they seem to be concentrated in the “village” section of the land, but I could be wrong.

They seem to be going back to AK’s roots and developing a culturally accurate environment that bleed into the two main attractions- I love how of each of the carousel horses will be wood carved sculptures of Disney animal characters.

flyerjab

This post will be focused primarily on rides, seeing as how many people don’t care so much about the animal trails (I am not one of those people).

I still think that the Lion King boat/dark ride will be made for the Harambe area. Once Tropical Americas is completed, there will be 3 rides and the Nemo theater. Pandora has 2 attractions and Anandapur has 2 attractions and the bird show. Harambe has the huge safari ride and the Lion King show. But in terms of rides it has one, and if this park offers enough to have it open till nighttime again, this ride course early. Simply put, you can tell that Pandora and Tropical Americas are made to stay open late. Ditto the Anandapur and Serka Zong sections of Asia. To balance the lands out better, Harambe simply needs at least one more attraction. Logically I would argue each land should have 3 attractions minimum with an incredible nighttime show to keep DAK competitive. But this is modern Disney, so baby steps.

I am still confident that the Lion King ride eventually gets made. Disney is “expanding” their parks by reimagining areas that don’t consistently attract guests and/or deliver on merch sales. They are trying to maximize what they have before truly embracing expansion. Adding at least one big indoor attraction to Harambe accomplished this (I think they should add another to Pandora as well). It will make each land a destination during the night hours, keeping people entertained leading up to a new night time show. Time will tell.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is Savage Land at all represented in Islands of Adventure's Marvel land?

I'm not familiar with it at all, but if it keeps dinosaurs in Animal Kingdom, I'm all for it.

The contract between Marvel and Universal seems to only protect characters, not environments. That's why some people thought Disney could do a Wakanda Land as long as they didn't use the key characters.

BlakeW39

Then Disney has almost never built a land ever with 2 traditional E tickets (unless you fudge the numbers with their technical definition of an "e-ticket")

Exactly. And now we come full circle to my original point.

It's cool and all that everyone gets excited or whatever, but yall should honestly keep your expectations in check. Everytime some new announcements come around, everyone here has to shove their fingers in their ears and act like we haven't been through this before.

It's definitely possible that Encanto is an E-ticket, but that would also go against what we know Disney usually does. Assuming it's gonna be this world class E-ticket on the level of Mystic Manor is just silly. Not because it can't happen but because in situations similar to this, it consistently doesn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom