News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

Also you are not going to tell me that Primeval Whirl had the same capacity as this huge looking Encanto Dark Ride or the carousel.
Primeval whirl was 900 per hour
Winnie the Pooh at MK is 850.
So depends on the ride system.

Bugs rarely fills shows anymore
It will be interesting how zootopia does in comparison. It’s a newer IP and with a sequel coming out it’s certainly more fresh but it’s still a “3d show in the tree” - Will guests see it as something new?
I think they just want to focus right now in making the current stuff the best version it can be then working on expanding the parks.
They want to advertise new attractions and new IP without increasing the operations expenses. The problem is, that doesn’t grow capacity for the park so it doesn’t solve some pretty big issues.

BlakeW39

I'd be pretty surprised if Encanto ended up being an E-ticket. Not saying it won't be, but Disney is definitely not known for building theme park lands with two E-ticket attractions.

I would assume it's a D-ticket just based on Disney's track record.

AidenRodriguez731

Have a feeling 2026 could see a Nemo show replacement? Otherwise there will be about two years of dinoland closing with nothing new to draw visitors to DAK (aside from ZOOTOPIA next winter.)
An UP show could work well there if Disney wanted to invest into extending Tropical Americas. Or maybe we get a bit of a wild card with a Emperors New Groove show. That would make some of the diehards pretty happy.

Quietmouse

I still feel like beastly kingdom isn’t completely dead.

I just get the sense that there are only so many animal/alien theme you can do before they run out.

A magical creature land with unicorns and dragons would be a hit with the age demographic Disney caters to.

BlakeW39

Toy Story Land has two e tickets. Granted one of them was already there but this is kind of the same situation. Indy is already there in the form of dinosaur.

????

Toy Story Land has zero E-tickets. It has two D-tickets, one of which existed before TSL.

Indy does not already exist in the form of Dinosaur. TSMM already existed and merely continued to exist after TSL. Indy will be a new attraction that opens with the Tropical Americas land, utilizing the infrastructure of Dinosaur, which will cease existing once they begin Indy's construction.

Disney's formula for a new land at this point includes one E-ticket. If that. The new DAK land may be an exception to that rule, seeing as Indy is just a retheme, BUT Indy seems to be a pretty large scale retheme and I wouldn't bet on Encanto being an E-ticket too. Might be, but I'd temper your expectations if you're excited about it.

Gusey

Not sure how well an Up should would be. The Up bird show was pretty much an Up show with a few birds in between and it wasn't great - one of the few times Disney ended up replacing IP with no IP

cjkeating

I'm guessing that Encanto is an E ticket, that show building is massive.
Is it? Based on the model I don't think the show building actually takes up that much space when you try and work out the scale on Google Maps?

Has there been any word on the Nemo show? Surely it doesn't fit in Tropical Americas, and Up could make for a really great show. They already have the Kevin costume.
Nemo has always exists in it's only place in-between Asia and Dinoland (even though it appears on the map legend as Dinoland) so i don't see any reason why it would change? It was only recently updated after COVID.

I suspect the Encanto attraction will be an E ticket dark ride a notch or two below Rise level of show.
I would temper your expectations... Indy is the lands E-ticket. This will be a family friendly C/D.

bwr827

I'd be pretty surprised if Encanto ended up being an E-ticket. Not saying it won't be, but Disney is definitely not known for building theme park lands with two E-ticket attractions.

I would assume it's a D-ticket just based on Disney's track record.
A re-skin of Dinosaur doesn’t seem like a capital E ticket. I think we should be able to expect Encanto to be E-worthy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To return to a topic that we started discussing but faded away...

What are insiders' thoughts on the scale of the Encanto attraction?
Insiders have been saying that the ride vehicle mechanic has been changed from plans just a few months ago from a boat ride to maybe an omni or a trackless. And so, they're unsure what Disney is doing.

So, they won't be able to answer that question unless one pipes up with new, hard info.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
it’s still a “3d show in the tree” - Will guests see it as something new?

Not only that, but it's a bit hidden away. The entrance sign is easy to miss when you are walking by, you really can't see the queue of people waiting for the attraction to indicate that there is something there worth seeing (not that there typically is a queue), and when you look at the tree, there's really no indication that there's an attraction under there. Even if the attraction was something amazing, it would still likely get overlooked just based on its location.

Bocabear

A re-skin of Dinosaur doesn’t seem like a capital E ticket. I think we should be able to expect Encanto to be E-worthy.
The other iterations of Indy with this ride system are all pretty great...and now with a completely new story to tell...newer technology to work with as far visuals... I am hoping they do something amazing with it and keep the Tiana's team far away from the project!

KDM31091

I’ve never seen a show that wasn’t packed, which I admit is completely anecdotal. Maybe it’s always crowded during the hottest hours of the day 🤔
It's definitely still popular. Whether you have seen the movie or not, you can still easily understand the show. To me, it isn't broken, why fix it?

The things that scare young children i.e. loud noises, effects, darkness, will likely still exist in the new one, anyway.

999th Happy Haunt

Dinoland has officially fallen into the "screw you and your full priced ticket; we're removing it so we don't care" stage. Some of the signs look atrocious and at least two are visibly falling apart.

Large images under a spoiler tag so you can see how bad they look:

Here's what they're SUPPOSED to look like:

I know my phone camera isn't the best quality, but I hope the point gets across, the difference is very visible in person. Note that the cart has lost all of its flying shopping dinos. If you told me the current images were from some abandoned, actual Route 66 roadside attraction I would believe you.

The pin truck sign has been broken for weeks, the entrance sign is crumbling and Cementosaurus has a black crack on his neck;

Why does everything need to end on a sad note, limping to the finish line? Rama's already lost half of the stuff it used to have (the photo booth seems to be broken, too) and it relies heavily on that signage, that's most of its' theming! And we're not talking about complex animatronics here, most of this is fixed with paint.
The Chester and Hester signs actually look more authentic now haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom