News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As a sidebar, I do think it's pretty funny that modern Disney can't even build a carousel without cramming IP into it.
Would my kid get excited to ride a carousel at Disney if the seats were all just standard carousel horses? Meh... maybe? Would my kid get excited to ride a carousel at Disney if they had the chance to ride on some of their favorite Disney characters? Heck yeah! Probably to the point that they would want to ride multiple times just to get all the characters that they like...

Ghost93

I am sure my view is going to be quite niche on here but when I think of which of the three rides in Tropical America's is the "most DAK" then I think it's going to be the carousel...

I know it's a bit meta [which is a failing of Dinorama in connecting with guests] but 'local tradesman builds knock off Disney IP carousel for his towns people' is literally the most DAK it can get. How many of these things do you think Joe Rohde and co saw on their research travels? It is far more authentic to DAK than a magical house.
The Carousel feels VERY DAK, but not very "Tropical Americas." I think it would be more fitting in the center of the park or near the entrance, not as one of the themed lands.

DisneyHead123

I am sure my view is going to be quite niche on here but when I think of which of the three rides in Tropical America's is the "most DAK" then I think it's going to be the carousel...

I know it's a bit meta [which is a failing of Dinorama in connecting with guests] but 'local tradesman builds knock off Disney IP carousel for his towns people' is literally the most DAK it can get. How many of these things do you think Joe Rohde and co saw on their research travels? It is far more authentic to DAK than a magical house.

I see your rationale, but I’m pretty sure the characters will look perfect and polished. They will not have a handmade look and feature airbrushed pictures of Disney characters hanging with Looney Tunes characters, the way an actual carousel made in a small town or village might.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m pretty sure the characters will look perfect and polished. They will not have a handmade look
They are going to look like this -
FD198FE9-A8B6-4580-BB00-48FF87BC185A.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

Would my kid get excited to ride a carousel at Disney if the seats were all just standard carousel horses? Meh... maybe? Would my kid get excited to ride a carousel at Disney if they had the chance to ride on some of their favorite Disney characters? Heck yeah!
You’ll be able to test that out in 2027. Magic Kingdom vs. DAK.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
You’ll be able to test that out in 2027. Magic Kingdom vs. DAK.

I mean, I sorta tested it this summer with our Ohio trip... the carousel at Kings Island? Traditional horses... kids had no interest in riding... the carousel at the Cincinnati Zoo (which we went to the next day)? Every seat a unique zoo animal... kids insisted on riding twice...

TrainsOfDisney

I mean, I sorta tested it this summer with our Ohio trip... the carousel at Kings Island? Traditional horses... kids had no interest in riding... the carousel at the Cincinnati Zoo (which we went to the next day)? Every seat a unique zoo animal... kids insisted on riding twice...
I think I’m a little confused - nobody is saying there shouldn’t be a variety of animals on the DAK carousel?

I also don’t think we need to replace the horses on King Arthur’s Carousel either.

gorillaball

Do you mean Silver Dollar City? Cause they are a great example of what a theme park can be - and you can still see portions of the Osbourne Lights there!
Silver Dollar City is nice, I go every year. Silver Dollar City should not be compared to Disney under any wild scenario of any form. If that’s what Disney would be without IP then give me IP on every bench or sidewalk or curb.

The point is an attraction is not good or bad because it does or doesn’t have IP. We should all know that by now.

Quietmouse

silver dollar city is a slightly upgraded dolly wood and that’s not saying much.

To compare silver dollar city, to Disney world is like comparing dollar tree to Costco.

Quietmouse

They are both owned by Herschend - a family owned entertainment company. I’m not sure what you don’t like about the Herschend Parks or Holiday World?

I think they they are definitely in a tier or their own, above six flags , cedar fair / point - I would say they are most comparable to knotts.

But to compare them to Disney is insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom