News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
@Drew the Disney Dude did say boat ride during the presentation so I think there was some confusion on that.
This is my fault for making an assumption based off the concept art. I made an assumption in the moment and I was wrong. The art does look like a boat ride, but it's not. A trackless ride would make sense with how the Casita could move us around. My apologies for the incorrect reporting.

spectromagic04

My guess is that Dinosaur will stay open at least through 2025 along with restaurantasaurus and maybe boneyard while the carnival area closes. So they will “only” lose 1 low capacity ride and some carnival games plus the theater show. Zootopia opens end of 2025. Dinosaur to Indy should “only” take 18 months so could close early 2026 after the holiday season and after Zootopia is back. If it’s ready Encanto and area could open before Indy (similar to FLE where Mine Train was later or SWGE where RoTR came later).
Not sure about boneyard but both Dinosaur and restaurantosaurus are surviving the 1st phase of closings. I’m guessing Dinobites stand connected to Resto and Trilobites also survive.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I'm really hoping Dinosaur stays open till at least September 2025. I'm going back most likely in July for the first time since 2017, and Dinosaur is very close to my favorite ride (at least it was back then).

Grantwil93

Let’s hope it doesn’t take decades more to get to the 5th full land (no Rafiki doesn’t count) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I 100% agree that Tropical Americas looks like it will be so much more cohesive with the rest of the park. Lion King ride makes sooooo much sense. Each land would have 2 main rides with most having a show or smaller attractions sprinkled in.
I think the lion king ride will be a Tron situation where it'll be completed in Paris first and then announced to start building following the completion of the Tropical America's area. Unless ppl hate the ride or something.

Just shift the crews and utilize the new construction trailer park/staging they are building behind Asia

Grantwil93

This is my fault for making an assumption based off the concept art. I made an assumption in the moment and I was wrong. The art does look like a boat ride, but it's not. A trackless ride would make sense with how the Casita could move us around. My apologies for the incorrect reporting.
No big deal! Right now, I'm leaning omnimover over trackless. Though the art kinda reminds me of Figment more than something like spaceship earth. Given the model and what has been said about the ride, they might go omni over trackless to avoid needing elevators to change elevation.

lazyboy97o

Just shift the crews and utilize the new construction trailer park/staging they are building behind Asia
The crews don’t work for Disney. They work for the contractor and subcontractors which are hired on a per project basis. Even if it was the same contractors, the people who do things like finish paint aren’t the same ones doing site prep work.

No big deal! Right now, I'm leaning omnimover over trackless. Though the art kinda reminds me of Figment more than something like spaceship earth. Given the model and what has been said about the ride, they might go omni over trackless to avoid needing elevators to change elevation.
If the omnimover isn’t a new iteration of the system which can slot cars out in a spur for ADA and slower loading guests, then slot back into the chain, then what’s the point?

UNCgolf

The crews don’t work for Disney. They work for the contractor and subcontractors which are hired on a per project basis. Even if it was the same contractors, the people who do things like finish paint aren’t the same ones doing site prep work.

This is crazy talk.

When you hire someone to paint your house, they do the plumbing and electrical work too.

RSoxNo1

Ultimately, when you have a park like Disney's Animal Kingdom, you will have to create more things out of whole cloth in order to tie those new attractions back to the themes of the park. Since that's a non-starter for today's Disney company, you need to pick the stories and the parts of those stories that work. For me personally, there are story treatments for Encanto and Indy that seem to work.

If Coco is a Oaxacan carousel with the Coco name attached, I'll take that too. That's a tie back to real world culture and their stylistic interpretation of animals that has already been represented in the architecture of the park.
Looks like I wasn't far off.

I love the story treatments for Indy and Encanto. The Critter Carousel is a bit of a stretch, but the art direction is 100% appropriate. This isn't Jessie's Critter Carousel, this is a carousel of Disney characters done in a way that evokes Alebrijes. They could have put this carousel in Discovery Island instead of Tropical Americas, but whatever.

KDM31091

Not sure about boneyard but both Dinosaur and restaurantosaurus are surviving the 1st phase of closings. I’m guessing Dinobites stand connected to Resto and Trilobites also survive.
Makes sense. Dinosaur being the biggest draw it makes sense to keep it open the longest (of course I wish it weren't closing at all, but here we are). The Restaurantasarous is a solid "standard" QS with "normal" amidst the more exotic options in AK food so again makes sense to keep it open. Trilobites is almost outside of the land anyway, so I don't see why it needs to close at all -- if anything I'd figure they just rename it, switch out the sign, and keep it as is, essentially.

TrainsOfDisney

Out of everything announced for WDW - Encanto and the parade are the only things I genuinely want to experience.

I do think the carousel will be nice as well - fits the mood and the theme and is a good all-ages attraction.

I don’t think Indiana Jones is a natural addition to Encanto - so I’d just plus up dinosaur and the area and make it separate if it was me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom