News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

lazyboy97o

Smoke seems to indicate omni? It's difficult to get a straight answer out of anyone, which is odd because their design work has to be done or close to it to be breaking ground in the coming weeks.
Disney often makes use of aspects of fast-track project delivery which overlaps construction with the design phases. There’s all sorts of work that can be done without design work being complete.

Brer Panther

The presentation was very clear and direct in how it addressed the criticism about IJ and Encanto not fitting DAK. They went out of the way to mention the animal aspects for the rides.
It's been said that the attraction will take place on the day Antonio got his power - that's it. That doesn't automatically mean the whole attraction will focus on animals. Fifty-percent chance Antonio and his animals will only be the focus of the finale and the majority of the ride will focus on the other characters and their rooms. I'd be shocked if they didn't shoehorn in any of the songs from the movie. Does Antonio have a song? Is it as popular as "We Don't Talk About Bruno"?
Place your bets now, will these animals be actual animatronics or limited motion 'Wobble back and forth' figures, ala Bayou Adventure?
View attachment 808372
I bet the latter.

ednamodedarling

Is it possible this is some kind of new hybrid system? That begins dry and is able to dip into a body of water as well? I literally have no idea if this is possible. Just curious if that’s why some have heard omnimover & some have heard boat ride. Maybe it’s both? lol pie in the sky but like??

Winter

It's been said that the attraction will take place on the day Antonio got his power - that's it. That doesn't automatically mean the whole attraction will focus on animals. Fifty-percent chance Antonio and his animals will only be the focus of the finale and the majority of the ride will focus on the other characters and their rooms. I'd be shocked if they didn't shoehorn in any of the songs from the movie. Does Antonio have a song? Is it as popular as "We Don't Talk About Bruno"?

I bet the latter.
His only lines in all of the movie's songs are "That's Bruno" and "I think it's everyone in town!" during the very last song, so he doesn't exactly have much singing to use from the movie to say the least.

lazyboy97o

Is it possible this is some kind of new hybrid system? That begins dry and is able to dip into a body of water as well? I literally have no idea if this is possible. Just curious if that’s why some have heard omnimover & some have heard boat ride. Maybe it’s both? lol pie in the sky but like??
Hybrid attractions that go in and out of water already exist. Mack’ Tow Boat Ride is even available with continuous loading. An actual omnimover, which is more than just continuous loading, doesn’t really make sense as something to drag into water.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I tried to figure out approximately how large the Encanto show building is.

tropical-americas-1.jpg

A = Carousel
B = Restaurant (previously Restaurantosaurus)
C = Fountain
D = Indiana Jones entrance
E = Shops (previously Chester & Hester's)
F = Encanto entrance
G = Encanto extended queue ?

The building is cut off on the left side of the model, but the top has a short green wall on the roof, so I assume that this is actually the end of the building. This is about in line and parallel to where the Dinosaur show building starts.

The white area on the map below is where the Encanto show building would go as seen on the model. This is almost 1.75 acres and that is about the same size as the Dinosaur show building. On the top there are some backstage buildings in the way, but on the left side it lines up nicely with a parking lot.

tropical-americas-2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom