News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

JohnD

I tried to figure out approximately how large the Encanto show building is.

View attachment 808492

A = Carousel
B = Restaurant (previously Restaurantosaurus)
C = Fountain
D = Indiana Jones entrance
E = Shops (previously Chester & Hester's)
F = Encanto entrance
G = Encanto extended queue ?

The building is cut off on the left side of the model, but the top has a short green wall on the roof, so I assume that this is actually the end of the building. This is about in line and parallel to where the Dinosaur show building starts.

The white area on the map below is where the Encanto show building would go as seen on the model. This is almost 1.75 acres and that is about the same size as the Dinosaur show building. On the top there are some backstage buildings in the way, but on the left side it lines up nicely with a parking lot.

View attachment 808494
Any possibility for animals in the new area? Obviously, holding pens would have to be built to keep them at night. Piranhas probably wouldn't be a good idea, though.

jeanericuser001

Well I guess I was way off. I will admit I was wrong. I guess this means the encanto attraction at magic kingdom is no longer a thing. Good. Cars land and villains land is perfect. Adding Encanto into that mix was like combining cheetos covered in chocolate. It must mean also the encanto show at epcot is not doing as well as hoped. Adding more rides to animal kingdom is a good thing but we will see if disney tries to get everything they promised done and not cut a lot of the budget.

cdunlap

1723445701028.png
The temple looks like a mix of Rosalila Temple (Copan), The Temple Of The Grand Jaguar (Tikal), and a few of the temples at Palenque (See below).
IMG_4536.jpeg

KDM31091

Well I guess I was way off. I will admit I was wrong. I guess this means the encanto attraction at magic kingdom is no longer a thing. Good. Cars land and villains land is perfect. Adding Encanto into that mix was like combining cheetos covered in chocolate. It must mean also the encanto show at epcot is not doing as well as hoped. Adding more rides to animal kingdom is a good thing but we will see if disney tries to get everything they promised done and not cut a lot of the budget.
But are they really adding more?

Dino to Indy is a lateral move. Triceratops Spin to Carousel, arguably a lateral move or a slight increase in popularity but nothing huge. Primeval Whirl is gone, but even if you exclude that, you're still left with Boneyard, so one of those two or even the two combined equals Encanto. So it's a break even, not really an addition.

I think WDW fans, at least I know I am, are sick of the constant add and subtract. Just add to the parks. Then everyone wins.

Brer Panther

I remember a while back we were hearing from insiders that Indiana Jones is going to be really amazing and not just a "cheap" overlay.
We heard the same thing about Tiana's Bayou Adventure and look at how THAT turned out.
me too....I think it will end up being a filler attraction with a lot of screens.....
They seem incapable of doing any other kind of attraction nowadays.

doctornick

Dino to Indy is a lateral move. Triceratops Spin to Carousel, arguably a lateral move or a slight increase in popularity but nothing huge. Primeval Whirl is gone, but even if you exclude that, you're still left with Boneyard, so one of those two or even the two combined equals Encanto. So it's a break even, not really an addition.

I think WDW fans, at least I know I am, are sick of the constant add and subtract. Just add to the parks. Then everyone wins.
Yes. Same with ITTBAB to Zootopia. And seemingly Muppetvision to Monsters. And even RoA/TSI to Cars.

They literally are investing billions of dollars in WDW in the next few years and getting marginal gains to capacity. It’s insane.

Brer Panther

Say what you want about TBA and how the story of the ride came out, but I wouldn’t call it a “cheap” overlay in anyway. But maybe that’s just me
Super-fancy A1000 Tiana animatronics that do nothing but stand there and flail their arms with a bored expression on their faces does not make up for replacing animatronics with screens, figures with about as much movement as most of the figures in the Little Mermaid ride, and UGLY CGI animation.

doctornick

Super-fancy A1000 Tiana animatronics that do nothing but stand there and flail their arms with a bored expression on their faces does not make up for replacing animatronics with screens, figures with about as much movement as most of the figures in the Little Mermaid ride, and UGLY CGI animation.
“Poorly executed” and “cheap” are two different things.

TBA wasn’t cheap

ChewbaccaYourMum

Look I’ll admit I’m not happy with how the story of TBA turned out, but again I don’t think it is a “cheap” overlay.

My original question was just if the insiders are still hearing that Indiana Jones is not a “cheap” overlay.

I don’t want to turn this into a Splash vs Tiana thing lol!

Centauri Space Station

This is BS, Tiana figures weren’t designed to do that. Maybe they do that if it’s malfunctioning but their purpose is not to just stand.

jeanericuser001

I would not call the carousel a ride but more as a distraction. It distracts people from going on other attractions thus lowering wait times for other attractions. True rides are ones that can hold a decidedly decent amount of the park population both in the ride and in the que. If the encanto ride has a que as large as the little mermaid or navi river adventure then it will at least help to lower wait times in some areas. I don't consider primeval swirly any more as that is ancient history. Then you gotta account for the fact that indi likely is gonna be getting a significant overhaul of its its que as well so likely it will also be able to hold a lot more people than it use to. Together that more than doubles the overall amount of people this new land can hold in its que. My guess is once these attractions come out they should lower wait times by 20 minutes for navi river adventure and maybe even reduce wait times for flights of passage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom