News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Captain Barbossa

Were we even thinking it's a boat ride?! I am fairly certain its trackless, unless its been switched out for omnimover.
Bruce said the ride vehicle would be “furniture” inside the house. So unless the ride story is about the impacts of flooding due to torrential downpours and the importance of having a good flood insurance policy, I don’t think it’s going to be water based.

dmc493

Is there history of an Omnimover that has differently designed vehicles to allow for this “hop on a piece of furniture” concept? Doesn’t sound like it’d be that difficult but who knows

doctornick

Is there history of an Omnimover that has differently designed vehicles to allow for this “hop on a piece of furniture” concept? Doesn’t sound like it’d be that difficult but who knows
I doubt it’s happened but would be pretty simple I think to have multiple different themed vehicles for an omnimover

etc98

The tiered shape of the showbuilding is especially interesting... elevation changes are most commonly associated with water rides, though omnis can obviously handle them. I don't see them putting in another trackless-with-an-elevator.
I almost see it as not necessarily elevation changes on the ride, but just differences in scale. The first part of the ride is just through Casita, which is house sized, you don't need super tall ceilings for this portion of the ride. Then as you journey through other rooms, maybe Isabella's flower room, the ceilings need to be a little taller. And then once you get into Antonio's room, it's set in a rainforest with tall trees, so could be the farthest section with the tallest roof.

doctornick

Important to remember that Dinosaur and IJA have basically the same track layout. Obviously they aren’t going to clone the DL version but I have a feeling they’ll be more similar than we’d prefer.

I'd prefer it to be very similar but with different scenes/premise. Pretty much the only reason to replace Dinosaur with IJ is to make use of the fact that it would be a quasi-clone so it can be done rapidly. Otherwise, it would be much better to build anew.

Captain Barbossa

Still would’ve preferred they make the land entirely Indy, but with the tropical Americas theme. Build the excavator coaster instead of encanto and either retheme the boneyard or come up with something else for the kiddos/family friendly. But that’s just me.

Gusey

Bruce said the ride vehicle would be “furniture” inside the house. So unless the ride story is about the impacts of flooding due to torrential downpours and the importance of having a good flood insurance policy, I don’t think it’s going to be water based.
Secret Life of Pets at Universal has different themed boxes. That's probably the closest?

MoonRakerSCM

Anything in the model suggesting anything additional? I notice there are some canvases to the right of the indy entrance. That's the queue area right? Maybe a kids 'excavation' playground?

How about any signs of a trail or animal enclosures? I wonder what they'll do with all the dinosaur statues...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Anything in the model suggesting anything additional? I notice there are some canvases to the right of the indy entrance. That's the queue area right? Maybe a kids 'excavation' playground?

How about any signs of a trail or animal enclosures? I wonder what they'll do with all the dinosaur statues...
I dont think they really feel like they need to add animals to this area. The existing site doesn't have anything beyond the crocodile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom