News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

It would be a great add to TSL.

I just don't think there's anywhere they can actually put it there since they did such a poor job with space utilization when they built it.

Someone showed you could fit it kind of between Slinky and the BBQ restaurant next to just east of the guest path. Would be tight but seems possible if they really wanted.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Still wish they would give Triceratops spin a reskin and move it elsewhere in the park. I'd love for them to announce that next year at Destination D, but I won't hold my breath lol.

What they showed tonight looks very promising for the land's quality. Fidelity to the park's ideals is still TBD.
Toy story Land would fit perfectly being a top spin toy and the Triceratops look like Trixie..

Cmdr_Crimson

It seems weird to go back to an old post I made and hoping it is what I think it is..As they mentioned in the new Indy ride There’s a mysterious creature in the temple and Indy hates snakes. What could be more menacing than Quetzalcoatl " The Feathered Serpent"

And I had thought of that well before hand..

Mike S

Epcot82Guy

This will be 100% down to execution for me. I'm not against this - especially if we get some animal exhibits in it. I truly hope it is well integrated vs. lip service or some meta story that doesn't actually work.

I'm still in the camp that wishes a small DinoLand lived next to a broad (i.e. addition) of Tropical Americas. But, there is a version of this that could work well. I hope we get that version vs. others that don't...

Epcot81Fan

This will be 100% down to execution for me. I'm not against this - especially if we get some animal exhibits in it. I truly hope it is well integrated vs. lip service or some meta story that doesn't actually work.

I'm still in the camp that wishes a small DinoLand lived next to a broad (i.e. addition) of Tropical Americas. But, there is a version of this that could work well. I hope we get that version vs. others that don't...
Indiana Jones went to a zoo once with his dad as a child.

Boom. Fixed.

JT3000

You Walt Disney Worlders can complain all you want, but this is the best thing to happen to the park since Expedition Everest. Indiana Jones blows Dinosaur out of the water in every conceivable way. I've never been that tempted to go to WDW, but this is the kind of addition that would actually push me over the edge. I'm hyped for this.
So you've never actually been to WDW, but you're somehow an authority on how Dinosaur compares to Indy.

Make it make sense.

etc98

Someone showed you could fit it kind of between Slinky and the BBQ restaurant next to just east of the guest path. Would be tight but seems possible if they really wanted.
My vote is actually in a similar spot, but right across from there. It kind of fits in that corner at the entrance perfectly. You'd just have to move the stroller parking, which could fit on the other side of the path between slinky and the restaurant.
Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 2.13.18 AM.png

McMickeyWorld

According to my sister (an Ethnohistory student at ENAH), she says that the piece of conceptual art is a sacred ceiba tree that represents the four cardinal points of the universe, life, and death. Later on, some authors believed that through these objects, deities communicated (as mentioned in the presentation) and were used in shamanic rituals. However, we question this theory since it seems to be viewed only from a European perspective. Another thing is that it’s still a symbol used in the region. What I didn’t like was the name of the town; I would have preferred it to have a name reflecting how those regions’ worldview still preserves Maya elements, though I still hope the restaurant can have such a name. I was disappointed that the theater wasn’t mentioned. Since Coco isn't part of MK, I was hoping it would be included, but I guess it was too Mexican for the land.
1723359991062.png

Last edited:

Karakasa

Are we still saying animals are going into this land or are we thinking differently? I was hoping they would say something but they didn’t.
This was one of my conditions for being okay with Dinoland going away. If there aren't capybaras, minimum, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

According to my sister (an Ethnohistory student at ENAH), she says that the piece of conceptual art is a sacred ceiba tree that represents the four cardinal points of the universe, life, and death. Later on, some authors believed that through these objects, deities communicated (as mentioned in the presentation) and were used in shamanic rituals. However, we question this theory since it seems to be viewed only from a European perspective. Another thing is that it’s still a symbol used in the region. View attachment 808124
Thanks for the info! I was wondering if the design might've represented a certain mythological animal. Looking into the ceiba tree a bit more, it seems that in modern Maya culture it serves as a representation of ecological conservation; highly fitting for Animal Kingdom. Further, there appears to be a deity associated with the tree - Itzamna. He's referred to as a creator god, and at various times is represented as a two-headed caiman, serpent, or bird, as well as a humanoid form that most Mesoamerican deities seem to possess.

If you look closely there do seem to be snakes nestled in the tree, along with a tusked being at the base... 🤔

It's definitely a deep cut, considering I was thinking it would have to be Kukulkan or Camazotz if it was a Mayan deity. Shows they really did their research, if that's what they're going with! 'course I might be off entirely.

MoonRakerSCM

Per Disney: A woodcarver has created a giant working carousel featuring his favorite animals from Disney stories.

Awesome. Beautiful artwork integrated into the attraction (with a Disney flair of course). Fits right in with AK... a lazy workshop with its wares on display etc...

Did anyone catch a better glimpse at the Encanto attraction image? Was it an omnimover?

etc98

Duurrr.... here it is.... hm.... I dunno. Maybe?

View attachment 808137
They mentioned that it's furniture that Casita brought to life. Makes me think trackless.

This concept art cuts off to hide any hint of what the ride vehicle is. I almost wonder if this art is from back when it was supposed to be a boat ride, and then just cropped the boats out of the art.

McMickeyWorld

This was one of my conditions for being okay with Dinoland going away. If there aren't capybaras, minimum, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if the design might've represented a certain mythological animal. Looking into the ceiba tree a bit more, it seems that in modern Maya culture it serves as a representation of ecological conservation; highly fitting for Animal Kingdom. Further, there appears to be a deity associated with the tree - Itzamna. He's referred to as a creator god, and at various times is represented as a two-headed caiman, serpent, or bird, as well as a humanoid form that most Mesoamerican deities seem to possess.

If you look closely there do seem to be snakes nestled in the tree, along with a tusked being at the base... 🤔

It's definitely a deep cut, considering I was thinking it would have to be Kukulkan or Camazotz if it was a Mayan deity. Shows they really did their research, if that's what they're going with! 'course I might be off entirely.
Looking at the image in higher quality, they do look like snakes, but I’m not sure about the figures on the sides.
Captura de pantalla 2024-08-11 025212.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom