News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Cmdr_Crimson

According to my sister (an Ethnohistory student at ENAH), she says that the piece of conceptual art is a sacred ceiba tree that represents the four cardinal points of the universe, life, and death. Later on, some authors believed that through these objects, deities communicated (as mentioned in the presentation) and were used in shamanic rituals. However, we question this theory since it seems to be viewed only from a European perspective. Another thing is that it’s still a symbol used in the region. What I didn’t like was the name of the town; I would have preferred it to have a name reflecting how those regions’ worldview still preserves Maya elements, though I still hope the restaurant can have such a name. I was disappointed that the theater wasn’t mentioned. Since Coco isn't part of MK, I was hoping it would be included, but I guess it was too Mexican for the land.
View attachment 808124
I still stand by that it will be Quetzalcoatl..Indy hates snakes! And now Serpents..
88cc8ad6c1064f86988c06add4bcc0b4.jpeg

Looking at the image in higher quality, they do look like snakes, but I’m not sure about the figures on the sides.
View attachment 808140
Looks like this to me...
2b1077daaa18d08edd7179d4c761f2c4.jpg

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It looks very possible there will be no net new attractions for AK (counting the removal of primeval a few years ago). Sad. AK needs so much more including a night show

It does however sound like they may try to open something new before shutting down dinosaur however but we’ll see. They can’t afford less things operating there

Gusey

Encanto Concept Art has the ride vehicle 3 facing different direction to the other two, so likely not a boat ride and more omnimover. 2 per ride vehicle that pivots direction

KDM31091

The concept art for Indy is for sure the same vehicle as Dinosaur. I know we already know all this, but how ridiculous that they cannot come up with something new, and are just doing a reskin. What's the point? Is that really going to draw that many more people than Dinosaur?

Hopefully, it is executed very well. But I'm scared of a bare minimum reskin.

Brer Panther

So it certainly sounds like they took great care to ensuring that the IJ and Encanto attractions with harmonize with DAK. I know that it won't satisfy the doubters but they made the effort to point out the aspects of the rides that fit with the park.

Encanto taking place largely in Antonio's room always seemed like a no brainer.
Will it? Nothing about the Indiana Jones concept art gives me any indication that it'll involve animals, and I've heard the Encanto ride will take us through the other rooms of the house so for all we know Antonio's room could just be the finale of the ride.

doctornick

It looks very possible there will be no net new attractions for AK (counting the removal of primeval a few years ago). Sad. AK needs so much more including a night show

It does however sound like they may try to open something new before shutting down dinosaur however but we’ll see. They can’t afford less things operating there
Also we would be losing the Boneyard which is an excellent area for the younger set.

DCLcruiser

Encanto Concept Art has the ride vehicle 3 facing different direction to the other two, so likely not a boat ride and more omnimover. 2 per ride vehicle that pivots direction
They look to be in line to me. The people's heads are turned.

The ride looks to be an omnimover. The car sides are very high for a boat. Maybe we are on wooden benches from the house.

WDW_Tropical-Americas_Encanto_Casita_Interior-scaled.jpg

DCLcruiser

Has the mystical creature actually been confirmed?
"Indiana Jones: A new Indy experience is set to arrive in Disney’s Animal Kingdom and will be different from any other Indiana Jones experience around the world. In this new venture, the man with the hat has recently discovered a perfectly preserved Maya temple, and that can only mean one thing: it’s time to explore it. He’s heard rumors about a mythical creature deep within the temple — and he’s got to see it for himself. So, he brings us along on the adventure… but will there be snakes? We’ll just have to wait and see."

cdunlap

Well, they’re adapting Maya mythology for Indy. I love the ancient Maya and their mythology is pretty interesting, but I am unsure about how they’ll make it work. Will Camazotz, the bat god, make an appearance? Is the giant snake going to be Kukulkan, the feathered serpent?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom