News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Biff215

It’s still popular. Gets at least a 30 minute or longer wait daily. I wouldn’t call that unpopular honestly, but apparently Disney doesn’t care
It’s often quite less though, and even that 30+ posted wait isn’t usually accurate. Its location doesn’t help but it’s also on the scary side for some. Compare it to Indy’s popularity at DL and it doesn’t stand a chance unfortunately.

I truly hate to see it (and the land) go but they clearly gave up on it. While anything new should be an addition, not a replacement, this is the easy way out for Disney. We can only hope it turns out to be an improvement.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Concept art for Indiana Jones attraction coming to Animal Kingdom:

GUq66XLW4AAxNf_.jpeg
GUq64xmWoAAPxdU.jpeg

Consumer

View attachment 808042View attachment 808044
You Walt Disney Worlders can complain all you want, but this is the best thing to happen to the park since Expedition Everest. Indiana Jones blows Dinosaur out of the water in every conceivable way. I've never been that tempted to go to WDW, but this is the kind of addition that would actually push me over the edge. I'm hyped for this.

HonorableMention

View attachment 808042View attachment 808044
Knew it was coming but still sad anyway. Realistically this makes the most sense but I will always love Dinosaur despite its issues and clunkiness.

I personally think it had some unique thrills independent of IJA, and was great for non-coaster folks who wanted something intense. Plus it’s a legitimately scary adventure ride, something I don’t think we’ll see Disney make again.

DisneyDreamerxyz

seems like everything will be demolished and started from scratch except for Dinosaur...I don't see them just re-theming the existing merch and food and bev locations. also RIP Triceratop Spin.

doctornick

So it certainly sounds like they took great care to ensuring that the IJ and Encanto attractions with harmonize with DAK. I know that it won't satisfy the doubters but they made the effort to point out the aspects of the rides that fit with the park.

Encanto taking place largely in Antonio's room always seemed like a no brainer.

doctornick

Or move it to the DHS.

I'd certainly be fine with that too. And honestly if they were thinking about doing so, it would be such a minor thing that they wouldn't announce it at a situation like this. That would be more of a blog level report so who knows, maybe we'll see it happen...

UNCgolf

I'd certainly be fine with that too. And honestly if they were thinking about doing so, it would be such a minor thing that they wouldn't announce it at a situation like this. That would be more of a blog level report so who knows, maybe we'll see it happen...

It would be a great add to TSL.

I just don't think there's anywhere they can actually put it there since they did such a poor job with space utilization when they built it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom