News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

HonorableMention

"Indiana Jones: A new Indy experience is set to arrive in Disney’s Animal Kingdom and will be different from any other Indiana Jones experience around the world. In this new venture, the man with the hat has recently discovered a perfectly preserved Maya temple, and that can only mean one thing: it’s time to explore it. He’s heard rumors about a mythical creature deep within the temple — and he’s got to see it for himself. So, he brings us along on the adventure… but will there be snakes? We’ll just have to wait and see."
This makes me feel a bit better about its cohesiveness with AK.

I just hope they find some way to reuse one of the dino animatronics, or that they at least aren’t completely scrapped

celluloid

Really it's not too different in scale than Temple of the Forbidden Eye. What it just needs are more trees to help mask its size.
View attachment 808210View attachment 808211

This is accurate, but that is not what was originally rendered. What was originally shown was closer to Tokyo Disney Sea's.

1723389316772.png

1723389347644.png

PREMiERdrum

While I 100% think this will be a very successful transition, they're reeeeaaaalllly doing very, very little to the existing structures. The Institute's facade mostly remains just behind the new temple weenie, and Restaurantosaurus survives with just about everything but the Quonset hut. Also, it's difficult to find the "garden" animal exhibits in the model... that's a bit concerning.

James Alucobond

While I 100% think this will be a very successful transition, they're reeeeaaaalllly doing very, very little to the existing structures. The Institute's facade mostly remains just behind the new temple weenie, and Restaurantosaurus survives with just about everything but the Quonset hut. Also, it's difficult to find the "garden" animal exhibits in the model... that's a bit concerning.
Minus the animal comment, I honestly think that's good. The bones have always been fine in the areas that weren't Dino-Rama. Efficiency is a good path forward with this.

natatomic

Also we would be losing the Boneyard which is an excellent area for the younger set.
I know this isn’t a big deal to everyone, but this really bums me out. This is a favorite of all my kids, and it wasn’t unusual for us to spend a couple hours there each visit.

And I’m still salty they removed the HISTK playground. 😒

Anyway, it always seemed busy…I can’t imagine it had low guest satisfaction scores. Guess you can’t monetize a playground though….

rezzyk

Are there going to be animal exhibits? Doesn't seem like there are any on the model and no one has talked about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom