News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Sneaky

I am gonna miss dinosaur. It deserved a better dinoland surrounding it, that’s for sure. I think it was a massively underrated attraction, but I get that it wasn’t super popular. It’s a shame wdw is losing a lot of their “cult classic” attractions (og bears, dinosaur). What do we have left?

The Leader of the Club

I am gonna miss dinosaur. It deserved a better dinoland surrounding it, that’s for sure. I think it was a massively underrated attraction, but I get that it wasn’t super popular. It’s a shame wdw is losing a lot of their “cult classic” attractions (og bears, dinosaur). What do we have left?
Depends on what you call “Cult Classics” but here’s what I came up with: PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, Living with the Land, Gran Fiesta Tour, American Adventure, Impressions De France, MuppetVision

Purduevian

Don't be so sure. Apparently Wish is performing decently on Disney+.

And:
Sorry, that's me... it's the only movie my son wants to watch...

Also if I were Disney, I would start work on Encanto and leave the restaurant, boneyard, Triceratops, and Dinosaur open as long as possible:
1722950882506.png

Bocabear

I hope that they include actual new animal exhibits in the Tropical Americas land!!
I think that was the exact plan... Make it feel part of the park instead of a nonsensical add-on. I am just hoping this will not be a 5 year build... It would be nice if they could have the entire section completed in 3 years or less....At least with the Chester and Hester area, they can completely wall off the area easily and work without interference.

Aramar

I hope that they include actual new animal exhibits in the Tropical Americas land!!
I hope so too. If I'm not mistaken, they already have some American animals in the park like macaws, giant anteaters and Galapagos tortoises that maybe could be moved to the new area. Even better if they can get new animals like capybaras. Also, it would be nice to give The Emperor's New Groove some love and put some llamas somewhere.

peter11435

I hope so too. If I'm not mistaken, they already have some American animals in the park like macaws, giant anteaters and Galapagos tortoises that maybe could be moved to the new area. Even better if they can get new animals like capybaras. Also, it would be nice to give The Emperor's New Groove some love and put some llamas somewhere.
They actually used to have capybaras at animal kingdom.

SpectreJordan

Perhaps poachers are hunting a rare species of Tropical American animal(s) and Indy stops them? I dunno, Indiana Jones doesn’t fit Animal Kingdom.
Best way to make it fit is to have Indy going after an artifact based on an animal god. It'd be a way to show how animals have influenced human cultures to the point where we've deified them in our past. Kinda similar to how Everest shows how we've mystified animals and made-up animals as part of our cultures.

DCLcruiser

Best way to make it fit is to have Indy going after an artifact based on an animal god. It'd be a way to show how animals have influenced human cultures to the point where we've deified them in our past. Kinda similar to how Everest shows how we've mystified animals and made-up animals as part of our cultures.
Or just have it take place in a rainforest....

KDM31091

It’s just crazy to remove dinosaurs entirely instead of just improving what is already there. Dinosaurs as a concept are popular. They just need to plus the land instead of wiping it out and shoving in IP with very tenuous links to animals, if at all.

It continues the trend of the parks losing their individual identities and just becoming dumping grounds for IP with some weak link to try and make it fit.

KDM31091

It’s still popular. Gets at least a 30 minute or longer wait daily. I wouldn’t call that unpopular honestly, but apparently Disney doesn’t care

AidenRodriguez731

It’s just crazy to remove dinosaurs entirely instead of just improving what is already there. Dinosaurs as a concept are popular. They just need to plus the land instead of wiping it out and shoving in IP with very tenuous links to animals, if at all.

It continues the trend of the parks losing their individual identities and just becoming dumping grounds for IP with some weak link to try and make it fit.
I think the problem is, they're never beating Jurassic Park realistically. It's a movie that has spanned generations and any new addition will be compared to Universal. Oh they finally did the boneyard coaster? Universal has Velocicoaster. They want to do a boat ride? Universal has one (although with that one atleast Universal has kept it in an ABYSMAL state for the last few years. Last time I went the animatronics were so stiff and like 25% or so just flat out didn't work correctly)

I think that's also why they aren't going to do a 5th gate anytime soon. They don't want any 1-1 comparisons with their competition especially when the fanbase has been on edge the last few years. It does kinda make sense.

lazyboy97o

I think the problem is, they're never beating Jurassic Park realistically. It's a movie that has spanned generations and any new addition will be compared to Universal. Oh they finally did the boneyard coaster? Universal has Velocicoaster. They want to do a boat ride? Universal has one (although with that one atleast Universal has kept it in an ABYSMAL state for the last few years. Last time I went the animatronics were so stiff and like 25% or so just flat out didn't work correctly)

I think that's also why they aren't going to do a 5th gate anytime soon. They don't want any 1-1 comparisons with their competition especially when the fanbase has been on edge the last few years. It does kinda make sense.
They built two versions of Spider-Man Midway Mania. I don’t think they care too much about the comparisons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom