News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

BrianLo

I also suspect the Day the Dead banners and original Santa Cecelia holdovers from BBTM has been entirely scrubbed. Likely so it doesn't feel like they are just building the same thing in Magic Kingdom a few years later.

1717467133773.png
sub-buzz-22157-1522865322-2.png

SilentWindODoom

Frontierland-> Mexico-Day of the Dead-> Villians - That works really well.

I remember many years ago riding the riverboat and seeing a set up among the forest that I couldn't make out, but I swear old spiels referred to it as some manner of burial ritual which seemed to tie into the Mansion as if it were built on a burial ground.

Just checked a ride-through and they feature it quite prominently.

1717789150607.png

Day of the Dead/San Cecilia's cemetery may actually be a good way to blend right into the front of the Mansion. I've been dubious about the project meeting back up with the rest of the park here, especially with how I consider the Mansion's grounds beyond the gates sacred as part of the storytelling of the ride (which they've already chipped away at with the new interactive elements), but this is actually a way it may work.

KDM31091

So do we all think D23 will be when Disney finally announces/ commits to the plans? As technically they really haven’t stated anything specific about attractions, just vague Tropical Americas plans

KDM31091

Because if they just improved Dinoland, they'd still have to come up with an attraction to replace Primeval Whirl, which had a small footprint. They'd still need to close more of Dinorama to make way for a new attraction in this space, especially when you consider that the original plans for Dinoland would have had the Excavator roller coaster take up all of the Dinorama space (TriceraTop Spin to Primeval Whirl) By that point, you are already developing half of the Dinoland, so might as well redevelop the whole land into something new. They could have split the land in half like the Moana/Zootopia Blue Sky, keeping Dinoland in the South and Tropical Americas in the North of the land, but then they'd need to create another resetaurant and another shop for the North to make it a "land".
I'm going to miss Dinosaur as I can't do rollercoasters, but Dinosaur had enough thrill in it to make it more exciting than just a classic dark ride. At least Indiana Jones should be a similar ride vehicle experience, just with different scenes.
This is kinda what I was thinking. I know it’s not gonna happen, but since the areas are so physically distant, why not just keep Dinosaur as a small area of its own, and redevelop the carnival area? Seems like a good compromise that keeps the Dino presence but gets rid of what many feel is the worst part.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I'm still hearing that Encanto will float, FWIW. Earlier indications were omni, but this has been consistent for a while now.

Never heard of serious work on trackless for it.
It's still absolutely bonkers to me that numerous water rides seem to be in development right now but none of them are going to DHS, the park with literally no water rides.

bwr827

So do we all think D23 will be when Disney finally announces/ commits to the plans? As technically they really haven’t stated anything specific about attractions, just vague Tropical Americas plans
I sure hope so! And I hope they break ground by late fall.

Haymarket2008

I think the Tropical Americas project is probably the one thing MOST likely to be announced at D23.

DCLcruiser

… where you now enter fully-realized “worlds” from movies (Batuu, Andy’s backyard), so it really shouldn’t be off limits.
You are transported to their sets...

Batuu, I still think should be in a "world" of action figures, just like Toy Story.

I realize the complete movie studio theme is some-what out the window, but I think a flume ride would be too far. Backlot tour had more water than you can handle. If they want to do a water scene ride, water stunts, sure, but it shouldn't try to be real. Even a Nemo based ride would be better. You are in the movie "Nemo." Not the actual south Pacific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom