Earfell Tower to be removed

brb1006

bzqJacC.jpg

OliveMcFly

I caught a glimpse of it one last time this week. Glad I did...a bit sad today. :(
Fingers crossed it's moved to a new location someday.

dstrawn9889

No offense intended to those who are excited about Star Wars and Toy Story lands, but I am not. I absolutely loved the Streets of America, the Earfell Tower, THE OSBORNE LIGHTS, etc. This whole tearing apart of HS is so sad to me. We had our last trip there 2 weeks ago, and while we usually spend 2 days there, we couldn't stay more than a half day this time. I know things change and I'm sure the new lands will be a big hit with most, but we can't go back there. It's like an era is over for us. The good old days are gone, and we must move on.
hmmm. the same could be said when they removed 20k. or Mr toad, or Cranium Command. the parks will always evolve, no matter if you liked a part of one or not. the time had come (and gone) for these much needed upgrades a decade ago. just because it is all happening at once now you really see how much is to be destroyed to create. you may not like change for changes sake, or you may hold something dear, but keeping the park fresh is the mandate handed down from Walt himself... and following his words and directives really shows that Disney still listens to its roots (on occasion, when it suits them anyway)

Rob Paige

That would really be the end of any kind of "Studios".

I agree with you. They have "revamped" it to the point where it is no longer recognizable. I do not view this as an upgrade but rather a destruction of the legend that Walt built. Very disturbing.

That is the problem when you have 30 something year olds running the company. Still too wet behind the (mouse) ears!

Rob Paige

hmmm. the same could be said when they removed 20k. or Mr toad, or Cranium Command. the parks will always evolve, no matter if you liked a part of one or not. the time had come (and gone) for these much needed upgrades a decade ago. just because it is all happening at once now you really see how much is to be destroyed to create. you may not like change for changes sake, or you may hold something dear, but keeping the park fresh is the mandate handed down from Walt himself... and following his words and directives really shows that Disney still listens to its roots (on occasion, when it suits them anyway)

There is a difference between "evolving" and ruining a legacy. Disney is doing the later!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

So long as the replacement improves on what it replaced.

MatthewWho13

I wonder if it will be sitting in the same scrap yard as the parts of the ear and the backlot tour trams were... Guess Im making a drive by trip this weekend...

WDWFREAK53

I agree with you. They have "revamped" it to the point where it is no longer recognizable. I do not view this as an upgrade but rather a destruction of the legend that Walt built. Very disturbing.

That is the problem when you have 30 something year olds running the company. Still too wet behind the (mouse) ears!

Huh? Walt had nothing to do with the Studios. This was Michael Eisner's baby.

JUFL2019

30 somethings?!? I'm pretty sure the majority of management in control of these decisions are waaaaay above that

deere839

RIP to the Earful Tower.I loved the idea of the studios park going on the backlot tour seeing streets of america the Osborne lights LMA that was my favorite section of the park since i hate star wars.I wish they could have put it somewhe else rather than that area but i guess this was more import to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom