Earfell Tower to be removed

JohnD

Going by MDE, you would swear LMA and Earfel Tower were still there.
Hollywood-Studios-Vignette-1860x312_2.png

Last edited:

donaldtoo

difference in construction as well... water tower is a steel eggshell. BAH was a BUILDING

Yes, this is exactly the point I was going to make.
The Earffel Tower was just a hollow prop on braced stilted legs in an area now closed to Guests. The BAH had much more surface area and structure, and was right in the middle of the Guest area of the Park.

So let me get this strait. Disney takes 3 months to remove a 30' hat but ONE night to remove a 100+ foot water tower?! I mean they have not done something this fast in decades! Don't get me wrong I get that the hat and the tower had 2 different circumstances but seriously when you think about it the speed is insane!

Maybe because of the fact it took 3 months and was a bit of a fiasco probably prompted them to be proactive and plan it better this time.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I agree with you. They have "revamped" it to the point where it is no longer recognizable. I do not view this as an upgrade but rather a destruction of the legend that Walt built. Very disturbing.

That is the problem when you have 30 something year olds running the company. Still too wet behind the (mouse) ears!

Well, Walt didn't exactly design the studios or much of WDW for that matter. Sure he was the origin of Disney but let's keep the facts straight. I may be a thirty something who is in charge of a large organization, so forgive my ignorance, but a stagnant "movie studio" that never truly realized its intention should not sit untouched for another decade. Do I agree with every decision in this park? No. But it desperately needed some changes. Even though the earful tower was always a special icon to me. I loved what the studios started out as, but never really became.

Jon81uk

I agree with you. They have "revamped" it to the point where it is no longer recognizable. I do not view this as an upgrade but rather a destruction of the legend that Walt built. Very disturbing.

That is the problem when you have 30 something year olds running the company. Still too wet behind the (mouse) ears!

Ummm you know Eisner built the Disney-MGM studios at WDW. Walt had been dead 25 years.
Then Eisner also killed off th studios in Florida when it was no longer economical to keep a working Studio on both coasts.

dstrawn9889

hmm... i was looking for when this chunk of steel came down, so i went to the USGS seismology site... there is ONE seismograph site in FL...
this one ~
IU DWPF
Disney Wilderness Preserve, Florida, USA

and i cant see on the helipath exactly, but there was a short term something around 10:50 PM eastern last night?

DWPF.png

FigmentForver96

hmm... i was looking for when this chunk of steel came down, so i went to the USGS seismology site... there is ONE seismograph site in FL...
this one ~
IU DWPF

and i cant see on the helipath exactly, but there was a short term something around 10:50 PM eastern last night?

DWPF.png

Nice catch

RSoxNo1

this one ~
IU DWPF

DWPF.png

It's possible those of us on this site have too much time on our hands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom