Earfell Tower to be removed

righttrack

So much dramatics over a prop, I just don't get it. I really don't :confused:

Yes. It didn't do anything. It was a pre-fabbed water tower, like the same you might have in your town, just painted up and some fiberglass ears stuck to it. It means no more to me than a street sign. Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land will bring smiles and adventure to millions of people of all ages. That is exactly what Walt would have done with that space. He wouldn't put an overgrown hunk of metal that did nothing there, nor added any real value.

skimbob

Does anyone know where the parts of the Sorcerer's hat are? I thought they might reuse it. I was not a fan of it in HS but it would have looked kind of cool out on the highway. I always try to look at the cup as half full. The new attractions will be awesome if not done on the cheap HINT HINT TDO.

dstrawn9889

Does anyone know where the parts of the Sorcerer's hat are? I thought they might reuse it. I was not a fan of it in HS but it would have looked kind of cool out on the highway. I always try to look at the cup as half full. The new attractions will be awesome if not done on the cheap HINT HINT TDO.
fiberglas was cut into pieces on site and trucked away, prolly shredded and re-used as concrete aggregate or binder

JohnD

I agree with you. They have "revamped" it to the point where it is no longer recognizable. I do not view this as an upgrade but rather a destruction of the legend that Walt built. Very disturbing.

That is the problem when you have 30 something year olds running the company. Still too wet behind the (mouse) ears!

Which means pretty much nothing is left with a "studios" theme. Time to rename the park.

brb1006

So much dramatics over a prop, I just don't get it. I really don't :confused:

Yes. It didn't do anything. It was a pre-fabbed water tower, like the same you might have in your town, just painted up and some fiberglass ears stuck to it. It means no more to me than a street sign. Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land will bring smiles and adventure to millions of people of all ages. That is exactly what Walt would have done with that space. He wouldn't put an overgrown hunk of metal that did nothing there, nor added any real value.
I think it might have to do with being one of the earliest signs that you are heading to Walt Disney World besides the entrance to the resort. Seeing the Earful Tower with the Mickey ears along always gives me excited knowing you've finally made it. Especially for visitors and guests who live far away from Orlando,Florida.

deere839

Oh, well, okay then. Can't rename the park until a counter service location gets a new name.
Theres alot of themeing in it to make it look like its a part of the Backlot even with the structure of the building so its either Tear it down or figure out how to make the structure a part of a land

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So let me get this strait. Disney takes 3 months to remove a 30' hat but ONE night to remove a 100+ foot water tower?! I mean they have not done something this fast in decades! Don't get me wrong I get that the hat and the tower had 2 different circumstances but seriously when you think about it the speed is insane!

dstrawn9889

So let me get this strait. Disney takes 3 months to remove a 30' hat but ONE night to remove a 100+ foot water tower?! I mean they have not done something this fast in decades! Don't get me wrong I get that the hat and the tower had 2 different circumstances but seriously when you think about it the speed is insane!
122ft (37 m) - that was the height of the BAH

Seabasealpha1

Well...technically they couldn't just set charges or cut the hat off at the base and knock it over...and then cut it up...this was sitting kinda back where people wouldn't be...

For all we know it's still just laying back there being hacked to pieces with saws and torches. Of course no one has scored photos yet of that area..and I don't suppose they will now that its all walled off...I didn't expect that kinda speed either...but taking one of these out isn't really in need of great care or delicacy...

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Well...technically they couldn't just set charges or cut the hat off at the base and knock it over...and then cut it up...this was sitting kinda back where people wouldn't be...

For all we know it's still just laying back there being hacked to pieces with saws and torches. Of course no one has scored photos yet of that area..and I don't suppose they will now that its all walled off...I didn't expect that kinda speed either...but taking one of these out isn't really in need of great care or delicacy...
Understood and yea I get that the hat was surrounded by guests and the tower not so much but man literally there yesterday and GONE today I was expecting the long goodbye with bit by bit going over the course of a week or so

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom