Dunkin Donuts, PLEASE!

Mammymouse

I definitely agree that a variety of hot and iced coffees and teas would be great sellers and very much needed. I personally don't like them but my family does. I come from RI and we have other companies here besides Dunkin that sell them, too, because New Englanders are big coffee drinkers. But I think they would have to pay Disney a pretty penny to get into a contract to sell there, and I don't think there is enough profit in a limited item company to make it worthwhile. And Dunkin has the marketshare, so I can't see them doing it for advertising to sell more coffee. By the way we used to be a Dunkin franchisee in the 80's.

fillerup

Just for the sake of throwin' in a factoid or trivia item, I had the pleasure of visiting a friend who worked at the White House a few years ago and the two coffees available from the WH mess were Starbuck's and Dunkin'.

If it's good enough for that operation, it should be good enough for Disney.

lilclerk

Being from southern NE, I do too lol. Knowing the over abundance of DD there are around here lol. One of the only things DH and I look forward to when we come back from WDW is picking up a DD coffee at TF Green when we arrive lol.

Yup! I get one in the airport before we leave too, I guess for one last bit of home.

ChristianG

Perhaps a coffee shop, but not Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks or anything like that. Too much advertising. It wouldn't be enjoyable for me to see Dunkin Donuts signs in Frontierland or any other land or park.

I'm not even too sure if they should include coffee to the parks. It seems too urban-life rather than the Disney-life. You know what I mean??

powlessfamily4

Uh, thats why there are Coke products all over the place? And plenty of coffee, just not DD?

Caffeine causing dehydration is a myth, and an often dispelled one - with tons of scientific research to back it up.

Notice I said MAY also there is just as much research that backs it up the dehydration as dispells it. Caffine does have a nature diuretic effect on the body which can lead to dehydration. Also, coffee has almost double the caffeine that Coke does.

ChristianG

I would not want to be in the parks with thousands of people who haven't had their morning coffee :lol:

Remember that they serve coffee at the hotels! I'd just rather not see any coffee inside the parks. Downtown Disney is exceptional. Tell me what you'd rather see - people snacking on cinnamon buns with coffee, or people snacking on Turkey Legs while drinking a refreshing glass of lemonade or soda?

I don't know. I'd just rather see people enjoy their time at the parks. Coffee reminds me too much of work and cities. Lemonade, water, soda, etc. give me the "Have a good time!" feeling.

wizards8507

You are clearly a Southern New Englander. Dunkin Donuts would do amazing business in Disney, but sadly I just don't see it happening. As for Del's, I used to be a huge fan until I moved from MA to NJ and experienced Rita's.

"Water Ice" is the stupidest name for anything I've ever heard. Completely illogical. Rita's is NOTHING compared to Del's. It's frozen Country Time or Minute Maid. Del's is real lemon and real sugar. Rita's is only better if you like the fruity-tooty watermelon and cherry junk. :wave:

Also, Dunkin' Donuts in Florida would NOT be the Dunkin' Donuts of Providence or Boston. If you've ever had a DD iced coffee in Chicago, Dallas, or Philadelphia (as I have), it's nowhere near the same thing. Iced coffee in New England (including Newman's Own, McDonald's only serves in New England) is brewed with twice the amount of grounds that regular hot coffee has, so it is double-strong before being poured over ice. The rest of the country makes their iced coffee by brewing a regular strength pot then pouring it over ice, resulting in watered-down iced coffee.

wizards8507

Remember that they serve coffee at the hotels! I'd just rather not see any coffee inside the parks. Downtown Disney is exceptional. Tell me what you'd rather see - people snacking on cinnamon buns with coffee, or people snacking on Turkey Legs while drinking a refreshing glass of lemonade or soda?

I don't know. I'd just rather see people enjoy their time at the parks. Coffee reminds me too much of work and cities. Lemonade, water, soda, etc. give me the "Have a good time!" feeling.

You're from Connecticut? And Dunkin' Donuts Iced Coffee doesn't remind you of relaxing in the summertime?

Lemonade, water, and soda might give YOU the "have a good time" feeling but other posters would suggest that their "good time" would come from a medium iced french vanilla, extra extra.

wizards8507

Notice I said MAY also there is just as much research that backs it up the dehydration as dispells it. Caffine does have a nature diuretic effect on the body which can lead to dehydration. Also, coffee has almost double the caffeine that Coke does.

Sorry for the third post in a row, but I didn't read before I started posting. Caffeine DOES cause dehydration, but who cares? Cheesecake and ice cream make you fat but they serve them all over the place. Turkey legs make you fat AND dry you out. Spending hours on messages boards makes you fat and dries out your brain. Let's allow the consumers to make their own decisions instead of coddling them into the "right" way to eat and drink. No... you're right... Let's start banning everything.

wizards8507

Perhaps a coffee shop, but not Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks or anything like that. Too much advertising. It wouldn't be enjoyable for me to see Dunkin Donuts signs in Frontierland or any other land or park.

Wow I'm breaking all kinds of message board etiquette. FOUR posts in a row. Whoops.

I'm sure there wouldn't be ANY advertising whatsoever. Just like the McDonald's fry stand in Frontierland was called "Golden Nugget Potatoes" or something like that. And the various "branded" ice cream shops are themed to their appropriate locations.

ChristianG

You're from Connecticut? And Dunkin' Donuts Iced Coffee doesn't remind you of relaxing in the summertime?

Lemonade, water, and soda might give YOU the "have a good time" feeling but other posters would suggest that their "good time" would come from a medium iced french vanilla, extra extra.

Alright, you caught me there. I do enjoy a nice iced coffee every now and then. But it's just something that I can't see in the parks.

But I'd rather have it a shop or stand that doesn't mainly focus on coffee. Other sweets should be included like you'd see in cafes.

DisneyParksFan

Alright, you caught me there. I do enjoy a nice iced coffee every now and then. But it's just something that I can't see in the parks.

But I'd rather have it a shop or stand that doesn't mainly focus on coffee. Other sweets should be included like you'd see in cafes.

They already offer coffee in many locations in the parks in this format. The Coca-Cola stand on Hollywood Blvd at Studios sells not only soda, but ice cream, pastries, and coffee beverages. Now if only it was good coffee.....

Many people think of coffee drinks as being relaxing (lattes, mochas.....). I'm really surprised Disney is so far behind on the coffee drinking trend that has developed over the past decade.

Phonedave

Quite honestly, iced coffee (real iced coffee - double strong coffee, a bit of milk and thats it. No frappin, slappin, vanilla, caramel, foam-a-licious crap) is more refreshing and frankly a hell of a lot better for you than Lemonade or soda (or course water trumps all)

When you start adding all the stuff of iced coffee, or worse, making blended drinks, the calories and fat shoot through the roof. It's OK once in a while, but when people suck down 2 a day and wonder why they put on 5 lbs a week, well there you go. OK, time to get off the soapbox.

-dave

The Mom

Premium Member
Krispy Kreme has better doughnuts. :shrug:

Not a coffee drinker though.

Matter of opinion. Krispy Kreme might be better only if you get them within minutes; if they sit for more than 15 minutes they're awful. DDs hold up much better. I've had both, and DDs are better, IMO.

WDWmazprty

Matter of opinion. Krispy Kreme might be better only if you get them within minutes; if they sit for more than 15 minutes they're awful. DDs hold up much better. I've had both, and DDs are better, IMO.

This. Plus Krispy Kremes best donuts are the glazed ones, again, especially when they're hot. DD donuts are awesome all the time!

The Mom

Premium Member

Definitely cinnamon buns and coffee!

IMO (which I have expressed several times here over the past decade :lol:) it's pretty disgusting to watch people walking around gnawing on a hunk of meat. Consuming sticky cinnamon buns is not such a pretty sight, either, but not as bad.

TuffyCatt

What's the type of coffee they serve at most of the beverage islands at the counter service restaurants in the resorts? Is that NesCafe as well? Perhaps it's just the excitement of being at the parks or maybe I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur, but I've always enjoyed that coffee. I like running down in the morning before heading to EMH to fill up my mug with nice, hot coffee - or perhaps it's just the machine that allows me to put in as cream as I want! :p

I'll add another vote for Dunkin' Donuts, though! Their iced coffee is the best. Although I'm feeling deprived right now anyway, since I've moved several hundred miles south and west in VA to go to school and all the Dunkin' Donuts have completely disappeared. It's very sad.

bgraham34

Dunkin Donuts is terrible. They have cut back so much over the years. The donuts are all dough and no filling. The coffee is becoming watered down and they changed and or clean the filters less often. The prices have jumped up as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom