Dunkin Donuts, PLEASE!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry for the third post in a row, but I didn't read before I started posting. Caffeine DOES cause dehydration, but who cares? Cheesecake and ice cream make you fat but they serve them all over the place. Turkey legs make you fat AND dry you out. Spending hours on messages boards makes you fat and dries out your brain. Let's allow the consumers to make their own decisions instead of coddling them into the "right" way to eat and drink. No... you're right... Let's start banning everything.
Caffeine is a very mild diuretic. In the levels found in coffee and soft drinks it increases fluid output by about 3% at most when compared to water alone. Regular usage drops that 3% to near zero. The chances of you becoming dehydrated by drinking coffee is virtually impossible. Where it can come into play is with energy drinks and energy shots. Energy drinks can contain considerably more caffeine and caffeine like substances than coffee without the water to offset it. Energy shots can be even worse as the have very little water in them. However, becoming dehydrated solely due to energy drinks and shots is still highly improbable. You would more than likely suffer the symptoms of caffeine overdose long before you became dehydrated.

There is a laundry list of studies on caffeine's effect as a diuretic in this link.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_caffeine_a_diuretic

loveofamouse

the biggest health concern with caffeine would have to be what it does to your heart if you drink too much of it. My brother is an energy drink w*ore. He was just informed of some type of arythmia resulting from drinking 3-4 a day.

Yoda, I wish there were more KKs in Jax! The DD on ATL was taken down.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
the biggest health concern with caffeine would have to be what it does to your heart if you drink too much of it. My brother is an energy drink w*ore. He was just informed of some type of arythmia resulting from drinking 3-4 a day.

Yoda, I wish there were more KKs in Jax! The DD on ATL was taken down.
Go to the Donut Shop on 1721 University Blvd N sometime. It is a little hole in the wall shop that I am pretty sure has been around since Ponce De Leon discovered Florida in 1506.:lol: After one of their apple uglys you will forget that KK ever existed.:slurp:

The Mom

Premium Member
Go to the Donut Shop on 1721 University Blvd N sometime. It is a little hole in the wall shop that I am pretty sure has been around since Ponce De Leon discovered Florida in 1506.:lol: After one of their apple uglys you will forget that KK ever existed.:slurp:

My husband (the doughnut fan) says that they're better than DD, but a bit more expensive.

tomes1225

Someone had mentioned this on another site but its something my wife and I have discussed a lot. For those of you from up east you will know what I mean. Now I know there are reasons for this not happening BUT , would Dunkin Donuts Ice Coffee, Coffee Coolatas just be a GOLD MINE in Disney????? Can you imagine the amount of ice coffees and coolatas they would sell? Hec Id buy at least 3 a day! ICE COLD ,ICED COFFEE.....I mean come on...you ask for an ice coffee and they give u a cup of hot coffee and glass of ice!.....DUNKIN DONUTS IN DISNEY..BRING IT ON!!!
AND while we are on subject, fellow easterners how about DEL's LEMONADE? !!!!
DEL's would be the smartest decision ever made by Disney IMO. I buy like 4 every time I go to the beach like 5 times a week. They could make a lot of money.

Southern New England is the best. Get DD almost everyday, so good. :)

gamblepsu

In my area the local Hess Gas stations have been converting from having had Blimpie Subs inside of them to Duncan Donuts (It's kinds of a Duncan Donuts Express- not all of the choices are there)... It's kind of funny because it at least two locations the Hess Station is across the street from an actual DD.

Mickey_777

Going back to the "not all DD make coffee the same" discussion, I had this happen to me THIS morning. Got an iced latte on the way to work and man was it watered down. No cofee or caremel flavor...super thin and watery. I went back and they made it for me again and it was good. It's more about the employee's than a location I think.

tonganprince

Theres used to be a DD across the street from the olive garden right outside the disney entrance. Last time we went, I drove by and it was gone. HOW??? :shrug:

Maybe, as suggested earlier in the thread, Floridians don't drink as much coffee as us northerners.

gwhb75

Being Canadian, I'm thinking Tim Hortons in WDW would be great. It would be cool to have it at least in Canada at Epcot.

rkelly42

Theres used to be a DD across the street from the olive garden right outside the disney entrance. Last time we went, I drove by and it was gone. HOW??? :shrug:

Maybe, as suggested earlier in the thread, Floridians don't drink as much coffee as us northerners.
There is Dunkin Donuts outside the entrance if you take a left and it is right after Ihop on the same side.

goofntink

Happy to report for all the Dunkin Donuts lovers out there including myself. The Hess gas station that is located at the car care center adjacent to the Magic Kingdom Toll Plaza and after you exit the main car parking lot just finished a remodel this past week and now has a Dunkin Donuts!!!!:eek::sohappy:

DisJosh

Happy to report for all the Dunkin Donuts lovers out there including myself. The Hess gas station that is located at the car care center adjacent to the Magic Kingdom Toll Plaza and after you exit the main car parking lot just finished a remodel this past week and now has a Dunkin Donuts!!!!:eek::sohappy:

Good to know!

I don't start my day without a Dunkin ice coffee. I've tried making my own but it's just not the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom