DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

jt04

what????? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

In those days of hard selling the "devil's juice" (as PN would say) at Pleasure Island there were some horrific accicents in the PI area involving people departing the festivities. But I think it would be in bad taste to dredge up the details. I don't blame Disney except as far as they were really pushing alcohol hard in those days.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No I am not the only one! Just look at the emotional reaction and personal jabs I have taken for my opinion. Nobody has refuted me other than, "you are wrong", including your post. Most people are afraid of being verbally attacked for having a difference of opinion so they remain silent. I love the challange and find it entertaining and amusing. You have to admit that the over emotional defense of PI and the AC on these boards does carry with it a certain aire of religious zealotry. :lol:

Wow JT your just great, a hero for the little man. But, and this is just my opinion, simply stating something over and over doesnt make it a fact or even a sound argument. You are passing on a belief, that unless Im mistaken, you stated was based on gut feel and just that an opinion. How does that square with the arguments put forward by those who do have some degree of access to both info and decision makers who are taking a dramatically opposite stand on this?

You seem to dismiss out of hand proper well constructed posts and rely on deflection and playing the woahh pooor me card. If people have taken the time to answer your points with what seems like some sort of detail to substantiate how they formed their opinion you can at least acknowledge that by responding to the post with something other than a yaa boo sucks message and a regurgitation of the opinion you have posted 97 times previously.

I have no insider info, I just enjoy being a troll.................allegedly.

jt04

Wow JT your just great, a hero for the little man. But, and this is just my opinion, simply stating something over and over doesnt make it a fact or even a sound argument. You are passing on a belief, that unless Im mistaken, you stated was based on gut feel and just that an opinion. How does that square with the arguments put forward by those who do have some degree of access to both info and decision makers who are taking a dramatically opposite stand on this?

You seem to dismiss out of hand proper well constructed posts and rely on deflection and playing the woahh pooor me card. If people have taken the time to answer your points with what seems like some sort of detail to substantiate how they formed their opinion you can at least acknowledge that by responding to the post with something other than a yaa boo sucks message and a regurgitation of the opinion you have posted 97 times previously.

I have no insider info, I just enjoy being a troll.................allegedly.

The only thing they ever say is there was a grand conspiracy to destroy a successful PI. No proof, no names, no dates. And I guess we are supposed to just believe it because they say so. Sorry, I wasn't raised to be anyone's fool. PI died because it was a poor idea and a worse business model. There are people in this thread that personally witnessed it deteriorate (including me) and Disney, through a myriad of changes, just couldn't save it. And they tried.

jt04

No, proof, no names, no dates?
:shrug:

I am just asking for some substance behind the "Disney conspiracy" claim.

Here is my proof of a non-conspiracy, just a poor idea/bad business model....

It's closed (proof). Eisner's Folly (name). Opened May 1 1989, Failed Sep 27th 2008 (date).

liquid toez

Back on topic, Starbillas, great place to browse and not buy and stay out of the rain. I always wanted to ask that animated psychic in the corner when some of the PI clubs would open. I'll miss viewing the Rolling Stones caricatures too.

jt04

Wow, and that's even coming from the one doing the verbal attacking!
:lol:

I prefer to call it "give and take" :lol:

If you watch what I post I rarely, if ever, "attack" someone unless I am "attacked" first. I love to have my ideas challanged, but baseless personal cheap shots do nothing to advance the conversation. But if someone wants to play the "go personal" card I can do that too.

I think Steve recognizes this in me which is why he does not ban me. I just have strong opinions and I will never apologize for it.

Enough about me.

Could someone please provide the details on the grand Disney conspiracy to destroy PI story? Otherwise I am left to believe it's just a bunch of hoopla! :p

wilsonhanks

I prefer to call it "give and take" :lol:

If you watch what I post I rarely, if ever, "attack" someone unless I am "attacked" first. I love to have my ideas challanged, but baseless personal cheap shots do nothing to advance the conversation. But if someone wants to play the "go personal" card I can do that too.

I think Steve recognizes this in me which is why he does not ban me. I just have strong opinions and I will never apologize for it.

Enough about me.

Could someone please provide the details on the grand Disney conspiracy to destroy PI story? Otherwise I am left to believe it's just a bunch of hoopla! :p

ummm..... why would a company need to build a conspiracy to destroy one of its own parts???? That would just make the company look very badly managed. They answer to money and money makes the calls. This isn't the JFK assasination it is business, governed by Adam Smiths hand. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

jt04

ummm..... why would a company need to build a conspiracy to destroy one of its own parts???? That would just make the company look very badly managed. They answer to money and money makes the calls. This isn't the JFK assasination it is business, governed by Adam Smiths hand. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

Makes sense to me.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You certainly are your own biggest fan, no question. :goodnevil

And to be fair theres no law against talking ______ on t'internet, otherwise id be silenced too.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
PI died because it was a poor idea and a worse business model. There are people in this thread that personally witnessed it deteriorate (including me) and Disney, through a myriad of changes, just couldn't save it. And they tried.

Disagree. PI died because it was poorly executed, not because it was a poor idea.

jt04

Disagree. PI died because it was poorly executed, not because it was a poor idea.

We will have to agree to disagree on that. PI might be a good idea for Miami Beach or Las Vegas or the Meadowlands but certainly not as a Disney property. IMO.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
We will have to agree to disagree on that. PI might be a good idea for Miami Beach or Las Vegas or the Meadowlands but certainly not as a Disney property. IMO.

Fair enough.

And nothing is a good idea for the Meadowlands.

Colonel: Is there anybody here from New Jersey?
Crowd: YEEEEEAAAAAAA!
Colonel: Ah. Alright then. I'll talk slower.

jt04

Fair enough.

And nothing is a good idea for the Meadowlands.

Colonel: Is there anybody here from New Jersey?
Crowd: YEEEEEAAAAAAA!
Colonel: Ah. Alright then. I'll talk slower.

They are building a DTD-esque complex at the Meadowlands even as we speak. I think it's called, "The DTD-esque complex at the Meadowlands". They should have hired more former Imagineers. :lookaroun

GothMickey

They are building a DTD-esque complex at the Meadowlands even as we speak. I think it's called, "The DTD-esque complex at the Meadowlands". They should have hired more former Imagineers. :lookaroun

What you are talking about is a prject called Xanadu. It is a mega-mall shopping center, complete with an indoor ski slope. It is being built next to Izod Center, formerly Continental Airlines Arena, which is due to be knocked down in a few years. HOWEVER, Xanadu is having a bit of an issue right now. And that issue is:

THEY CANNOT GET 3RD PARTY VENDORS TO OPEN STORES IN XANADU, LEAVING AN ISSUE WITH THE OPENING OF THE "MALL."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom