DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

Wilt Dasney

The jello shooters are still not a part of my memory. What time did they come out?
FWIW, I remember seeing them on at least one occasion during my College Program, late 2002. It MIGHT have been a special Halloween thing, but don't hold me to that. I'm wading through about 7 years and an alcoholic haze (then, not now) to recall seeing them at all. :lol:

Captain Chaos

FWIW, I remember seeing them on at least one occasion during my College Program, late 2002. It MIGHT have been a special Halloween thing, but don't hold me to that. I'm wading through about 7 years and an alcoholic haze (then, not now) to recall seeing them at all. :lol:

They were there January 2000 and January 2001 from my recollection... So, it wasn't just a Halloween thing...

hrcollectibles

IT belongs in a MUSEUM!

Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

I really do not see a problem with jello shot girls in an area specifically for adults. I remember a co-worker who went to Pleasure Island while her daughter went to a concert at the house of blues. She was a women in her early 40's and she had a blast with her friend .. They thought it was so cool that they had Adult Beverage carts (like ice cream carts)...lol.. I miss Pleasure Island in its Hey Day.. but alas it will never be that way again. Lets just hope that whatever they (Disney) does with the now vacant spaces will revitalize Both pleasure Island and the West Side

jt04

No...you still don't get it.

Yes...PI did die because of lack of attendance...HOWEVER...the only reason why there was lack of attendance was because of how Disney handled the clubs in the past 10 years...what with taking out the turnstyles and not doing a whole to towards updating the actual clubs.

What part of Disney is the one that did the killing don't you get?

I don't know what is so difficult to understand about the whole thing?

Pure 100% undiluted political spin. I've never believed that Disney secretly conspired to kill off PI. If it was allowed to fail it is because Disney knew it was a loser for them. And it was. Sorry, but you still don't get it.

jt04

What a funny thread ... I just wonder at what point the mods put it out of its misery.

I'm not one to censor at all, but really the discussion has nothing to do with the OP and has become largely one poster just stating whatever's on his mind, no matter how delusional. ... I've seen threads closed for far less here.

At the very least, since this has become a GENERAL discussion about DD and why PI closed, perhaps it should be moved, right JT?

Funny thing is when I finished with work and got back from a quick run for some errands I checked my email and there was one from the good people at ABD shilling ADULTS ONLY tours. I guess after alienating so many people, who used to be big Disney fans before Disney started meaning 'only if six-year-old Brittany will enjoy it', the company is quite desperate to get some of them back.

Anyway, I'll let you all get back to this ... I got better things to do.

Oh, and whomever said the DD McD's is closing should double check that ... it could indeed be possible, but someone told me that permits were taken out recently by McD's to do a substanial redo of that location. ... So, I really find it hard to believe that they are pulling out. If so, it's a bigger blow to Disney than it is to McD's.

I think this thread went so long because people had better things to do than discuss Starbillas closing. Not faulting the OP but the discussion was over in single digit posts. This thread has been a blast for me. If I defended the parks the way so many here defend PI in general but AC specificall you'd be accusing me or others of being high on pixie dust.Yet you remain silent on being critical of PI and the AC whether it be pro or con. But then I've noticed you always choose the position of least resistance. :snore:

lazyboy97o

Pure 100% undiluted political spin. I've never believed that Disney secretly conspired to kill off PI. If it was allowed to fail it is because Disney knew it was a loser for them. And it was. Sorry, but you still don't get it.
It's really not that outrageous of an idea. Maybe you've just never experienced it.

In fact, you only contradict yourself further. You claim that Pleasure Island was a colossal failure. You also claim Disney knows exactly what they are doing and absolutely on top of Downtown Disney's future. Then who is the idiot that kept the failure open for all these years?

jt04

It's really not that outrageous of an idea. Maybe you've just never experienced it.

In fact, you only contradict yourself further. You claim that Pleasure Island was a colossal failure. You also claim Disney knows exactly what they are doing and absolutely on top of Downtown Disney's future. Then who is the idiot that kept the failure open for all these years?

Maybe you haven't read the thread.

It wasn't me. And it is a mystery kinda. Oh and I defend the new regime being built under Iger, not the one Michael E. built. I believe Iger is trying his best to bring Disney back to it's foundational principles. But turning around a company the size and scope of TWDC takes time and patience. Yeah, I said it! Patience.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The restaurant replacing SPoodles will be serving anything BUT mac and cheese and burgers... Where do you get your information from dude??

Well, Dude, I was referring to the menu when Spoodles opened to the stripped down dumbed down Mediterranean food free sham of today. The justification of which was that it was too exotic for guests tastes.

Animaniac93-98

That is your opinion.

I never said they were facts. I have said over and over I am not an insider, I am offering my opinion. In my opinion.

You have nice opinions. Too bad you're the only one who thinks that and can't be bothered to listen to the insiders or people with reasoning.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The girls holding the trays of Jello shooters right outside the clubs made it seem pretty important. :lookaroun

No real dog in whatever fight is going on here for me, but if the suggestion is that PI sorta tucked all the booze into the back...that's not really how I recall it. :lol:

I recall jello shooters and cherries soaked in 151 being sold on the streets of the PI in its early days -- 1989-1991 or so. This was, of course, when you couldn't get on the Island without showing ID at night. Clearly, alcohol was important and not hidden.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Well, Dude, I was referring to the menu when Spoodles opened to the stripped down dumbed down Mediterranean food free sham of today. The justification of which was that it was too exotic for guests tastes.

I'm with you on that one, Sak. The original Spoodles offered a lot choice, different foods, and different style of dining than found anywhere else on property. Apparently too different, since they kept tweaking things to make it more and more mainstream, also making it less and less interesting. I have no doubt that the changes made Spoodles more popular by making it less unfamiliar to many guests, but I miss the way it was when it opened.

jt04

You have nice opinions. Too bad you're the only one who thinks that and can't be bothered to listen to the insiders or people with reasoning.

No I am not the only one! Just look at the emotional reaction and personal jabs I have taken for my opinion. Nobody has refuted me other than, "you are wrong", including your post. Most people are afraid of being verbally attacked for having a difference of opinion so they remain silent. I love the challange and find it entertaining and amusing. You have to admit that the over emotional defense of PI and the AC on these boards does carry with it a certain aire of religious zealotry. :lol:

jt04

I recall jello shooters and cherries soaked in 151 being sold on the streets of the PI in its early days -- 1989-1991 or so. This was, of course, when you couldn't get on the Island without showing ID at night. Clearly, alcohol was important and not hidden.

And it killed people :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom