DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

jt04

Well Id say the way you choose the words to describe your perception of events would indicate pretty entrenched and narrow views, they certainly dont seem to indicate a failure to allow for the large number of international guests whos culture and habits fall out with your constrained view of what is normal or acceptable.

And lets be honest it will keep going round and round as long as you continue to make asinine statements.

No offence.

The truth is I am incredibly tolerant of others. Not my opinion of myself, but what others have said. Which of my statements have you judged as "asinine" anyway?

I'm asking rhetorically. No need to answer.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The truth is I am incredibly tolerant of others. Not my opinion of myself, but what others have said. Which of my statements have you judged as "asinine" anyway?

I'm asking rhetorically. No need to answer.

True because you dont listen/read.

How old were your kids when you gave them alcohol education?

Animaniac93-98

Oh yes, the flip side of the PI concept plan to get into folks wallets. Go to WDW, dump the kids at a child care service and go get sloshed. How magical indeed. :rolleyes:

Eisner's Folly.

PS-I think you made a wise choice not having children. IMHO.

Wow, you just keep digging that grave deeper don't you? You obviously never went to those clubs as a kid and had a blast like myself so your opinion on them is about as informed as a 2 year olds is on rocket science.

And who says you get sloshed at an adult centric place like V&A? Or while taking a twilight tee on one of the golf courses?

Do you call anything you dislike Eisner's folly? Even when it makes money and is anything but?

I think the distinction needs to be made that PI and V&A serves two completely different functions in relation to alcohol.

While PI did have some tasty beverages, I think it is safe to say that they are meant to be enjoyed as adult beverages. You can even debate the purpose of the drinks was the end result and not the drink itself. You can debate it...I won't, because I don't really care.

V&A uses alcohol to complement the food as part of a total dining experience. I don't think anyone can debate that getting sloshed is even remotely considered for 99.9% of the diners at V&A.

While both glamorize drinking, they do it in completely different ways. It's an apple to oranges comparison. It's like saying that McDonald's and Shula's both glamorize hamburger.

Indeed, there is a distinction, but alcohol is still part of the experience, which is in WDW, like the Food and Wine festival. Drinking is acceptable at WDW now and has been for awhile, because it's part of multiple experiences. To suggest PI said drinking was more important than dancing or enjoying club entertainment is ridiculous. I never got that impression while visiting the place. It's perceptional and if JT wants to think PI was as sinful as it's Pinocchio counterpart (could childhood tramau from that movie influence his decision! :eek:) that's his problem, but unfortunately he thinks it's the reason no one ever vistied the place even if people did.

Lee

Adventurer
Oh yes, the flip side of the PI concept plan to get into folks wallets. Go to WDW, dump the kids at a child care service and go get sloshed. How magical indeed. :rolleyes:
Sloshed was not a requirement. I'm not a drinker, but merely enjoyed the entertainment PI provided.....and yes, without kids.
There are many of us out here, adults without kids who love WDW. We deserve to have a place for our enjoyment just as much as any other group. Your idea of "magical" is different from many others. For me, the AC (without kids) was extremely magical.
That's what makes Disney great: Something for everyone, but not everything for everyone.

PS-I think you made a wise choice not having children. IMHO.
No question about it.:cool:

Wilt Dasney

To suggest PI said drinking was more important than dancing or enjoying club entertainment is ridiculous.
The girls holding the trays of Jello shooters right outside the clubs made it seem pretty important. :lookaroun

No real dog in whatever fight is going on here for me, but if the suggestion is that PI sorta tucked all the booze into the back...that's not really how I recall it. :lol:

jt04

Wow, you just keep digging that grave deeper don't you? You obviously never went to those clubs as a kid and had a blast like myself so your opinion on them is about as informed as a 2 year olds is on rocket science.

And who says you get sloshed at an adult centric place like V&A? Or while taking a twilight tee on one of the golf courses?

Do you call anything you dislike Eisner's folly? Even when it makes money and is anything but?

Indeed, there is a distinction, but alcohol is still part of the experience, which is in WDW, like the Food and Wine festival. Drinking is acceptable at WDW now and has been for awhile, because it's part of multiple experiences. To suggest PI said drinking was more important than dancing or enjoying club entertainment is ridiculous. I never got that impression while visiting the place. It's perceptional and if JT wants to think PI was as sinful as it's Pinocchio counterpart (could childhood tramau from that movie influence his decision! :eek:) that's his problem, but unfortunately he thinks it's the reason no one ever vistied the place even if people did.

I've been to the AC and the rest of DTD. My experience is that the entertainment was forced and strangely artificial. Which is why, I think, they went through the period of really "hard selling" alcohol and adding DJ's who seemed to think that if they just yelled loud enough the people would get into the spirit of the daily "party". But it always seemed so forced and I think that is why the crowds dwindled year after year until it descended into what seemed like nothing much more than an after hours perk for CM's with way too much time on their hands. Not saying that is what it was but that is how it seemed.

The place took on a weird sad vibe as the years passed. It is one of the oddest places we have ever been even during it's heyday.

But I'm sure it could make a great Twilight Zone episode if someone was so inclined. Of course they better film it soon, cause there is little left of Eisner's Folly.

Pumbas Nakasak

So how does the boring Boardwalk fit in that picture? Same scenario boring dead clubs where staff pounce on you before stuffing booze down your thrapple and poisoning the minds of the innocents with the bland middle of the road plinkety plonk piano music. Same poo different loo? :shrug:

Thing is even rat arsed I can still recognise when something is mince, and thats what Disney offered, adult entertainment sub par on what any decent size town offered but at premium prices.

Its not exclusive to PI /DTD lets face it many acts that play at Disney couldnt get a regular slot in your local hall. It wasnt called Tarzan Sucks as a tribute to its vacuum qualities.

EPCOT Explorer

I've been to the AC and the rest of DTD. My experience is that the entertainment was forced and strangely artificial. Which is why, I think, they went through the period of really "hard selling" alcohol and adding DJ's who seemed to think that if they just yelled loud enough the people would get into the spirit of the daily "party". But it always seemed so forced and I think that is why the crowds dwindled year after year until it descended into what seemed like nothing much more than an after hours perk for CM's with way too much time on their hands. Not saying that is what it was but that is how it seemed.

The place took on a weird sad vibe as the years passed. It is one of the oddest places we have ever been even during it's heyday.

But I'm sure it could make a great Twilight Zone episode if someone was so inclined. Of course they better film it soon, cause there is little left of Eisner's Folly.

For the 2390847283749th time, yes, it was like that!:brick::lol:

Why? They let it become that. C'mon, jt, you see the EPCOT Center parallel here...

Was that for little kiddies too?;)

wdwfan100

I am just saying that for everyone that complained there were those that didn't. They just went away. Never visited WDW again. I know some of them and it is a large number. And I do know people on both sides of this issue.

Just so I am clear...You are saying that because there was a small section of the resort that was for adults, people just turned there backs on 99.9% of the rest of the resort that would appeal to them. Never to return. I can't say that makes a whole lot of sense. Did they stop shopping at the grocery stores that have a beer and wine section too?

Animaniac93-98

The girls holding the trays of Jello shooters right outside the clubs made it seem pretty important. :lookaroun

No real dog in whatever fight is going on here for me, but if the suggestion is that PI sorta tucked all the booze into the back...that's not really how I recall it. :lol:

Oh no of course alcohol wasn't hidden but you didn't need to drink it to enjoy seeing somone's reaction to the bar stools rising and lowering in AC.

The jello shooters are still not a part of my memory. What time did they come out?

jt04

Just so I am clear...You are saying that because there was a small section of the resort that was for adults, people just turned there backs on 99.9% of the rest of the resort that would appeal to them. Never to return. I can't say that makes a whole lot of sense. Did they not shopping at the grocery stores that have a beer and wine section too?

Before I comment, could we please stop with the ridiculous and immature straw dog arguments? They are almost painful in their silliness.

Sorry but it is true. There was a Disney before Eisner that would have never considered something like PI. Not bashing Eisner, he got more right than wrong at WDW. But you probably don't know the pre-Eisner Disney. It existed and it had a massive fan base. But Eisner wanted to recreate Disney in his image. And he wanted Disney to offer a wider range of entertainment to appeal to a larger audience. The problem was he often alienated more people than he won over. The jury is out on how his ventures actually helped TWDC. I contend that if Disney had stayed true to Walt's vision the company would be smaller but the quality of it's products would be much better. WDW74 thinks the problem lies with current management but it really goes back to the divergence from it's founders ideals under Eisner.

jt04

For the 2390847283749th time, yes, it was like that!:brick::lol:

Why? They let it become that. C'mon, jt, you see the EPCOT Center parallel here...

Was that for little kiddies too?;)

I know what you are getting at but I don't agree. They did everything they could to keep PI afloat. Everything failed, they just couldn't bail fast enough. Epcot will return however.

jt04

So how does the boring Boardwalk fit in that picture? Same scenario boring dead clubs where staff pounce on you before stuffing booze down your thrapple and poisoning the minds of the innocents with the bland middle of the road plinkety plonk piano music. Same poo different loo? :shrug:

Thing is even rat arsed I can still recognise when something is mince, and thats what Disney offered, adult entertainment sub par on what any decent size town offered but at premium prices.

Its not exclusive to PI /DTD lets face it many acts that play at Disney couldnt get a regular slot in your local hall. It wasnt called Tarzan Sucks as a tribute to its vacuum qualities.

Boardwalk as a business venture can only be seen as a failure. The boardwalk not the DVC. Which is why it is also going to be transformed. Basically it was PI lite. And it needs fixing.

Pumbas Nakasak

Boardwalk as a business venture can only be seen as a failure. The boardwalk not the DVC. Which is why it is also going to be transformed. Basically it was PI lite. And it needs fixing.

How ? I cant think of much that Disney could do to entice me in.

jt04

How ? I cant think of much that Disney could do to entice me in.

I think it isn't high on the priority list. The rebuild, not enticing you in. They just announced a replacement for Spoodles so I think that is an indicator. I personally think it will be with offerings that help keep the DVC full and draw the area resort guests. Somewhat similar to how they just rebuilt the Contemporary offerings to better serve the new DVC and CR guests.

Basically a better variety and quality of eateries and basic services to area guests. For entertainment I think most options will now be at DTD since access to the boardwalk is difficult for most on-property guests and locals. Plus Epcot is just around the corner, just a short walk away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom